Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3551 jwilke5

jwilke5
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

I had the same experience as the others - it was calling for rain every day last year when i went down in November, and I literally don't even remember seeing a cloud! Even if it does rain, it will probably be for like 15 minutes or something. The odds are definitely in your favor!!

#3552 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
    • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mc5363
      Thanks Ladies! The last thing I need is to bring 40 people on a rained out vacation. I am getting so excited. It's down to the wire...just hope I remember everything:)
      I wish you lots of luck! Your going to have soo much funn!! Don't worry about the rain or anything, everything will work out :)

I am excited for you!!

P.S. Hi everyone!! I am always on but I hardley ever check in Sorry!
      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#3553 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
      • 185 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
        Thanks Ladies! The last thing I need is to bring 40 people on a rained out vacation. I am getting so excited. It's down to the wire...just hope I remember everything:)
        Best Wishes and Good Luck!!

I cant wait to hear how it all turns out, its been a while since we've has any review to read!

#3554 jwilke5

jwilke5
        • 314 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
          GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear about your experiences, we'll all be waiting anxiously for your review! Enjoy every moment!!

#3555 meldal101010

meldal101010
          • 444 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hey all you Dreams brides,

Just wondering if the rooms at Dreams are super expensive? Do you get a deal if you go through a travel agent and are in a large group?

Sorry but we recieved a wonderful call from the in-laws last night to pretty much grease us out about the price of the rooms

Oh future in-laws...ughhhhh...Thanks ladies!!

#3556 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
            • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

Congratulations to all of the Dreams “November” Brides!! I wish you all the best and can not wait to hear all the details when you return!!

Amanda (amanda85) & Rick - November ?, 2009
              Maria (mc5363) & John - November 5, 2009
              Angela (angela1184) & Ray - November 6, 2009
              Jennifer & Chris (Keiperwedding) - November 7, 2009
              Jodey & Simon - November 12, 2009
              Theresa (girlpi1ot) & Todd - November 14, 2009
              Emily (epargin) & Darren - November 14, 2009
              Courtney (cbell) & Rob - November 16, 2009
              Valerie and Ryan (Ryan & Valerie) - November 21, 2009

#3557 mc5363

mc5363
              • 315 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by meldal101010
                Hey all you Dreams brides,

Just wondering if the rooms at Dreams are super expensive? Do you get a deal if you go through a travel agent and are in a large group?

Sorry but we recieved a wonderful call from the in-laws last night to pretty much grease us out about the price of the rooms

Oh future in-laws...ughhhhh...Thanks ladies!!
                We got a great rate. My group booked directly through Dreams and got a wedding discount of $130 per person. So for couples, this would be $260, which seems a bit expensive for some, but keep in mind it is the all inclusive rate. You are really paying $130 per night for lodging, meals and drinks. When you think of it like that, it's really cheap.

#3558 mc5363

mc5363
                • 315 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TheOneDay
                  Congratulations to all of the Dreams “November” Brides!! I wish you all the best and can not wait to hear all the details when you return!!

Amanda (amanda85) & Rick - November ?, 2009
                  Maria (mc5363) & John - November 5, 2009
                  Angela (angela1184) & Ray - November 6, 2009
                  Jennifer & Chris (Keiperwedding) - November 7, 2009
                  Jodey & Simon - November 12, 2009
                  Theresa (girlpi1ot) & Todd - November 14, 2009
                  Emily (epargin) & Darren - November 14, 2009
                  Courtney (cbell) & Rob - November 16, 2009
                  Valerie and Ryan (Ryan & Valerie) - November 21, 2009
                  Thanks so much! I will be sure to share all the details when I get back. I lived by this site when I was planning my wedding and couldn't have done without. I leave on Saturday and am so excited. Talk to you all soon!!

#3559 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi ladies I was wondering what eveyone is doing about honeymoon ideas. We were going to stay at Dreams for a week after the wedding, but now I'm thinking I want to go to Secrets Maroma Beach instead. We don't have the budget to fly to another location, but I still want to feel like we are going to our honeymoon. Any experiences or suggestions??
                    Thank you!!

#3560 jwilke5

jwilke5
                    • 314 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

Carolina24, i have stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach and it was AMAZING!! Plus the added perk that it is adults only makes it more honeymoon-friendly. I was there right after it opened in November 2008, and it is truly a beautiful resort. Best food i've ever had on a vacation too!
                      I think we are going to go on a honeymoon later in the year in Hawaii, but if i was staying in the Riviera Maya area i would definitley consider going back to Secrets. I think it would be nice to get a change of scenery after the wedding by moving to another hotel, you'd probably be able to relax a little more too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users