Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#161 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hi Girls,

I was reading through some old emails today from claudia and came across one that stated that the package included a 1 hour cocktail reception and a 3 hour dinner reception, so that must be what she's talking about?

so by my calcualations if we have our ceremony at 4 cocktail hour start at 530 and dinner start at 7, then we shouldn't have to be out of there until 10?

Does that sound right? And we shouldn't have to pay any extra...

#162 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
    • 153 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Ok..I just checked my contract to try and clear this up. Our ceremony is at 4 as well, the cocktail hour is from 5-6 and reception is 6-10 and there is no extra charges. The international bar is open for only 3 hours of the reception and then it is $10 per person per extra hour for the bar only. You have to keep in mind that they do normally close the bar down during dinner (which takes about an hour) and only table serve wine. But the actual reception site is ours till 10, which to me is long enough...if we are all still in the mood to party we can do so on the resort (and off my dime!!). So I don't htink you have to worry about being kicked out or anything like that...
      whew...this was a doozy!

Happily Married 1/25/08
      Dreams Resort, Cancun

#163 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
      • 153 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

Oh...and P.S. Jilly - you and I are having the same wedding experience!! Dreams wedding with a ceremony at 4, then off to El Dorado Royale for our honeymoons! I can't wait till you get married to hear how it all went!! That way I can use you for all the best info!!
        Happily Married 1/25/08
        Dreams Resort, Cancun

#164 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cancunbride2be
          Ok..I just checked my contract to try and clear this up. Our ceremony is at 4 as well, the cocktail hour is from 5-6 and reception is 6-10 and there is no extra charges. The international bar is open for only 3 hours of the reception and then it is $10 per person per extra hour for the bar only. You have to keep in mind that they do normally close the bar down during dinner (which takes about an hour) and only table serve wine. But the actual reception site is ours till 10, which to me is long enough...if we are all still in the mood to party we can do so on the resort (and off my dime!!). So I don't htink you have to worry about being kicked out or anything like that...
          whew...this was a doozy!
          Hmmm... She has mine written up as 3:30pm for ceremony, 4:30-5:30 cocktail hour, 5:30-8:30pm dinner... only 3 hours. (Sunset is at 5:38pm).

#165 wkbroome

wkbroome
          • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

Interesting ladies. I'm getting married there in July and my contract says that the wedding will take place at 6:30. Do you think that's too late?

#166 YauLau

YauLau
            • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

My contract said 5-ceremony, 5:30-6:30 cocktail hour, and 6:30-9:30 reception. Isn't it a big rush with the ceremony being half an hour only. I think Claudia at Dreams intend to only have one event after another directly. There's no downtime like 1/2 hr in between or anything.

#167 Amy715

Amy715
              • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

I have the same schedule as yours. I'm wondering if that will be enough time too, but all wedding ceremonies I've been to are over in about 15-20 min. I'll probably ask Claudia about it once I get to Mexico.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by YauLau
                My contract said 5-ceremony, 5:30-6:30 cocktail hour, and 6:30-9:30 reception. Isn't it a big rush with the ceremony being half an hour only. I think Claudia at Dreams intend to only have one event after another directly. There's no downtime like 1/2 hr in between or anything.

#168 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cancunbride2be
                  whew...this was a doozy!
                  Oh...and P.S. Jilly - you and I are having the same wedding experience!! Dreams wedding with a ceremony at 4, then off to El Dorado Royale for our honeymoons! I can't wait till you get married to hear how it all went!! That way I can use you for all the best info!!
                  That seems really rushed, I would see if she can change it. I want to get some group pictures done before cocktail hour starts so I want at least an hour between the ceremony start and cocktail hour start.

#169 Amy715

Amy715
                  • 45 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

Is anyone having a hard time getting a response from Claudia lately? A few weeks ago she was answering my emails within one day and now I haven't heard from her in at least 2 weeks. My wedding in coming up really soon and I still have a few questions!

Also, does anyone know if Dreams has a projector with a screen to use? One of the groomsmen wanted to show a short video he made on his laptop during the dinner reception. Is anyone else using one?

#170 wkbroome

wkbroome
                    • 99 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, lately email response is ridiculously slow. When I've emailed Claudia, I received a response in about 3 weeks. My wedding is approaching quickly as well. I feel your frustration girl! If I don't get a response to my question about a change in ceremony (we're now getting married in Chicago before we go to Cancun), I am calling down there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users