Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2851 cougs

cougs

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

    Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenn3878
    hey girls....we are scheduled to go to Cancun on May 6th for our wedding on May 8th....but at this time I dont think we are going the #1 reason is that I am pregnant and a little scared to travel at this time with all that is going on?
    I am so completely heartbroken I cannot think straight. How is everyone else doing??
    oh jenn! i forgot one of our early may brides was pregnant! i don't know what to say ... a lot of this is just sensationalism, but i think if i were pregnant i personally would be afraid of the risk to the baby. even a mild illness in you could be detrimental to your little one's development. the most frustrating thing is there's just no way of knowing for sure whether everything will be ok, and can you take the chance? my heart just aches for you.

    #2852 Jenn3878

    Jenn3878
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,681 posts

      Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mc5363
      I feel so bad for you! I just feel like it's one thing after another with Mexico this year. First, I had people asking me about the drug cartels and violence. Now, I am apparently a swine flu expert. It is just so sad that so much planning and anticipation goes into this and then a pandemic breaks out.

      I spent all morning trying to find alternatives. I want a backup plan in case this doesn't clear out.
      I agree, If I were getting married later in May I probably would react different, its just a little too close and risky.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ggrimmer
      Does anyone have a back-up plan?
      Yeah if anyone has a back up plan please let me know!!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mummergirl
      oh jenn! i forgot one of our early may brides was pregnant! i don't know what to say ... a lot of this is just sensationalism, but i think if i were pregnant i personally would be afraid of the risk to the baby. even a mild illness in you could be detrimental to your little one's development. the most frustrating thing is there's just no way of knowing for sure whether everything will be ok, and can you take the chance? my heart just aches for you.
      Thanks Lisa, I am just at a loss.....I know and I agree I just would feel terrible putting our unborn baby at risk and my FI and DR think that canceling is the only option at this time because its too soon to know what will happen. I just hope our families will not lose their money that is just another one of the million things on my mind.....We haven't done anything yet we will talk about it again tonight but I doubt anything will change

      #2853 stacey

      stacey

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

        Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

        Oh Jenn, I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. I hope you can work something else out
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

        #2854 Michelle_wht

        Michelle_wht
        • Newbie
        • 7 posts

          Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenn3878
          I agree, If I were getting married later in May I probably would react different, its just a little too close and risky.



          Yeah if anyone has a back up plan please let me know!!



          Thanks Lisa, I am just at a loss.....I know and I agree I just would feel terrible putting our unborn baby at risk and my FI and DR think that canceling is the only option at this time because its too soon to know what will happen. I just hope our families will not lose their money that is just another one of the million things on my mind.....We haven't done anything yet we will talk about it again tonight but I doubt anything will change

          Hi There,

          Since they have issued a travel advisory you can move the wedding (or get a full refund) with your travel agent and not go to Mexico. I am getting married in June 3rd and planning a back up in another country to be safe.

          As long as there is a travel advisory you are protected and can change your location.

          Hope this helps!

          #2855 cancunbride

          cancunbride
          • Member
          • 531 posts

            Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

            Here is an email from Claudia everyone.....


            Dear Silvia

            We understand your worries about traveling to Cancun. We are operating in a normal basis, last weekend we had 5 weddings, we have 2 today, 1 on Thursday, 2 on Friday. Why don't you wait a couple of days more so you can take a decision.

            An option could be to move your ceremony date to another optional date or you can check availability at Punta Cana in Dominican Republic, to ease your stress.

            Hotel is operating normal, yes we have received cancellations of course, all the employees are working, etc, and there are no illness people here.

            #2856 bbpacco

            bbpacco
            • Newbie
            • 146 posts

              Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by cancunbride
              Here is an email from Claudia everyone.....


              Dear Silvia

              We understand your worries about traveling to Cancun. We are operating in a normal basis, last weekend we had 5 weddings, we have 2 today, 1 on Thursday, 2 on Friday. Why don't you wait a couple of days more so you can take a decision.

              An option could be to move your ceremony date to another optional date or you can check availability at Punta Cana in Dominican Republic, to ease your stress.

              Hotel is operating normal, yes we have received cancellations of course, all the employees are working, etc, and there are no illness people here.
              Thanks for the post Silvia!

              I chose Dreams Cancun for the gazebo, Punta Cana is pretty but more grand & classic looking which I am not that into. However, if my guests are really worry, I think that would be the backup plan...

              However, those guests who didn't book through TA, might be in trouble, right?

              #2857 cougs

              cougs

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

                Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

                thanks for posting claudia's letter ... does that mean if you moved to DR they would honor your wedding deposit at that resort? i would think so, considering they are owned by the same company. however i noticed she didn't make a single peep about any kind of refund, lol. figures.

                #2858 Hartyt509

                Hartyt509
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,262 posts

                  Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by skye15
                  This is so awful (swine flu). I am suppose to be flying out from the UK on the 23rd June. It does not seem very hopeful. They have already started cancelling the flights from here today!!!!

                  I am not sure what to do, whether to contact the tour operator and see what the options are. Do we just cancel wedding or do we change destination? What is everyone else planning doing??

                  What a nightmare this is all becoming!!!!!

                  Tracy xx

                  Tracy you might be ok but i'm fucked I think - they've cancelled all flights to the 8th and then they will refund or move about. I leave on the 11th but they won't give me an answer about whether they are going to cancel or not so basically I'm stuck. FI and I need to get married before he goes to Afghanistan which is now beginning of June and I wouldn't care but the bloody army gave him special leave for this fucking thing!! arggg

                  My TA's are useless and I swear if they say to me again you aren't a priority i'm going through the phone and punching the bitch senseless!!
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mummergirl
                  thanks for posting claudia's letter ... does that mean if you moved to DR they would honor your wedding deposit at that resort? i would think so, considering they are owned by the same company. however i noticed she didn't make a single peep about any kind of refund, lol. figures.
                  Yeah I looked at that 2 but I think you need to be there a good while before or have your paperwork in before you go so it might not be possible.

                  I envy you in the US if I could GET a fucking flight i'd go lol cause like Lisa said those pig fuckers wouldn't beat me lol

                  #2859 cougs

                  cougs

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

                    Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

                    this from the amresorts site:

                    Zo«try Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets and Dreams Resorts & Spas continue to remain open and welcome guests at this time. In light of the current threat of influenza in Mexico, our primary focus continues to be the health and safety of our guests. As a result, we are taking and will continue to take heightened measures to ensure a high level of sanitation at all times.

                    As we understand some travelers may not want to travel at this time, we have implemented two alternative options for direct reservations:

                    Reservations made at a Zo«try Wellness & Spa Resort, Secrets or Dreams Resorts & Spas in Mexico for travel through May 16, 2009 can be changed to a Dreams Resort & Spa in the Dominican Republic in the same room category or higher for the originally scheduled dates, based on availability.

                    Reservations made at a Zo«try Wellness & Spa Resort, Secrets or Dreams Resorts & Spas in Mexico for travel through May 16, 2009 can be postponed at the same property for future travel dates through December 15, 2009 in the same room category or above, based on availability.
                    For guests still wishing to cancel their reservation, our standard cancellation policy continues to apply.

                    For additional information and/or questions, please contact info@zoetryresorts.com, info@secretsresorts.com or info@dreamsresorts.com.



                    Sincerely,

                    Guest Services
                    Zo«try Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets and Dreams Resorts & Spas

                    #2860 rabutler816

                    rabutler816
                    • Newbie
                    • 43 posts

                      Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

                      I sent this email to all of the guests we invited to our wedding. I know you may want to change the dates or info but just in case anyone is looing for HOW to keep their guests updated to know that we are not ignoring it, monitoring it but it is still planned as usual..

                      I know it may not help those with wedding coming up very soon and my heart goes out to you. I hope it helps some of you...
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Good Afternoon, This message is to advise our family and friends, booked wedding guests and tentative wedding guests that we are ACTIVELY working with our travel coordinator, the centers for disease control and the national government travel advisory in regards to the known Swine Flu which is going around in Mexico and the US. The Swine flu is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by a type A influenza virus that regularly causes outbreaks of influenza among pigs. Swine flu viruses do not normally infect humans; however, human infections with swine flu do occur. Public health officials have determined that this strain of swine flu virus spreads from human to human and can cause illness. The main effected area originated in Mexico City. We have been advised that it is EXPECTED for this disease to be under control by May and the travel advisory is set to be lifted at that time HOWEVER we are continuing to read, monitor and get updates from our dedicated travel agent and the Mexico and US government. Our wedding day is over 3 and a half months away and even though it is a day that we are looking forward to by NO MEANS will we jeopardize ANYONE'S health or comprimise anyone's well being in order to do so. If there is ANY harm or if the symptoms are still alive and well in August we definitely will re-access the situation. As of now EVERYTHING IS STILL SET TO HAVE A SAFE DESTINATION WEDDING ON AUGUST 16TH. IF any changes arise that may cause any, harm or possible danger, YOU WILL BE UPDATED and addressed. Our hearts go out to the people and families who have been affected with this horrible illness. We pray that this is contained suit NOT FOR OUR WEDDING but for the well-being of EVERYONE in Mexico and the US. Please feel free to contact us if YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS. We appreciate your support and patience and hope to see you in August for a SAFE AND ENJOYABLE TIME IN CANCUN. MX. We also have been in contact with the resort itself in which, they have stated there have been no problems, outbreaks or issues within their immediate area. However, we will definitely CONTINUE to ensure that this is 100% accurate as the time draws near, hearing and praying that in August this will be an issue of the past. Love, Reginald & Adrienne
                      MRS. BUTLER

                      DREAMS ROCKS!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users