Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3511 mc5363

mc5363
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meldal101010
    I'm going to skip the cocktail hour for sure! Hopefully they will agree to give me 15 extra people at the reception because we have anywhere from 40-55 people coming...$52 seems reasonable.
    It is definitely helpful to get the extra people as an exchange. I agree that $52 is reasonable. If I was getting married at home, I would pay much more than that and I wouldn't be dancing the night away on a beautiful beach:)

#3512 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
    • 299 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jwilke5
      Hi Nadine - question for you... Do you happen to know how far in advance you have to commit to a number of guests? I have a feeling I will have several people that drag their foot on booking, or even committing to coming. Do you have any idea when you have to sign the actual contract?

Thanks for your help =)
      From what I understand, you don't have to actually sign the contract until you get there. Many of the past brides have said that you'll meet with the WC a few days before the wedding and work out all of the contract details within an hour. I believe you'll tell her then how many people will be there. Cecilia sent me my contract and I'm not going to ask for changes until I get to Mexico. I don't think either of us need the frustrations of communicating by email!

#3513 jcoop

jcoop
      • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

I got married at Dreams about a month ago...the only things i had set on my contract before going down there was the time and the location. I didn't tell them how many people were coming until the day I got down there...just that i'd have somewhere between 20 and 50. I spent about half an hour with Cecilia (who is amazing by the way) on my arrival date and we got it all figured out. Since I was the only bride on my day, i could even have changed the time and location if i'd wanted to.

#3514 jcoop

jcoop
        • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

I got married at Dreams about a month ago...the only things i had set on my contract before going down there was the time and the location. I didn't tell them how many people were coming until the day I got down there...just that i'd have somewhere between 20 and 50. I spent about half an hour with Cecilia (who is amazing by the way) on my arrival date and we got it all figured out. Since I was the only bride on my day, i could even have changed the time and location if i'd wanted to.

#3515 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by wilsoml2
            From what I understand, you don't have to actually sign the contract until you get there. Many of the past brides have said that you'll meet with the WC a few days before the wedding and work out all of the contract details within an hour. I believe you'll tell her then how many people will be there. Cecilia sent me my contract and I'm not going to ask for changes until I get to Mexico. I don't think either of us need the frustrations of communicating by email!
            I belive you will have to sign some sort of contract when you send in your deposit, that way you wont lose your date. You can make finalll decisions when you get there. Or in my case, I changed evertyhing.
            Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3516 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jcoop
              that is VERY usefull information....it's been awful trying to communicate through email. I just want to get the date and time down and that's taking forever!!!

#3517 jwilke5

jwilke5
              • 314 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jcoop
                That is really helpful to know. How was your overall experience with your wedding? It's great to hear from someone who was there so recently! Which package did you pick? Congrats =)

#3518 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

Well ladies I followed the advice of jcoop and signed the proposal with the date and time....so we're officially getting married 9-24-2010!!! We're sending STD tomorrow; I feel soooo relieved

#3519 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                  • 299 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by stacey
                    I belive you will have to sign some sort of contract when you send in your deposit, that way you wont lose your date. You can make finalll decisions when you get there. Or in my case, I changed evertyhing.
                    Nope! We weren't asked to sign anything when we sent the deposit. We'll sign it after we get there and get everything settled.

#3520 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
                    • 185 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carolina24
                      Well ladies I followed the advice of jcoop and signed the proposal with the date and time....so we're officially getting married 9-24-2010!!! We're sending STD tomorrow; I feel soooo relieved
                      Congrats! Its so exciting to get that part out of the way so you can move on to more exciting parts of planning!! I was asked to sign my contract and once changes are made i will sign it, you can still make any changes you want after you have signed it, i was told it just saves your date. There have been other brides who have had their date or time changed on them, if you have a contract signed saying your date and time they cant move you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users