Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2821 Kate82

Kate82
  • Newbie
  • 47 posts

    Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mummergirl
    just wanted to share what i'm using for my "guest book" ... i rounded up a bunch of generic photos of cancun and of the resort and made an 8x8 photo book on shutterfly. the guests can sign in the margins around the pics, sort of like how you'd sign someone's school yearbook. i figure i only have around 30 people, so they don't need a lot of room to sign. i mostly wanted to do this to check out the quality of shutterfly's books for when i do my wedding album and gift albums for parents, etc. i think it cost about $25. haven't received it yet.

    anyway, here it is (let me know if this doesn't work): http://share.shutter....0IZtWzhy5asnIA

    if anyone wants this for themselves, i'd be happy to share and then you could
    just change the cover and title page to suit your wedding and be done with it, lol!
    Wow! this is really nice! I love your idea! Let me know how the quality is when you receive it.

    #2822 rabutler816

    rabutler816
    • Newbie
    • 43 posts

      Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

      wow, That is sooo beautiful! I LOVEEEEEEE SHUTTERFLY. I was doing the same thing but we were using our engagement photos. I think we use some cancun photos also! Great idea. Thanks for Sharing!! :)
      MRS. BUTLER

      DREAMS ROCKS!!!

      #2823 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

        the book came today, and i have to say i love the quality! the pages are nice and thick, the images are bright and clear. now i can't wait to make our wedding album and gift albums for our parents! i only wish the book was a few more pages ... it seems kinda short, but there should be plenty of room for just 32 people to sign ... not everyone writes a book like i do, lol.

        rabutler, i would have liked to use photos of us in there too, but i just don't have many good ones. we never got e-pics taken or anything.

        nicki, i was thinking i could just somehow share the book and then you girls could edit the few pages you need to, but i'm not sure if that's actually possible? anyway, not sure if you meant steal the "idea" or the "actual book design," but all ideas are stolen LOL ... i've seen this done before with pics of the couple, like rabutler is doing, so i'm not original at all ... just came up with an alternative. if you really want these images, maybe i can burn them to a disc and send them to you? you have plenty of time before your wedding!

        #2824 nickicolb123

        nickicolb123
        • Newbie
        • 137 posts

          Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          the book came today, and i have to say i love the quality! the pages are nice and thick, the images are bright and clear. now i can't wait to make our wedding album and gift albums for our parents! i only wish the book was a few more pages ... it seems kinda short, but there should be plenty of room for just 32 people to sign ... not everyone writes a book like i do, lol.

          rabutler, i would have liked to use photos of us in there too, but i just don't have many good ones. we never got e-pics taken or anything.

          nicki, i was thinking i could just somehow share the book and then you girls could edit the few pages you need to, but i'm not sure if that's actually possible? anyway, not sure if you meant steal the "idea" or the "actual book design," but all ideas are stolen LOL ... i've seen this done before with pics of the couple, like rabutler is doing, so i'm not original at all ... just came up with an alternative. if you really want these images, maybe i can burn them to a disc and send them to you? you have plenty of time before your wedding!

          Yeah i've got so much time to figure everything out. But, I was able to open your book and make changes, it was really easy. I know what you mean about stealing ideas. I seem to be picking and choosing from so many different sources. All of the images were there and I was able to add some of my own. Thanks for the work that you put in. It must have taken awhile to collect all of your photos

          #2825 **~Jenn~**

          **~Jenn~**
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,236 posts

            Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            the book came today, and i have to say i love the quality! the pages are nice and thick, the images are bright and clear. now i can't wait to make our wedding album and gift albums for our parents! i only wish the book was a few more pages ... it seems kinda short, but there should be plenty of room for just 32 people to sign ... not everyone writes a book like i do, lol.

            rabutler, i would have liked to use photos of us in there too, but i just don't have many good ones. we never got e-pics taken or anything.

            nicki, i was thinking i could just somehow share the book and then you girls could edit the few pages you need to, but i'm not sure if that's actually possible? anyway, not sure if you meant steal the "idea" or the "actual book design," but all ideas are stolen LOL ... i've seen this done before with pics of the couple, like rabutler is doing, so i'm not original at all ... just came up with an alternative. if you really want these images, maybe i can burn them to a disc and send them to you? you have plenty of time before your wedding!
            Nice! I'm glad to hear you like the book and it's looks good :-) It sounds perfect for a guest book.

            Lisa, I wanted to ask you...Did you do a Pre-Wedding Brochure??
            I am so lost :-( I really want to do one..but i get so overwhelmed when it comes to gathering all of the info for Cancun & Dreams. I thought if you made one, I could copy..LOL I am horrible .
            I was suppose to do all my Vista Print projects today and bailed on it. I got so overwhelmed..This Wedding has left me with little patience these days:-)
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

            #2826 cougs

            cougs

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

              Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by nickicolb123
              But, I was able to open your book and make changes, it was really easy. I know what you mean about stealing ideas. I seem to be picking and choosing from so many different sources. All of the images were there and I was able to add some of my own. Thanks for the work that you put in. It must have taken awhile to collect all of your photos
              oh that's great! i wasn't sure if it could work that way ... so glad it did! figured if it worked it would save my dreams girls a little time.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
              Did you do a Pre-Wedding Brochure??
              I am so lost :-( I really want to do one..but i get so overwhelmed when it comes to gathering all of the info for Cancun & Dreams. I thought if you made one, I could copy..LOL I am horrible. I was suppose to do all my Vista Print projects today and bailed on it. I got so overwhelmed..This Wedding has left me with little patience these days:-)
              no i haven't done a pre-wedding brochure. i do "plan" on making a welcome brochure to put in the OOT bags, but we'll see how that goes ... i'll probably get lazy and bail on that too like half the other crap i "planned" on doing, LOL.

              #2827 mc5363

              mc5363
              • Jr. Member
              • 315 posts

                Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
                Nice! I'm glad to hear you like the book and it's looks good :-) It sounds perfect for a guest book.

                Lisa, I wanted to ask you...Did you do a Pre-Wedding Brochure??
                I am so lost :-( I really want to do one..but i get so overwhelmed when it comes to gathering all of the info for Cancun & Dreams. I thought if you made one, I could copy..LOL I am horrible .
                I was suppose to do all my Vista Print projects today and bailed on it. I got so overwhelmed..This Wedding has left me with little patience these days:-)
                I started making a brichure to put in the OOT bags. I would be happy to share it if you'd like.

                #2828 destination

                destination
                • Jr. Member
                • 215 posts

                  Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kcarnes1108
                  Well i wanted to say we are leaving on April 30th for our May 2nd wedding and have not heard back from Claudia since late Feb. We have decided not to give a care anymore and sort out everything when we get there. Afterall the real reason we are going is for LOVE and everything will fall into place as it is meant to be when we arrive. Good luck to all!
                  Have fun! I am sure it will be beautiful and everything you dreamed (pun kind of intended). Don't forget about us when yoiu get back; we're all dying to know how it goes.

                  #2829 destination

                  destination
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 215 posts

                    Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mummergirl
                    just wanted to share what i'm using for my "guest book" ... i rounded up a bunch of generic photos of cancun and of the resort and made an 8x8 photo book on shutterfly. the guests can sign in the margins around the pics, sort of like how you'd sign someone's school yearbook. i figure i only have around 30 people, so they don't need a lot of room to sign. i mostly wanted to do this to check out the quality of shutterfly's books for when i do my wedding album and gift albums for parents, etc. i think it cost about $25. haven't received it yet.

                    anyway, here it is (let me know if this doesn't work): http://share.shutter....0IZtWzhy5asnIA

                    if anyone wants this for themselves, i'd be happy to share and then you could just change the cover and title page to suit your wedding and be done with it, lol!
                    Wow, what a great idea; I still haven't decided on a guest book, but yours is really cool. Wish I had ONE creative bone in my body; I was blessed with NONE. Lucky you!!

                    #2830 mc5363

                    mc5363
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 315 posts

                      Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

                      I saw one of those books on Kodakgallery too and it looked awesome! The girl who made it put a bunch of different pictures of her and her fiancee. She only put pictures on every other page and left a blank one for people to sign. I was thinking of doing that since my FI and I have been together since high school. i thought people would get a kick out of it.

                      My friend recently attended a wedding where they used polaroid pictures for their guest book. Each person/couple took a polaroid of themselves and taped it into the book and wrote a message to the couple. She said it was adorable!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users