Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2481 lanalovesyou

lanalovesyou
  • Newbie
  • 52 posts

    Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ggrimmer
    Does anyone know when you need to tell them your menu choices?

    I picked out my menu choices when I got there...they only need like 2 days in advance! ... I wouldnt worry about it until you get there! =))

    #2482 bbpacco

    bbpacco
    • Newbie
    • 146 posts

      Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lanalovesyou
      I picked out my menu choices when I got there...they only need like 2 days in advance! ... I wouldnt worry about it until you get there! =))
      Lana, thanks for the info.
      Curious, so did you print out any menu for your guest ahead of time?

      Also, did you bring your own music for ceremony??


      Has anyone hear back from the WC at all these 2 weeks? I sent an email asking them in photography credit for ceremony sound system, 3 weeks, never heard back from them at all after Gaby is gone...

      #2483 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by lanalovesyou
        You can go to Azucar every single night and get two complimentary drinks...to tell you the truth they barely ever write down how many drinks you have anyways. Its a nice little bar for sure but not many people go there for some reason!
        probably because they can get unlimited free drinks at the resort!

        i think we'll want to go for karaoke night there ... we will have to pre-game the drinking at the resort first though because 2 drinks isn't quite enough to get any of us to sing in public! LOL

        #2484 Hartyt509

        Hartyt509
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,262 posts

          Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          i just got my stuff together to send my birth certificate for apostille. originally my TA said claudia said original birth certificate was fine, but i don't think claudia understood her. i wrote to claudia asking if we needed the apostille, OR just our original birth certificates, and her answer was "yes, please." it wasn't a yes/no question! so we're getting our apostilles to be safe! also, i had no idea we were supposed to send copies of all our paperwork a month in advance until someone posted about it on here ... when was claudia gonna tell me that, when it was too late?

          all you ladies doing symbolic ceremonies have it so good ... i envy you!
          You are joking! I specifically asked her that and she said it was fine - I swear to freaking hell I'm gonna knack her lol I've sent ANOTHER email asking her if she needs the stuff before we get there lol There again not sure I care at the mo lol I can't even decide whether I want to do it anymore lol

          #2485 lanalovesyou

          lanalovesyou
          • Newbie
          • 52 posts

            Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bbpacco
            Lana, thanks for the info.
            Curious, so did you print out any menu for your guest ahead of time?

            Also, did you bring your own music for ceremony??


            Has anyone hear back from the WC at all these 2 weeks? I sent an email asking them in photography credit for ceremony sound system, 3 weeks, never heard back from them at all after Gaby is gone...
            I remember during my 'planning proccess' I printed off menues but at the end of it all I just chose the menu when I got there.... I didn't show it to my guests as I pretty much knew what everyone would like... the food was great, i do reccommend scallops for the appy, steak with mushrooms for the main course the Bella Alaska for the dessert, all three of those were such a hit with everyone!

            I did bring my own music..we brought our own IPOD with different lists like Ceremony, Coctail Hour, Reception, First Dance etc etc..the music guy they provide you with is great! He'll be on top of it all...


            #2486 SIMBASIM

            SIMBASIM
            • Jr. Member
            • 466 posts

              Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lanalovesyou
              I remember during my 'planning proccess' I printed off menues but at the end of it all I just chose the menu when I got there.... I didn't show it to my guests as I pretty much knew what everyone would like... the food was great, i do reccommend scallops for the appy, steak with mushrooms for the main course the Bella Alaska for the dessert, all three of those were such a hit with everyone!

              I did bring my own music..we brought our own IPOD with different lists like Ceremony, Coctail Hour, Reception, First Dance etc etc..the music guy they provide you with is great! He'll be on top of it all...
              So you did not use the DJ The music guy came with the sound system??

              #2487 Michelle613

              Michelle613
              • Jr. Member
              • 331 posts

                Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

                Has anyone used Michael Maurus? or Martha Roque or Vanessa Vargas? I know I have over a year until my wedding but I want to find the perfect photographer for the perfect price and have him/her available on my day. Please help! There are tons of forums on photographers but none of this is actually helping!!
                Michelle & Arsen
                Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

                #2488 Michelle613

                Michelle613
                • Jr. Member
                • 331 posts

                  Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

                  And for the third timee- who has gotten the lighted dance floor and how much did it end up costing?
                  Michelle & Arsen
                  Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

                  #2489 cougs

                  cougs

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

                    Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Michelle613
                    And for the third timee- who has gotten the lighted dance floor and how much did it end up costing?
                    not using a dj (we're using our ipod and docking station) but you can probably find your answer in this thread:
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16299

                    #2490 cougs

                    cougs

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

                      Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Michelle613
                      Has anyone used Michael Maurus? or Martha Roque or Vanessa Vargas? I know I have over a year until my wedding but I want to find the perfect photographer for the perfect price and have him/her available on my day. Please help! There are tons of forums on photographers but none of this is actually helping!!
                      harty will be using martha roque in may and can give you insight then. haven't heard of anyone at dreams using vanessa vargas. you can try going to the photographers' websites to view their work, and if they have comments/user reviews on their sites you can try contacting the people who left the comments. that's what i did for juan navarro (the resort photographer) to see more of his work and get a better idea of whether i wanted to hire someone else (i ended up hiring moments that matter). most people have used claudia rodriguez or someone from her team. just fyi, a lot of photographers may not have their 2010 prices out yet. settle down ... you have plenty of time still and the heavier wedding season is ramping up so you should be able to see plenty more examples soon to make your choice easier.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users