Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2311 CanadaBride

CanadaBride
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JoannaR
    I did not know that in the package Juan only stays for the ceremony! That is such a waste. This means I must def. get another photagrapher lined up if thats the case. WOW what a rip off... I am so tempted to cancel eveyrthing else and just have the ceremony there and head over to a local restuarant like you ladies. They are such criminals with all the money we pay for our wedding, on top of what our guests pay to stay in the hotel UUGGHHH I have a friend who is getting married at the Paradisus and her WC is sooo on point. You wouldnt beleive it!! She has everything taken care of, they offer all sorts of pictures, packages, she responds back within the hour its AMAZING. I am so down on Dreams.
    I wanted to get another photographer too, because I figure if I am spending an extra $1000 for him to stay the whole time I may as well get someone who is truly talented.. I am so choked though, I emailed Gabriela back to confirm if I switched my package from the Ultimate to the Dreams of Love, what I could subsitute for the photographer.. but she has ignored me now for a week! Before that, she was answering all my questions within the day! I had been so impressed with their service! I don't want to just book a photographer and find out what she for some reason won't let me.. so frustrating!!

    #2312 stacey

    stacey

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

      Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

      Joanna,

      I understand your frustration. However you need to understand that these two WC's get hundreds of emails every day. They are very very busy. Keep in Mind that there are weddings every day and often times more than one, and they make them selves available during the whole wedding. When You get there I can gaurentee that everything will go smoothly. Wrting nasty emails will get you know where.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

      #2313 Michelle613

      Michelle613
      • Jr. Member
      • 331 posts

        Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mummergirl
        the resort photographer is juan navarro:
        Juan Navarro ... Photographer

        a lot of us just aren't *totally* thrilled by his photos, mostly because we've seen what other photographers can do from so many stunning photographs on this forum! and when you consider that not everyone will be able to make it to your wedding, the photos are *really* extra-important! also, what is included in the package is only 1 hour of juan's services (basically just the ceremony) and something like 36 pics i think? if you want more time/pics, you have to pay extra. stacey (a recent bride) paid for him to be there for reception and everything, and it ran her about $1200 (on top of her package). seems like if you're spending that much, you might as well hire claudia rodriguez or someone from her team (the only "approved" photographer who doesn't require a day pass), or one of the many other talented photographers who serve cancun (we hired moments that matter).

        from what i'm told, you don't need any proof of your legal wedding in order to have a symbolic one at dreams.
        Mummergirl, thanks so much! Hiring an outside photographer does make a lot of sense. I'm going to look into all of the photographers recommended in this forum. You're response was very helpful <3
        Michelle & Arsen
        Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

        #2314 cougs

        cougs

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

          Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CanadaBride
          I wanted to get another photographer too, because I figure if I am spending an extra $1000 for him to stay the whole time I may as well get someone who is truly talented.. I am so choked though, I emailed Gabriela back to confirm if I switched my package from the Ultimate to the Dreams of Love, what I could subsitute for the photographer.. but she has ignored me now for a week! Before that, she was answering all my questions within the day! I had been so impressed with their service! I don't want to just book a photographer and find out what she for some reason won't let me.. so frustrating!!
          ladies ... everyone take a second to breathe ...

          the WCs are sometimes completely swamped. i have gotten a response back from claudia within an hour before, but other times it has taken her almost a MONTH. it just depends on how busy they happen to be at the time i guess. it does get frustrating, but know that everything will fall into place. the girls who have already been married at dreams all say the same thing: they wish they hadn't let themselves get so upset or stressed during planning, once they saw that they were able to sort everything out in person in under an hour, and their weddings ended up just perfect. that said, i found i often got faster response if i had my travel agent contact her.

          with the ultimate package, claudia told me i could only swap photographer for gazebo decor or longer video (however other people have been told they could have the sound system, which is what i wanted as credit). i would imagine you'll get even less of a credit with the lower package. if i were you i'd just book the other photographer. you'll get *something* for not using juan, even if it's only recouping your day pass fees for whomever you do hire.

          #2315 zorlack76

          zorlack76
          • Jr. Member
          • 259 posts

            Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            ladies ... everyone take a second to breathe ...

            the WCs are sometimes completely swamped. i have gotten a response back from claudia within an hour before, but other times it has taken her almost a MONTH. it just depends on how busy they happen to be at the time i guess. it does get frustrating, but know that everything will fall into place. the girls who have already been married at dreams all say the same thing: they wish they hadn't let themselves get so upset or stressed during planning, once they saw that they were able to sort everything out in person in under an hour, and their weddings ended up just perfect. that said, i found i often got faster response if i had my travel agent contact her.

            with the ultimate package, claudia told me i could only swap photographer for gazebo decor or longer video (however other people have been told they could have the sound system, which is what i wanted as credit). i would imagine you'll get even less of a credit with the lower package. if i were you i'd just book the other photographer. you'll get *something* for not using juan, even if it's only recouping your day pass fees for whomever you do hire.
            Yeah, Gaby allowed us to trade the photographer for the sound system for the ceremony only. I couldnt get credit anywhere else on the package. You really dont get the full value when you trade services but it is one less thing you have to worry about!!

            #2316 sunitam

            sunitam
            • Newbie
            • 124 posts

              Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by zorlack76
              Yeah, Gaby allowed us to trade the photographer for the sound system for the ceremony only. I couldnt get credit anywhere else on the package. You really dont get the full value when you trade services but it is one less thing you have to worry about!!
              hmm I got the 'Dreams of Love' package and told Gaby I was going to hire my own photographer and didnt want to use Juan so she gave me pretty much the full credit for him...he was around 380 bucks for that package and I put that credit towards using the sound system at the reception for 2 hours which is 360 bucks..

              #2317 nickicolb123

              nickicolb123
              • Newbie
              • 137 posts

                Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Michelle613
                ohh and i see that some of you have june weddings..i'm soooo excited to hear how the weather and everything is in june.. i'll be waiting for your feedback lol.. i wish my wedding was this year.. online i found that the sunset should be at 730 in june so i made cocktail for 6, ceremony for 7 ... and suggestions? I'm like ramblinggg but im just super nervouss.. its nervewrecking to plan something a gazillion miles away!
                Hey Michelle, I am getting married the day before you at dreams cancun. I was really nervous, but i found that the more research I do the better i feel. The reviews and pics on here do so much to relieve my nerves.

                #2318 SIMBASIM

                SIMBASIM
                • Jr. Member
                • 466 posts

                  Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JoannaR
                  How much do you have to pay to keep him longer if you dont mind me asking? even though whatever you paid probably went up Do you have your pictures posted up here i would love to see them. Thanks so much for hearing my rants..lol
                  There is a whole list of different packages depending on how much time you want with him. I know there was one posted on the forum. I do have a copy of it if you need it. Just PM me or email me... simbasim1998@yahoo.com

                  Lastly, the packages are made of various services for "simple" destination weddings/ceremonies. Likely, the photographer is only scheduled during ceremony because this is all that is needed for these simple weddings. I have had some great response times from Claudia and some bad response times all in all most of my questions and concerns have been answered or addressed. I used to get frustrated but most of the reviews that I have read state that most things are resolved once you arrive in Cancun.

                  #2319 Tony&Jessica

                  Tony&Jessica
                  • Newbie
                  • 20 posts

                    Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

                    Hey girls,

                    I'm never here...but I just got this from Gaby after I tried to check in with her about some things and wanted to let everyone know:

                    Unfortunately I’m not going to be longer with the company they think that I’m not good here so this Monday you are going got have another wedding planner I’m not going to be working here anymore L

                    It was a pleasure to work with you J

                    Gabriela de Freitas



                    So...of course...I panicked and sent an e-mail to Claudia and got this in response:

                    Dear Jessica:

                    Your wedding is scheduled with us on the date you asked Gaby, next week you will be informed who will be your wedding coordinator

                    Thank you

                    Claudia Cantillo.

                    #2320 stacey

                    stacey

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

                      Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

                      Jessica, the same thing happend a few months before my wedding. I think that the Dreams over works their WC and they just cant handle the stress. However Claudia knows what she is doing, and I have faith that everything will be fine for all of your weddings. I know its easier said than done, but try not to stress to much.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users