Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2231 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kat81
    Marie, if that is all you want it for I would put a camcorder in someones hands and then show it to her. You could buy a camcorder for a lot cheaper than that! Hey that could be my job while I am there lol
    Lol I need witnesses so you're on lol

#2232 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
    • 466 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by skye15
      Hi Jen I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope your day is just wonderful. I will be arriving on the 24th June so I will probably miss you. Tracy
      AWEE..Thanks. Yes we will miss each other. I am leaving on the 14th to LA for my honeymoon. From what I read, everything always seems to work out with a few minor set backs. Your day will be wonderful too!!

#2233 Michelle613

Michelle613
      • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

heyy everyone!! I'm having my wedding at Dreams June 12, 2010. Does anyone know how it works if its more than 40 ppl? Like is there a bigger variety of food in a buffet or is there one appetizer, one entree, and everyone has to pour themselves soup? I'm really scared that it wont be as elegant and theres no way to cut the list down...my mom is inviting EVERYONE! Can someone please give me some feedback?
        Michelle & Arsen
        Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#2234 Michelle613

Michelle613
        • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:18 AM

ohh and i see that some of you have june weddings..i'm soooo excited to hear how the weather and everything is in june.. i'll be waiting for your feedback lol.. i wish my wedding was this year.. online i found that the sunset should be at 730 in june so i made cocktail for 6, ceremony for 7 ... and suggestions? I'm like ramblinggg but im just super nervouss.. its nervewrecking to plan something a gazillion miles away!
          Michelle & Arsen
          Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#2235 kiki317

kiki317
          • 162 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

Michelle- Welcome and congratulations!!

I'm getting married at Dreams Cancun in May (so i dont' really have any answers for you) but one thing i've learned in planning all of this is don't be nervous! I'm sure there are going to be minor glitches and little problems and things you can't control so why stress! just go with the flow and enjoy!
            good luck with all of your planning!

#2236 cancunbride

cancunbride
            • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

Did anyone on here who hired Mannia DJ... did u give him a list of songs? And how many songs do I need to find for the entrance, exit, father dance... any help will do.

#2237 destination

destination
              • 215 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Michelle613
                ohh and i see that some of you have june weddings..i'm soooo excited to hear how the weather and everything is in june.. i'll be waiting for your feedback lol.. i wish my wedding was this year.. online i found that the sunset should be at 730 in june so i made cocktail for 6, ceremony for 7 ... and suggestions? I'm like ramblinggg but im just super nervouss.. its nervewrecking to plan something a gazillion miles away!
                Here is a suggestion: BREATHE! LOL, ok now, read this whole thread from the beginning. It wil take you forever, but it will tell you what you are dying to know and some things you didn't even think of yet. Then be calm and let the people at dreams do what they do. I am also a June bride (2009) with a 7:00 ceremony and never thought of doing cocktails before, so thanks for that one! Good luck planning and welcome!

#2238 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Cancun Bride. I hired DJ Mannia and love him. But here is the deal. We were totally worried about his songs so we downloaded hours of music on our Ipod. We broke into eating songs, mingling sons. father daughter dance, etc and dancing songs. He played our dinner songs and my father daughter dancing songs, and then he totally played his own songs for the dancing. BUT..... his songs were perfect!!! Everyone loved it.
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2239 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Michelle613
                    heyy everyone!! I'm having my wedding at Dreams June 12, 2010. Does anyone know how it works if its more than 40 ppl? Like is there a bigger variety of food in a buffet or is there one appetizer, one entree, and everyone has to pour themselves soup? I'm really scared that it wont be as elegant and theres no way to cut the list down...my mom is inviting EVERYONE! Can someone please give me some feedback?
                    you can pick several options for the buffet

#2240 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                    • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

How are the nights, Weather Wise, in June??
                      I would LOVE to order Pashminas...And I still may..But I am just wondering if it
                      even gets cool on June nights :-)
                      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users