Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2741 kiki317

kiki317
  • Jr. Member
  • 162 posts

    Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mc5363
    So I decided to surprise my hubby to be with a private dinner for two a coupel days after we get married. I am having it set up in the hut by the lighthouse and just got the menus the other day. If anyone wants to see them, let me know.
    Awesome! Yeah i'd love the info- can you PM me? also- what's the cost for that? thanks hun!

    #2742 *JillD*

    *JillD*
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,112 posts

      Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bbpacco
      Jill, was your ipod docking loud enough to entertain the party? I am kinda thinking to take my iphone with me, yet not sure if there's any docking system out there plays with it, need a little research on that.

      Is there any reason why you girls not willing to use credit card to pay the balance I don't wanna carry any cash or debit card with me but credit card.
      Yes, it was plenty loud enough for us.

      We don't use credit cards and I didn't want to use our debit card, that's why we brough travelers checks.

      #2743 kcarnes1108

      kcarnes1108
      • Newbie
      • 18 posts

        Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

        Oh yeah, well we leave on April 30th for our May 2nd wedding and have still not heard from Claudia since Feb, dunno if I should keep emailing or just wait and talk to her about negotiations and everything else when we land?

        #2744 cancunbride

        cancunbride
        • Member
        • 531 posts

          Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Jill
          Yes, we used a docking station instead. We had about 25 people and I thought it seemed silly to have a DJ and we didn't want to pay for the sound system when we could buy a docking station and have it forever. It worked great, I setup playlists for each part of the wedding and our friends helped out with pausing it during speeches or switching the playlists during the ceremony, etc...



          we originally wanted the bose one, but bought the altec lansing one because we thought it had a mic jack, but we were wrong. Ours worked great and everything but I would have rather bought the bose one, how do you like yours? I broke a piece on the one we have now, it still works, but eventually I want to buy a new one and thats the one I want.



          The discount is only for new bookings. It's worth a shot if you already have him booked, but Claudia told me specifically, just new bookings.



          We took travelers checks, I didn't want to take a lot of cash either. I also didn't want to use my debit card to pay the balance of the wedding because our daily limit is low and it would have been a pain in the butt!


          Hi girls,

          I emailed Claudia and said she would honor the 30% discount to all BDW getting married starting June

          #2745 cancunbride

          cancunbride
          • Member
          • 531 posts

            Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by kiki317
            Awesome! Yeah i'd love the info- can you PM me? also- what's the cost for that? thanks hun!

            Awww, I would love the info also!!! Can you please PM me the info.

            Thanks

            #2746 sunitam

            sunitam
            • Newbie
            • 124 posts

              Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by mc5363
              So I decided to surprise my hubby to be with a private dinner for two a coupel days after we get married. I am having it set up in the hut by the lighthouse and just got the menus the other day. If anyone wants to see them, let me know.
              lol could you pm me the menus and cost too please? thanks!

              #2747 cougs

              cougs

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

                Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

                why don't you post those menus and pricing as an attachment so you don't have to PM it to *everyone* LOL! we are greedy lil buggers, aren't we? every time we see or hear of something new, we all HAVE TO HAVE IT! LMAO

                i made my wedding hair appt (and one for my mom at the same time), and i've emailed to set the appt for our couple's massage for the day *after* the wedding ... i figured we'd NEED it then after all that partying ... i was sure to ask for late afternoon (3pm), LOL! also trying to find out from claudia if she'll let us do the buffet with 33 people (you're supposed to have 40). it's too hard to pick one thing for everyone when there are so many allergies, vegetarians, and just plain picky eaters. hopefully she'll let us so there's at least a choice to be had! i'll let you ladies know what she says.

                #2748 destination

                destination
                • Jr. Member
                • 215 posts

                  Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TA Jill
                  Yes, we used a docking station instead. We had about 25 people and I thought it seemed silly to have a DJ and we didn't want to pay for the sound system when we could buy a docking station and have it forever. It worked great, I setup playlists for each part of the wedding and our friends helped out with pausing it during speeches or switching the playlists during the ceremony, etc...



                  we originally wanted the bose one, but bought the altec lansing one because we thought it had a mic jack, but we were wrong. Ours worked great and everything but I would have rather bought the bose one, how do you like yours? I broke a piece on the one we have now, it still works, but eventually I want to buy a new one and thats the one I want.
                  Thanks ladies! I wont waste the money on the sound system or dj then. Did you get the sound system for the ceremony though? Now I just have to talk my FH into hunting down a bose docking station.

                  #2749 destination

                  destination
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 215 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mummergirl
                    the bose portable docking station is great. the sound quality is really good--loud and clear. we have family that use theirs for all their parties (huge outdoor bbqs even, and it's always plenty loud enough). it comes with a remote for volume and skipping songs (wish there was a screen on the remote to move between playlists or see the song list tho ... that would make it GREAT). really the only issue is you can't use a mic.
                    .
                    Too bad about the mic; I guess we'll just have to round up a megaphone!

                    Has anyone done the legal ceremony or know where I can get an idea of what it says? I feel like you are all so on top of things and I am procrastinating! 2 months to go and nothing planned...

                    #2750 *JillD*

                    *JillD*
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,112 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by destination
                      Thanks ladies! I wont waste the money on the sound system or dj then. Did you get the sound system for the ceremony though? Now I just have to talk my FH into hunting down a bose docking station.
                      I didn't get the sound system for the ceremony, we used the docking station for that too, my brother ran it for me.

                      But, I'm also not sure how good everyone could hear what was being said. The officiant did wear a mic, so you could hear him perfectly on our video. But with the wind, I'm not sure how good our guests could hear.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users