Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1931 dancingdolphin

dancingdolphin
  • Newbie
  • 105 posts

    Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kat81
    I don't know if they would do this or not because they already have a Yoga class every morning at about 9?? in the Gazebo.
    Do you recall what other types of classes they had?

    #1932 cougs

    cougs

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

      Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dancingdolphin
      It's not like she would even respond before I get there anyways!!!
      LMAO ... so true! i'm excited for you! your wedding is so close!

      #1933 SIMBASIM

      SIMBASIM
      • Jr. Member
      • 466 posts

        Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dancingdolphin
        I'm so glad Mummergirl posted the link for the pictures from Juan. THANK YOU! I must admit, this wedding is costing more than anticipated and I thought, how bad could the photographer be - it is a beautiful place and I've taken a photography class and even with basic training, can take pretty good pictures. So, I was going to chance it and use the resort photographer.

        However, after seeing the pics and showing them to FI, I wasn't very impressed. They just seemed OK (won't tell you what FI thought of them). Anyways, yesterday, with just 8 days before we leave for Cancun, I decided to try to find a photographer. Thanks to everyone who has ever posted about photographers. I sent a bunch of inquiries and ended up booking Agustin Murillo from Cancun Studios (Jill's husband). Jill is going to charm Claudia for me since they've worked together before and I haven't told Claudia my change in plans. It's not like she would even respond before I get there anyways!!!

        Thanks everyone for all your reviews. When I get back, I will post a full review (sorry, probably won't get around to doing a planning thread in the next week).

        On a side note, I can't wait to be in Mexico. I've been SO stressed the last few weeks with last minute details. Unfortunately, that has caused me to eat more lately and break out! Also, the 10 day forecast is showing showers for the next Wed - Fri. I really pray it doesn't rain the entire time we are down there. That will SUCK.
        Good luck with the wedding. i am sure the weather will be fine. The showers are usually brief if any at all. Just concern yourself with things you can control!! Anyway, we will be thinking of you and look forward to your review...

        #1934 Hartyt509

        Hartyt509
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,262 posts

          Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
          Good for you!! Why can't Juan answer his own e-mails?? is he THAT busy?? I find that hard to believe since we have had so much trouble finding people who have used him!
          Hopefully they don't give you trouble with your Photgrapher!! Something tells me you will make them see it your way! hahahaha :-)
          Too right she's got until Friday before I start bugging my TA to sort it lol

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dancingdolphin
          I'm so glad Mummergirl posted the link for the pictures from Juan. THANK YOU! I must admit, this wedding is costing more than anticipated and I thought, how bad could the photographer be - it is a beautiful place and I've taken a photography class and even with basic training, can take pretty good pictures. So, I was going to chance it and use the resort photographer.

          However, after seeing the pics and showing them to FI, I wasn't very impressed. They just seemed OK (won't tell you what FI thought of them). Anyways, yesterday, with just 8 days before we leave for Cancun, I decided to try to find a photographer. Thanks to everyone who has ever posted about photographers. I sent a bunch of inquiries and ended up booking Agustin Murillo from Cancun Studios (Jill's husband). Jill is going to charm Claudia for me since they've worked together before and I haven't told Claudia my change in plans. It's not like she would even respond before I get there anyways!!!

          Thanks everyone for all your reviews. When I get back, I will post a full review (sorry, probably won't get around to doing a planning thread in the next week).

          On a side note, I can't wait to be in Mexico. I've been SO stressed the last few weeks with last minute details. Unfortunately, that has caused me to eat more lately and break out! Also, the 10 day forecast is showing showers for the next Wed - Fri. I really pray it doesn't rain the entire time we are down there. That will SUCK.
          My thoughts exactly!!! Let me know how you get on with the outside photographer you'll probably be back and let me know before Claudia replies lol

          #1935 Samantha S

          Samantha S
          • Jr. Member
          • 369 posts

            Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jhubert
            Hello,
            Does any one know if they have a set up for a picture slide show?
            You can rent a screen and projector and of course they charge an arm and a leg, I can't remember how much though.

            #1936 zorlack76

            zorlack76
            • Jr. Member
            • 259 posts

              Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

              Hey, I dont know if anyone covered this yet, but has anyone tipped the wedding coordinator (Claudia or Gaby?) For those who have not had a wedding there yet, have you thought about tipping them? If so, how much would you recommend. I hate to say this, but the WC's at Dreams Cancun seem more like sales people that you cant get ahold of rather than a WC who is trying to HELP you plan a wedding on a certain budget. Honestly, I was thinking that if they dont negotiate with me at all, then they will get no tip at all. However, if they knock off like $1000 bucks somehow, then the WC may get a nice hefty tip. What do you all think?

              #1937 lucy106

              lucy106
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,880 posts

                Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by zorlack76
                Hey, I dont know if anyone covered this yet, but has anyone tipped the wedding coordinator (Claudia or Gaby?) For those who have not had a wedding there yet, have you thought about tipping them? If so, how much would you recommend. I hate to say this, but the WC's at Dreams Cancun seem more like sales people that you cant get ahold of rather than a WC who is trying to HELP you plan a wedding on a certain budget. Honestly, I was thinking that if they dont negotiate with me at all, then they will get no tip at all. However, if they knock off like $1000 bucks somehow, then the WC may get a nice hefty tip. What do you all think?
                From what I have read on the forum, most WCs do not get paid much at all and are SO overworked and overwhelmed. I have gotten for Gaby a Clinique Happy gift set and then I will probably tip her between $75-$100 depending on how things are once we get there. Hope this helps a little bit.

                #1938 Kat81

                Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

                  Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dancingdolphin
                  Do you recall what other types of classes they had?
                  Here is a list of everything....

                   

                   

                  Attached Files



                  #1939 dancingdolphin

                  dancingdolphin
                  • Newbie
                  • 105 posts

                    Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kat81
                    Here is a list of everything....
                    Thanks so much for sharing!! They have a ton of things to do. I didn't realize it was that much.

                    Also, did you get your makeup done by the spa? Do you know if you need to bring your own makeup or if they have it? My MOH is wondering if she should make sure to bring everything or not.

                    Thanks Again!!

                    #1940 SIMBASIM

                    SIMBASIM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 466 posts

                      Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kat81
                      Here is a list of everything....
                      WOW I did not realize there was that much to do! That awesome. I am sure I will not have tons of time before the wedding but nice to know my guests will be entertained!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users