Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

that is also a very good point i guess we could also put them on the guest list and just pay another 50$ for them to get a dinner at this point another 50$ is not going to kill us specially so they dont miss a great moment and if they leave knowing my luck they will miss something priceless, and kat i cant remember did you book kristie as well i cant stop looking at morgans pics!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
right hartyt509, so if your wedding was at 1pm at the gazebo with the reception at the tower terrace, and say mine was at 3pm, then i obviously could not have the tower terrace because your people would presumably still be partying there!

marrying in black at 1pm in mexicohuh.gif hot hot hot ... it's probably better that you change to 4pm! :)
Ok so my response from Claudia is this:-

"We offer other available times not to interfere with your ceremony. The maximum weddings we confirm in a day is 3 but only if they don't have any reception just ceremony, or 2 small weddings with reception but one of them in the morning and the other one in the afternoon"

So I think you can safely say there will be definitely more than one wedding per day and probs at a minimum 2. However if you are taking lots of guests and spends huge $$ you'll probs get one lol

She's changed the time for me but did try and get me to go for 6pm I've respectfully declined lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
if it's that important to you, i would contact them and specifically state that you wish to be the only wedding on your date, and that if they cannot guarantee that you will have to take your business elsewhere. don't sign anything or pay anything that doesn't outline the promise in writing.

that said, i don't think you're going to find many resorts that will commit to one wedding per day.

I hope you haven't paid yet because I think you are going to be upset that its not just going to be your wedding on that day.

I offered Claudia R and team to stay and eat dinner, they politely refused.

I am amazed to hear of all the weddings they are having in one day.

Mine was in Feb and we were the only one that day and I think there was one 2 days after mine, but I was in Chitchen Itza, so I missed it.

I think part of the reason there are so many weddings on one day is the time of year that all of you ladies have chosen. You've all picked May and I know of at least 3 or 4 other girls that are new to the forum that all want May too. So as you can imagine the dates book up quick.

When I was married there it was in October, I saw a few other weddings during the week, but not more than one a day, I don't even think there was one everyday.

So for future brides it's definitely worth keeping in mind that if you choose a busy time of year, that you should expect that there may be another wedding the same day as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Thank you but it was quite annoying.
At the gazebo, the wind is at your back, so either my FI was holding my veil, or it was tucket in the back of my dress.
You also see me constantly moving my hair out of my face, when I couldn't stand it anymore.

On the beach for pictures, the wind came at an angle so the my veil was tucked and Claudia R had to finally loan me a hair clip to be able to continue with taking pictures.
That's a bummer but I agree that it didn't shine through in your pictures, they are very pretty. I'm worried about my hair and all but I am more worried about the wind on my eyes. I have super sensitive eyes and I worry they will water a ton. I'll have to bring my make-up crew on the shoot with me, also known as my sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlomlad View Post
that is also a very good point i guess we could also put them on the guest list and just pay another 50$ for them to get a dinner at this point another 50$ is not going to kill us specially so they dont miss a great moment and if they leave knowing my luck they will miss something priceless, and kat i cant remember did you book kristie as well i cant stop looking at morgans pics!
No I didn't book her. Morgans pictures are just amazing though. I can't wait to see yours!!!
As for the photographer, this might sound silly but you could always pack them a meal too. Some muffins and a sandwich or something. You could order it from room service then have someone bring it with them. That would save you fifty buck AND it would be easy stuff for them to eat in between pictures.

Hey girls I started a thread for the newsletter that I stole from Dawn and changed up a bit. Dawn basically did all the tough work though. Anyway, I thought I would share so you girls could use the template if you want. Dawn has one too she might share with you. I am going to change it up a bit but here is what I have so far.

bdwweddingnewsletter.doc

Hey ladies -

At our reception we provided dinner for Claudia R, her assistant and the videographer (the same choices my guests had). We also offered the DJ a meal, but he declined. Just so you all know, Dreams does offer a reduced price meal for your vendors and they will set up a small table at the reception site that is tucked away in a corner or something. You just have to tell Claudia (wc) that you want a table for vendors. We had our reception in the spa area and they put a table into the back corner for Claudia and her team. That way they could eat comfortably, not eat with our guests, but still get some good pictures (I saw Claudia take some from the table during dinner).