Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1041 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kat81
    PaulaV or anybody for that matter... Do you think that a shorter Veil would be better or would it be harder to maintain in the wind. I am still going back and forth with it. I may borrow a veil from my friend then try it when I get down there and if I think it is too windy not do it. I just want to know what the girls that have already been married there think.....
    I had bought a veil and had every intention of wearing it, but once I got there and saw how windy it was, I didn't even attempt it.

If I had to guess, I would think a longer one might be easier because you could have whoever walks you down the aisle kind of hold it behind your back or around their arm.

Paula will probably be able to give you better advice because she wore hers.

#1042 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
    • 91 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

Great pictures. Did anyone have mariachi band during the reception?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by vtello
      Hey everyone here are some pic Claudia email me

Click the image to open in full size.

#1043 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kat81
        PaulaV or anybody for that matter... Do you think that a shorter Veil would be better or would it be harder to maintain in the wind. I am still going back and forth with it. I may borrow a veil from my friend then try it when I get down there and if I think it is too windy not do it. I just want to know what the girls that have already been married there think.....
        HI! Checking in for a second...
        I am not sure. My veil, as long as it was, came forward and my dad grabbed a hold of it and is holding it behind his back.
        During the ceremony we tried tucking it under my arm a little and during most pictures it was tucked in the back of my dress a bit.
        If it were short I don't think I could have done that.
        I would suggest trying the walk when you arae there.
        I was married in February and Jill in October and we both thought it was too windy. (Yes I am stubborn).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Jill
        I had bought a veil and had every intention of wearing it, but once I got there and saw how windy it was, I didn't even attempt it.

If I had to guess, I would think a longer one might be easier because you could have whoever walks you down the aisle kind of hold it behind your back or around their arm.

Paula will probably be able to give you better advice because she wore hers.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ana Cerda
        Great pictures. Did anyone have mariachi band during the reception?
        Hola Ana! We did, but I heard them from a far since we were having pictures made and completely missed cocktail hour.

#1044 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

we had the mariachi during cocktail hour too, I only caught the end of them, but they were good from what I saw and my guests loved them!

#1045 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TA Jill
            we had the mariachi during cocktail hour too, I only caught the end of them, but they were good from what I saw and my guests loved them!
            Congrats Jill on being a TA!!! I didn't even know :)

#1046 dmarie17

dmarie17
            • 276 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

I don't think that we are going to use the mariachi band but I wanted to post this picture. I'm not sure if Daniella sent it to me or what but it just makes me laugh... I don't really know why, but every time I look at it, I just crack up! Click the image to open in full size.
              Is it just me?! Maybe I should lay off the caffeine!

#1047 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Those were the same guys that were at my wedding!

#1048 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

How were they Paula? We are still trying to decide between Mariachi and carribean trio? I know seems stupid to do Carribean Trio in Mexico but oh well!

#1049 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                  • 466 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dmarie17
                    I don't think that we are going to use the mariachi band but I wanted to post this picture. I'm not sure if Daniella sent it to me or what but it just makes me laugh... I don't really know why, but every time I look at it, I just crack up! Click the image to open in full size.
                    Is it just me?! Maybe I should lay off the caffeine!
                    I just showed the picture to my FI and he was cracking up!!!!

#1050 roxych1k

roxych1k
                    • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

I've decided to change my destination to Cancun instead of Los Cabos, the hotel seems to have a lot more options but only thing is they don't allow outside vendors. I might stick with the sound system and IPOD system, but what did you gals use for the ceremony? I'm having to cut a lot of things to make sure I stay within my budget.

Nadia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users