Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3461 leaseylu

leaseylu
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meldal101010
    I'm wondering if anyone knows who I have to get in touch with for some info on Dreams, Cancun. I've just decided this is where i would like to have my wedding next October, but I don't know what my next step is. I would prefer to have more info (prices of rooms, Cost for 30+ guests, etc...) before I make a final decision.

    For those who married here....did you find it to be fairly affordable, because I don't want my guests having to shell out too much money. I am planning on getting the Ultimate package...does this include the room for the bride & groom? Did you find there were lots of activities to choose from for your guests (swimming with dolphins, scuba diving, etc..)

    Sorry about all the questions, but there is just soooo much too take in, i feel as if my head is about to explode...lol
    I just booked a date thru the WC (email listed on the website). It took a while to get ahold of her by email and I ended up just calling the resort and reconfirming by email. We haven't finalized the contract so i can't tell you much about the price. We are looking at 30- 35 for the wedding and I am guessing it is going to about double the cost of the package for all the extra people etc. The website has lots of wedding info and a page of additional costs. The rooms, dolphins etc are not included. The group rate isn't too hot either. We found the best price booking thru one of the travel websites with air and hotel together if you want a quick estimate of cost for your guests. Sorry I don't know more but i will let you know when i do!

    #3462 wilsoml2

    wilsoml2
    • Jr. Member
    • 299 posts

      Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by meldal101010
      I'm wondering if anyone knows who I have to get in touch with for some info on Dreams, Cancun. I've just decided this is where i would like to have my wedding next October, but I don't know what my next step is. I would prefer to have more info (prices of rooms, Cost for 30+ guests, etc...) before I make a final decision.

      For those who married here....did you find it to be fairly affordable, because I don't want my guests having to shell out too much money. I am planning on getting the Ultimate package...does this include the room for the bride & groom? Did you find there were lots of activities to choose from for your guests (swimming with dolphins, scuba diving, etc..)

      Sorry about all the questions, but there is just soooo much too take in, i feel as if my head is about to explode...lol
      Here is a link to their wedding guide: http://www.dreamsres......ng Guide.pdf

      Hopefully that'll help with additional prices. I agree with the other ladies that you should check out orbitz or expedia for hotel+airfare costs.

      Good luck with your decision!

      #3463 meldal101010

      meldal101010
      • Jr. Member
      • 444 posts

        Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by wilsoml2
        Here is a link to their wedding guide: http://www.dreamsres......ng Guide.pdf

        Hopefully that'll help with additional prices. I agree with the other ladies that you should check out orbitz or expedia for hotel+airfare costs.

        Good luck with your decision!


        Thanks you!! The website is extremely helpful!!

        #3464 Nadine2010

        Nadine2010
        • Jr. Member
        • 185 posts

          Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

          Welcome Medal101010, its nice to have another Calgarian on here! I deffinatley agree that a travel agent is the way to go to get some good pricing. If it helps you a little, the quote that I receved from calgary at the beginning of August 2010 was $1908 a person for flight, hotel and transfers. These rates are through Air Canada Vacations and include an early booking bonus of $460/person. This quote did not become available until the beginning of september so it might be a little while to get october pricing is out but it is deffinatley worth keeping your eyes open for the early booking bonuses, deffinatley made this trip more affordable for our guests. You may be able to get a better gorup rate than i did as i only have 15 people but i am not sure. Dreams Cancun is an amzing resort and I cant wait to be married there.

          Let me know if I can help you with anything!

          #3465 leaseylu

          leaseylu
          • Newbie
          • 10 posts

            Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

            my fiances family is interested in organizing a welcome/rehearsal dinner off the resort. has anyone had a rehearsal dinner at the Paloma Bonita restaurant next door?

            #3466 meldal101010

            meldal101010
            • Jr. Member
            • 444 posts

              Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nadine2010
              Welcome Medal101010, its nice to have another Calgarian on here! I deffinatley agree that a travel agent is the way to go to get some good pricing. If it helps you a little, the quote that I receved from calgary at the beginning of August 2010 was $1908 a person for flight, hotel and transfers. These rates are through Air Canada Vacations and include an early booking bonus of $460/person. This quote did not become available until the beginning of september so it might be a little while to get october pricing is out but it is deffinatley worth keeping your eyes open for the early booking bonuses, deffinatley made this trip more affordable for our guests. You may be able to get a better gorup rate than i did as i only have 15 people but i am not sure. Dreams Cancun is an amzing resort and I cant wait to be married there.

              Let me know if I can help you with anything!
              Nadine, it is great to see another Calgarian on here!!! Go Flames!!! lol...First off, let me start by saying a big congrats to you!!! When is your wedding date? We'll probably get to know each other on here pretty well over the next year or so :) It seems like a great place to get some of your questions answered and to get ideas :)

              Anyway, another couple questions to anybody who can answer them for me....we want to get married on Oct 10, 2010---but that seems to be a Sunday. Does anyone know if they perform ceremonies on Sundays? If they do, is anything open...bars, etc...?

              Also, are most people getting legally married before they actually go away? Is it a requirement? Why??


              Thanks all and Congratulations to everyone!!!!

              #3467 Kat81

              Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

                Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by meldal101010
                Nadine, it is great to see another Calgarian on here!!! Go Flames!!! lol...First off, let me start by saying a big congrats to you!!! When is your wedding date? We'll probably get to know each other on here pretty well over the next year or so :) It seems like a great place to get some of your questions answered and to get ideas :)

                Anyway, another couple questions to anybody who can answer them for me....we want to get married on Oct 10, 2010---but that seems to be a Sunday. Does anyone know if they perform ceremonies on Sundays? If they do, is anything open...bars, etc...?

                Also, are most people getting legally married before they actually go away? Is it a requirement? Why??


                Thanks all and Congratulations to everyone!!!!
                I got married on a Sunday. Everything is open.

                As for getting married before we went, we wanted to so we didn't have to deal with the paperwork and bloodwork once we were down there. We got married the month before we left here in Texas. You can get legally married there though you just have to arrive I think four days before your wedding and get some bloodwork done. You also have to bring a bunch of documents.

                #3468 meldal101010

                meldal101010
                • Jr. Member
                • 444 posts

                  Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kat81
                  I got married on a Sunday. Everything is open.

                  As for getting married before we went, we wanted to so we didn't have to deal with the paperwork and bloodwork once we were down there. We got married the month before we left here in Texas. You can get legally married there though you just have to arrive I think four days before your wedding and get some bloodwork done. You also have to bring a bunch of documents.


                  Ohhhh....so you can skip the bloodwork and the extra 4 days if you get legally married beforehand?? If so, thats definitley what i'll be doing. Less of a hassle.

                  Thanks Kat, that was SUPER helpful and awesome news to me!!!

                  #3469 Kat81

                  Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

                    Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by meldal101010
                    Ohhhh....so you can skip the bloodwork and the extra 4 days if you get legally married beforehand?? If so, thats definitley what i'll be doing. Less of a hassle.

                    Thanks Kat, that was SUPER helpful and awesome news to me!!!
                    yeah, we weren't looking forward to that either. Honestly it makes it a lot easier too because then you don't have to worry about getting documents translated etc. And my DH is a canadian and I am american so it just made everything go smoother!

                    #3470 wilsoml2

                    wilsoml2
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 299 posts

                      Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by leaseylu
                      my fiances family is interested in organizing a welcome/rehearsal dinner off the resort. has anyone had a rehearsal dinner at the Paloma Bonita restaurant next door?
                      While I haven't seen a rehearsal dinner at Paloma Bonita, I have eaten there. It's pretty cool inside and the staff were awesome. They gave us some HUGE sombreros to take pictures with, it was a blast!

                      Here's a picture of the inside
                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      My FI and I in the sombreros
                      Click the image to open in full size.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users