Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of doing those other things they have, the flower things that hang from the back of the chairs (I know, great decscription,huh) Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I want those for my chairs, I think they cost 650 each, but I won't need too many

They have a whole rainbow of available colors for the chair bows, along with different materials (satin,chiffon,etc.). We saw the book on our site visit. I couldn't tell you exactly all the colors..but there was a lot to choose from. One comment on the flowers on the back of the chairs...we saw a wedding that tied cala lillies on the back. After the 10 minute ceremony, the clean up crew cut them off and threw them on the ground. It was soo sad and a huge waste of the couples money. Just something to think about....if you are going to do chair flowers, do it at the reception!!

For the cake....we tried the cheesecake at one (or 2) of the Dreams restuarants and it just wasn't that good. My Fi and I are cheesecake lovers and it just wasn't up to par. We decided to go with the chocolate fountain instead because we just weren't crazy about the cakes there.

Poor Claudia! Must have been so busy this weekend... she sent me an email at 3am this morning my time.

Just wanted to share some of her answers to my questions with you. I know some of these have been asked already, but I wanted to make sure I could clarify them with her as well:

Will the ceremony be able to be performed in English?

yes

Is there the ability to hook up an iPod?

yes you can connect your ipod

If we hire an outside photographer, would there be a charge for bringing them onsite?

No problem

(she didn't say if there was a charge though)

Can we get credit for the photos included in this package and use towards something else?

yes

Did not say how much, but I am going off of what she told Susan

Do you also allow for outside florists for bouquets?

No I`m sorry

Darn it... hopefullly say can get what I want since I didn't find what I wanted in the ppt she sent

For the cocktail hour, is the price the same regardless if the guest drinks alcohol or not?

Price is the same

For the menus, do you allow any substitutions between the silver and platinum into the gold menu? Ex: We would like to have a Mexican soup and a salad to replace the Chinese chicken in the gold menu.

silver & gold only

For the dinner, the hours are between 5:30-8:30pm. Is there an extra charge to stay until 10 or 11pm?

yes $ 10 usd + 15% service + 10% tax per person

Anyone staying longer or are you going to do something else?

Is there a dancing area near the Club terrace?

yes

Do you have any sample of the Caribbean trio music?

Unfortunately I don`t have

Does anyone know if they allow for outside live music?

Can we reherse the evening before the wedding?

yes of course

Would we be able to reserve an area for dinner for our guests on the Friday before the wedding?

$ 10 usd charge per person in some of our restaurants, this will depend on the number of your guests

Is there a hotel shuttle service from the airport to the hotel?

Or is there a preferred vendor you would recommend?

We donâ€t have shuttle services, but at the airport there are taxis, private transportation, etc.

There is a company CANCUN VAN, they have good prices.

Now I have more questions for her, hopefully she won't be annoyed by me Click the image to open in full size.

Looks like I'll have to stick with their florist too. I'm sure they'll do a great job. I just thought I could maybe do it for a little cheaper and with a little more personal attention with an outside vendor. Oh well, in the long run, it will probably make my life simpler.