Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra2009 View Post
I have yet another question for Dreams Cancun brides...I emailed Claudia but no response yet sad.gif

How many people fit at the round tables? Im trying to figure out my seating plan. TIA!

I did round tables and I was able to sit 8 people per table

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5363 View Post
Hi everyone! I am trying to put something together for a "rehearsal dinner" for all our guests. Has anyone done this off the resort? I just figure if we have to pay for it, we might as well go somewhere off the resort since we can eat at those restaurants for free all week. One of my ideas was to go on a dinner cruise. I emailed Aquaworld and they are willing to offer group discounts. Here is the email I received in case anyone else is interested:

Hi Maria,

Thanks for getting back to me.
The price per person would depend on the menu you would like to offer your guests, if you would like to offer the Cancun Queen menu (Chicken or Fish) then the price per person is $50 usd (+ 10% tax), if you would like the Lobster or Steak menu the price per person is $70 usd (+ 10% tax), there is also a vegetarian pasta menu for $50 usd (+ 10% tax).

Regarding discounts, I have checked and we can offer for every 10 persons you reserve, one person free. With 39 people total this would mean that you would only pay for 36.

I have also forwarded this mail to my immediate manager who will contact you with any further details she sees relevant, please don't hesitate to get back to me should you need any further information whatsoever meanwhile.

If anyone has ideas, please share!!

We tried doing a rehearsal dinner also but if you all just get there within the same time, they can accommodate everyone, just tip the hostess... They were able to accommodate 20 of us one night

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride View Post
We tried doing a rehearsal dinner also but if you all just get there within the same time, they can accommodate everyone, just tip the hostess... They were able to accommodate 20 of us one night
I am nervous about winging it at the resort becuase we have 40 guests. I am not sure if they will be able to accomodate that many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5363 View Post
I am nervous about winging it at the resort becuase we have 40 guests. I am not sure if they will be able to accomodate that many people.
well technically, the rehearsal should be for just the people who are IN the wedding (and their spouses/dates/children), plus your parents. that should be a more manageable number, no? if you invite EVERYONE who is a guest of the wedding, your wedding dinner will be like a redo. at least that's the way i saw it, so we skipped it. i think people appreciated not having their days (or even meals) planned away for them. could be wrong tho ... there could be someone out there badmouthing me right now for not having a rehearsal dinner, LOL!

Hey how are you doing? What time do you get married on the 24th June (phillibride 09)? I arrive from the UK about 3pm. Hope you have a wonderful time and I will maybe be able to catch up with you. Take care and good luck Tracy xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBASIM View Post
Hey ladies!

Back to day from the most amazing week of my life! A Dreams Wedding was everything I would expect and more. I am taking off work tomorrow so i will be sure to do my review. I have lots of pictures so I will post them also.
Welcome back. Glad you had a fantastic time and everything was a dream. Look forward to seeing your pics. Tracy xx

I recently ordered steins from factory_21 to put in my OOT bags but now I'm having buyers remorse after reading that Lisa's guests got drinks in fancy glasses or bottles (something like that...forgive me if I'm misquoting you Lisa!) I thought most resorts gave drinks in dinky plastic cups?!?!

Those of you who have been to Dreams...do you think the cups will be useful? Or should I order more and use them at the AHR?!?! Opinions wanted!

And thanks to everyone who answered my question about the number of guests per table...and sorry for all of the questions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye15 View Post
Hey how are you doing? What time do you get married on the 24th June (phillibride 09)? I arrive from the UK about 3pm. Hope you have a wonderful time and I will maybe be able to catch up with you. Take care and good luck Tracy xx
Hi..We are suppose to be getting marred at 5:30 :-) I can't believe it's here already

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBASIM View Post
Hey ladies!

Back to day from the most amazing week of my life! A Dreams Wedding was everything I would expect and more. I am taking off work tomorrow so i will be sure to do my review. I have lots of pictures so I will post them also.
Yay Jen!! I'm so glad you had a good time! I hope they took good care of you and your guests!smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
Oohh Quick question for all of the Dreams Brides...Do they have hair dryers in the roomshuh.gif
I have had a couple people ask me, so I checked the Website & it doesn't really say.
YES! If they are not in your room then call and the will bring one up!