Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1111 Princess402

Princess402
  • Member
  • 737 posts

    Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmarie17
    Okay,so as many of you know, my mom gets all this weird random wedding stuff from her work. Well, yesterday she brought me over a bubble machine! It's small and runs on batteries and I was thinking that since it's windy by the gazebo and throwing silk flowers after the ceremony would just result in a lot of litter in the water... maybe this would be a better option. I haven't played with bubbles in years so am not sure if they would just pop right away with the wind or if they would float around and look pretty. What do you all think?
    I'm thinking about doing bubbles too! I was planning on just giving the guests all little bubble wands at the ceremony, but this bubble machine has me intrigued.... in any case I think that the bubbles would actually look very pretty (someone else on here had said something about them reflecting the light and colors in a cool way?).... and I think even if the guests have to blow the bubbles themselves this could actually turn into a surprising amount of fun! Especially for the kids of course, and maybe this would also give them something to do while pictures are being taken after the ceremony?

    #1112 jaymielee

    jaymielee
    • Newbie
    • 19 posts

      Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

      hey jenn! i'm getting married on may 4th, 2009. actually, when i first started asking about open dates i wanted may 8th, but i noticed that you beat me to it. haha! however, may 4th is actually the most perfect date for us and our guests anyways and there would have been more problems for us had we gotten the 8th, so we are sooo excited we got the 4th booked instead. funny how things always work out! ;-) you should come and see us since you'll probably be down there then. i'll be the one with the group of a million crazy people. (haha)

      ANYWAAYYYYSSS.... (a bit of rambling there) i wanted to tell you that we paid for our deposit (actually we put $3000 down right away) and we did it through wire transfer about 2 weeks ago, and she received it immediately, no problems. she even emailed me right away (the next day!!) to confirm it. funny how they email you back so fast when you start talking about giving them your money. haha!! ;-) so i'm not sure how credit cards would work, but i just know that wire transfer went through the same day and i even got a response from her. haha!
      she did mention it is crazy there right now. i told her i didn't need to work out any of the details about the wedding until i come down and meet with her during my site visit this october. but in the beginning, it was really difficult to get answers from them. so now i'm just happy and finally relieved to know we have the date set and the money is in.

      #1113 June_Dreams

      June_Dreams
      • Jr. Member
      • 248 posts

        Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

        I absolutly love Dominican cake how are you getting it there??

        I have been waiting for a revisal on my contract and to give payment too and they have yet to get back to me
        <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

        #1114 lucy106

        lucy106
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,880 posts

          Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenn3878
          Hey all! I finally received my contract! YA!! Has anyone paid by credit card? I know I heard about some saying bank transfer was pretty difficult?
          Congratulations Jenn! That is very exciting news glad you got your contract. I know that was important to me too!

          #1115 dmarie17

          dmarie17
          • Jr. Member
          • 276 posts

            Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

            Is it weird that my wedding is August 31st and i have a contract and daniella hasn't requested $$ from me yet? I'm okay with it of course but just think that it's odd.
            I'm going to bring the bubble machine and hope that it works and looks amazing. Hey Kat, you are going to be there when I'm there right? Do you want the bubble machine when I'm done?! One less thing to bring home! And seriously, when would I ever again need a bubble machine?! Lemme know! You may just need to bring batteries and extra bubbles to refill it.

            #1116 Kat81

            Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

              Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dmarie17
              Is it weird that my wedding is August 31st and i have a contract and daniella hasn't requested $$ from me yet? I'm okay with it of course but just think that it's odd.
              I'm going to bring the bubble machine and hope that it works and looks amazing. Hey Kat, you are going to be there when I'm there right? Do you want the bubble machine when I'm done?! One less thing to bring home! And seriously, when would I ever again need a bubble machine?! Lemme know! You may just need to bring batteries and extra bubbles to refill it.
              LOL that would be awesome. Just let meknow what kind of batteries to bring!! I have sent my money but haven't got my contract completely done!! I'm not worried about it though.. from what Paula said you really sign the final when you get there.

              #1117 Ana Cerda

              Ana Cerda
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoannaR
                I absolutly love Dominican cake how are you getting it there??

                I have been waiting for a revisal on my contract and to give payment too and they have yet to get back to me

                I found out that you can bring food if it is cooked. They will not allowed flowers, plants, fruits or vegetables. Since all my family is going, what we plan to do is pack a cake on a everybody's luggage. (The cake will be 3 or 4 tiers).
                I spoke to Claudia and she agree they will only decorate it. I will also bring my own decorations. Hope it works.



                #1118 lucy106

                lucy106
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,880 posts

                  Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ana Cerda

                  I found out that you can bring food if it is cooked. They will not allowed flowers, plants, fruits or vegetables. Since all my family is going, what we plan to do is pack a cake on a everybody's luggage. (The cake will be 3 or 4 tiers).
                  I spoke to Claudia and she agree they will only decorate it. I will also bring my own decorations. Hope it works.

                  My goodness I give you guys a lot of credit. I would never dare to try this. You go girl!

                  #1119 Ana Cerda

                  Ana Cerda
                  • Newbie
                  • 91 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PDXlove
                    Thanks Ana! How was the resort?! Did you love it?!

                    I just love it. The service is great!!!


                    #1120 can't wait!

                    can't wait!
                    • Member
                    • 517 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

                      wow! that is so brave of you Ana, to do this. I'm telling my brothers they have to help pack some of the OOT bag items in with their stuff and they are already complaining!

                      But you with a cake?!?!
                      It's amazing! And having tasted this cake, I know it will be all worth it!

                      Good luck with it!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users