Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3191 mc5363

mc5363
  • Jr. Member
  • 315 posts

    Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mummergirl
    if only a few people would be left out then yeah you kinda have to have everyone. LOVE the idea of separating for your bachelor/bachelorette parties afterward ... as long as it's not the night before the wedding ... that could make for a difficult, hungover wedding day!

    Definitely NOT the night before the wedding. That would be terrible! I would never make it. We are doing the rehearsal on Tuesday and getting married on Thursday so I'll have a day to recoop. Did you guys go to any of the night clubs?

    #3192 cougs

    cougs

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

      Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mc5363
      Definitely NOT the night before the wedding. That would be terrible! I would never make it. We are doing the rehearsal on Tuesday and getting married on Thursday so I'll have a day to recoop. Did you guys go to any of the night clubs?
      if your rehearsal is on tuesday night, that's when they do the mexican night on the lagoon beach. the buffet is moved out there and there's a mexican/mayan folklore show. the dinner starts at a specific time, so i'm sure if you got there first at opening time, you could have your whole party seated easily. that said, most of my guests didn't really care for the food at mexican night. weird, mexicans can't do mexican food?!?! we got there late, heard how no one really liked it, and went to himitsu instead, so i can't verify. (the caribbean night with the fire show on friday night was much better--both the food and the entertainment).

      we didn't go to any of the clubs down the strip (had hardly any young people with us) but i *really* wish we had. one of my few wedding week regrets! azucar was closed all week ... i guess not enough people to warrant opening because of swine flu. we were really lacking a late-night bar/place to dance.

      #3193 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

        p.s. i hear all the best things about coco bongo, and it's definitely within walking distance (as are the other clubs), as long as you have walking-type shoes on. with a group, i don't think you will feel unsafe walking there at night at all.

        #3194 mc5363

        mc5363
        • Jr. Member
        • 315 posts

          Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          if your rehearsal is on tuesday night, that's when they do the mexican night on the lagoon beach. the buffet is moved out there and there's a mexican/mayan folklore show. the dinner starts at a specific time, so i'm sure if you got there first at opening time, you could have your whole party seated easily. that said, most of my guests didn't really care for the food at mexican night. weird, mexicans can't do mexican food?!?! we got there late, heard how no one really liked it, and went to himitsu instead, so i can't verify. (the caribbean night with the fire show on friday night was much better--both the food and the entertainment).

          we didn't go to any of the clubs down the strip (had hardly any young people with us) but i *really* wish we had. one of my few wedding week regrets! azucar was closed all week ... i guess not enough people to warrant opening because of swine flu. we were really lacking a late-night bar/place to dance.
          Thanks for the suggestion! I am not sure what will be bumpin on a Tuesday night but Fat Tuesdays was one of my favorite places last time I wen to Cancun. We may have to switch it up and head out on Saturday to make sure we can have some real fun:)

          #3195 sunitam

          sunitam
          • Newbie
          • 124 posts

            Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            i just paid $110 for my 2 photographers. that said, i think i might have been able to get away with paying nothing. DH's brother and his gf decided last minute to fly down a day early and just see how much the extra day would be. when they were told something ridiculous like $400, they said screw that and just came in with the rest of the family, used the resort and restaurants all day, and crashed in our suite that night. the next day they went and checked in like they weren't already there a whole day, lol. all anyone ever asks for at restaurants is your room number (you could give them anyone's room). i was still afraid they'd ask for a pass for the photographers because they were schlepping equipment. not to mention mine don't actually have their mexican work visas yet, so i didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to them. they were never given any actual passes (just gave their names at the desk), but they were stopped and questioned once or twice inside the resort.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cancunbride
            OMG Lisa that is too funny. I had one of my BMs stay at Krystal and they were at Dreams all week. They crashed in my room, then in other peoples rooms all week. They didnt even use their hotel. They ate at Dreams, Drank at Dreams and used their pool. All they had to do was say one of our room numbers and they were in. hahah Too Funny. All they would do is go to their room to change at night. hahah

            Claudia knew about my photographer and didnt bother to charge me a visitor fee.

            How were your drinks??
            Hey guys, i have a question and a problem- my sister (MOH) and cousin (bridesmaid) are both students and cannot come to cancun for a full week b/c of school and finances. my travel agent quoted them 3500 each for 1 week at dreams (they were going to fly down on new years and my wedding is jan 4). 3500 each is crazy and they for sure cannot pay this! so we are looking into getting them seperate flight and hotels and i looked into Krystal and the Hyatt b/c i heard from the forum that they are a lot cheaper. if they flew with westjet and stayed at the krystal for 4 nights, they would be looking at around 1000 from toronto and 1400 from alberta. BUT they are really worried about having to pay for a day pass Every day that they come to Dreams. if they both have to pay for a day pass for 4 days, that would suck. sylvia and lisa, you guys mentioned that your guests got in without the day pass so could you please tell me how they did it! my travel agent said that dreams is really strict about letting ppl in and they always charge for a day pass!

            and btw sylvia- does Krystal have food at the resort and how far is it from dreams?

            thanks guys!!!

            #3196 mc5363

            mc5363
            • Jr. Member
            • 315 posts

              Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunitam
              Hey guys, i have a question and a problem- my sister (MOH) and cousin (bridesmaid) are both students and cannot come to cancun for a full week b/c of school and finances. my travel agent quoted them 3500 each for 1 week at dreams (they were going to fly down on new years and my wedding is jan 4). 3500 each is crazy and they for sure cannot pay this! so we are looking into getting them seperate flight and hotels and i looked into Krystal and the Hyatt b/c i heard from the forum that they are a lot cheaper. if they flew with westjet and stayed at the krystal for 4 nights, they would be looking at around 1000 from toronto and 1400 from alberta. BUT they are really worried about having to pay for a day pass Every day that they come to Dreams. if they both have to pay for a day pass for 4 days, that would suck. sylvia and lisa, you guys mentioned that your guests got in without the day pass so could you please tell me how they did it! my travel agent said that dreams is really strict about letting ppl in and they always charge for a day pass!

              and btw sylvia- does Krystal have food at the resort and how far is it from dreams?

              thanks guys!!!
              That stinks! I remember another girl saying that they had people come from other resorts and they didn't pay. I am pretty sure she said that the only time they were even asked was at a restaurant and all you have to do is give them a room number. Good luck...I am sure it will work out!

              #3197 cougs

              cougs

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

                Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sunitam
                sylvia and lisa, you guys mentioned that your guests got in without the day pass so could you please tell me how they did it! my travel agent said that dreams is really strict about letting ppl in and they always charge for a day pass!
                honestly, you just walk right in. it's not like there's security waiting there to catch you. don't stop anywhere near the front desk and just keep walking. at the restaurants (even the buffet) they will ask for your room number. have them give one of your group's room numbers and you should be fine, as long as they aren't trying to come in carrying all sorts of luggage, i don't think anyone will notice. especially if they see them there on more than one day. when occupancy at the hotel is low like it is now i think they are more apt to remember faces. maybe the first time you should leave the resort and walk in with them, that way they won't look like they don't know where they are going.

                worst case scenario, they get stopped and have to purchase a day pass? they can act like they didn't know. 4 days' worth of passes is $220, which sucks, but the total price is still way lower than the 3 grand they were quoted!

                #3198 cougs

                cougs

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

                  Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                  I recently ordered steins from factory_21 to put in my OOT bags but now I'm having buyers remorse after reading that Lisa's guests got drinks in fancy glasses or bottles (something like that...forgive me if I'm misquoting you Lisa!) I thought most resorts gave drinks in dinky plastic cups?!?!

                  Those of you who have been to Dreams...do you think the cups will be useful? Or should I order more and use them at the AHR?!?! Opinions wanted!
                  cassondra, this is the kind of glass most of our drinks were served in. it's plenty large.
                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  however, i did see some chicks at the swimup bar who were using dreams travel mugs they bought in the gift shop tho ... they felt it was just more sanitary to use their own mug (their words). are your steins personalized? i think your guests will appreciate the souvenir anyway, even if they aren't entirely "necessary," KWIM? although if they take up a lot of space, once you start packing up all your stuff you might think twice, lol!

                  #3199 sunitam

                  sunitam
                  • Newbie
                  • 124 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mc5363
                    That stinks! I remember another girl saying that they had people come from other resorts and they didn't pay. I am pretty sure she said that the only time they were even asked was at a restaurant and all you have to do is give them a room number. Good luck...I am sure it will work out!
                    thanks Lisa and Marla..u guys are soooo nice!!! :)

                    #3200 sunitam

                    sunitam
                    • Newbie
                    • 124 posts

                      Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

                      sorry, i meant thanks maria :)

                      my sister and my cousin both booked their flights with westjet today and got pretty good deals- they are probably going to stay at the Hyatt next door, and Ill just walk in with them the few days that we need to get them in. I feel much better now! i love this forum :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users