Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

I had Luis, but there was another bride who got married within days of me and had a different Dreams DJ.  I think Luis did a great job.  I sent him a list of what I wanted played - and he worked within that list as best he could.

 

My dinner ran longer than expected, so I hadn't given him enough dinner music songs.  So he pulled up the slow songs from the dancing part of my list as well as adding in some of his own that my guests really liked.  When we got to dancing, he went through our fast song list without adding in any slow songs - which turned out perfectly because it kept the energy up.  Luis was a professional and I would gladly use him again.

 

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 View Post

For the ladies who've gotten married at dreams already, did you use their DJ? Was it Luiz? How did you like him?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, he told me that they don't do aney jokes or entertainment. Did he lead the party well?
 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

I had Luis, but there was another bride who got married within days of me and had a different Dreams DJ.  I think Luis did a great job.  I sent him a list of what I wanted played - and he worked within that list as best he could.

 

My dinner ran longer than expected, so I hadn't given him enough dinner music songs.  So he pulled up the slow songs from the dancing part of my list as well as adding in some of his own that my guests really liked.  When we got to dancing, he went through our fast song list without adding in any slow songs - which turned out perfectly because it kept the energy up.  Luis was a professional and I would gladly use him again.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - the Dreams florist did my bouquet.  I showed Claudia the picture below (which I had found in a Dreams centerpiece file) and said I want my bouquet to look like it:

flower inspiration.png

 

and what they came up with....

d043b7b5_cancun-304.jpeg

 

I asked for the same flowers on the gazebo, but I think they always use lillies on the gazebo mixed in with the roses:

gazebo flowers.png



 

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Leigh2011...your bouquet is gorgeous!!! Did Dreams do that with their florist. I'm sure you bought your starfish but the folwers are so beautiful!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luis didn't do any cheesey MC'ing.  He did the introductions as asked, prompted the special dances (first, father/daughter, and mother/son), asked for anyone who wanted to do a speech and that was about it.  (We didn't do a garter or bouquet toss because everyone was alredy engaged or married)  I don't remember him saying anything about switching the music over and dancing - I think we all just got up on the dance floor and he kept playing the right music.  The music was blended together well, so no akward pauses or anything like that.
 

They will say as much or as little as you want - just be specific.  For instance, we took pictures before the ceremony so we were at the cocktail hour with our guests - so we didn't want to be "introduced" and they got that right.  I hate to say this, but I don't remember much about what Luis said on the microphone - which to me is a GOOD thing.  The music was great and he wasn't memorable (because I only remember things like that when I think they did a bad job - like the DJ at my AHR was horribly cheesey so I remember him). 


 

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 View Post

thanks, he told me that they don't do aney jokes or entertainment. Did he lead the party well?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Also...where did you purchase your starfish bouquet gems. I love how they look. I have been to a few websites and did not like the product I saw. Thanks for all of your help. You have been so helpful to all of us!
 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Yep - the Dreams florist did my bouquet.  I showed Claudia the picture below (which I had found in a Dreams centerpiece file) and said I want my bouquet to look like it:

flower inspiration.png

 

and what they came up with....

d043b7b5_cancun-304.jpeg

 

I asked for the same flowers on the gazebo, but I think they always use lillies on the gazebo mixed in with the roses:

gazebo flowers.png



 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, that's very helpful!

 

did claudia give you the flower file when you got there or before?
 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Luis didn't do any cheesey MC'ing.  He did the introductions as asked, prompted the special dances (first, father/daughter, and mother/son), asked for anyone who wanted to do a speech and that was about it.  (We didn't do a garter or bouquet toss because everyone was alredy engaged or married)  I don't remember him saying anything about switching the music over and dancing - I think we all just got up on the dance floor and he kept playing the right music.  The music was blended together well, so no akward pauses or anything like that.
 

They will say as much or as little as you want - just be specific.  For instance, we took pictures before the ceremony so we were at the cocktail hour with our guests - so we didn't want to be "introduced" and they got that right.  I hate to say this, but I don't remember much about what Luis said on the microphone - which to me is a GOOD thing.  The music was great and he wasn't memorable (because I only remember things like that when I think they did a bad job - like the DJ at my AHR was horribly cheesey so I remember him). 


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked the website I bought my starfish from and the domain is now for sale.  The blue starfish was actually part of the starfish passing that I got involved with through this site (there is a starfish passing thread).  Sorry I can't be of more help on this one.

 

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post


Also...where did you purchase your starfish bouquet gems. I love how they look. I have been to a few websites and did not like the product I saw. Thanks for all of your help. You have been so helpful to all of us!
 


I actually obtained the file from my travel agent (who had gotten it previously from Claudia) months and months before my wedding.  The centerpiece file came with a price sheet that I am sure is out of date by now, but could give you a ballpark.  If you PM me with your email address I can send the files on to you.
 

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 View Post

Thank you, that's very helpful!

 

did claudia give you the flower file when you got there or before?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I am very new to this website but it has been sooo very helpful! Thanks everyone for posting, it is all great information. I am getting married at Dreams in less than a month and am feeling extremely overwhelmed. Anyone else getting married the weekend of 1/14/12?!? It would be great to meet someone at the resort from this website :)  I do have several questions, for brides who have already been married there, and I apoligize if some the questions have already been answered in previous posts.

 

1. After reading through previous posts, I decided to add the sound system for the gazebo. Do they have someone who will control the music? Or is that something I need to set up?

2. Any recommedations for the best location for coctail hour, so far we are having 45 - 50 people. From my emails with Cecilia, I did not realize that there were different options.

3. Did anyone ship stuff to your resort? I will probably ship our welcome bags and maybe some clothing to avoid the extra airfare. (My fiance works at FedEx and gets a discount)

4. We are flying delta, I still need to contact the airline, but did anyone have difficulties carrying on their dress?

5. How did you like the videography? I am extremely excited for the video and plan to play it at our AHR, but they said a 30 min video really isn't long enough. Any extra input?

6. For our Welcome bags, I wanted to include a list of everyone in our group who was staying at the hotel with their room numbers. The conceriege said they couldn't supply that information due to privacy issues and referred me to ask Cecilia. I have asked twice now, and she just ignors the question

7. Did your bridesmaids carry on their dresses as well?

8. What was your favorite part of your wedding? Is there anything you would have done differently? 

 

 

Sorry for all of the questions, I don't seem to get much feedback from Cecilia (I know she's super busy) I just want to be prepared.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See below for responses...
 

Originally Posted by KristaMM View Post

Hello everyone! I am very new to this website but it has been sooo very helpful! Thanks everyone for posting, it is all great information. I am getting married at Dreams in less than a month and am feeling extremely overwhelmed. Anyone else getting married the weekend of 1/14/12?!? It would be great to meet someone at the resort from this website :)  I do have several questions, for brides who have already been married there, and I apoligize if some the questions have already been answered in previous posts.

 

1. After reading through previous posts, I decided to add the sound system for the gazebo. Do they have someone who will control the music? Or is that something I need to set up?

They supply the equipment and a staff member to operate the equipment.  I simply gave Claudia a CD with the songs on it.  I did make sure to carefully write on the label of the CD with the disc track number, the title, artist, and portion of ceremony (guests seating, bridal party entrance, bride's entrance, recessional).

 

2. Any recommedations for the best location for coctail hour, so far we are having 45 - 50 people. From my emails with Cecilia, I did not realize that there were different options.

We had our reception on the beach - so I had the cocktail party on the Terrace.  I was very happy with my choice.

 

3. Did anyone ship stuff to your resort? I will probably ship our welcome bags and maybe some clothing to avoid the extra airfare. (My fiance works at FedEx and gets a discount)

I recall reading (maybe in the planning guide online for the resort) that they discourage shipping items ahead.  Two main issues with shipping ahead 1) brides on this forum have talked about boxes getting stuck in Mexican customs for a very long time and not arriving in time for the wedding, 2) the resort staff has to find a place to keep it and not misplace it.

 

4. We are flying delta, I still need to contact the airline, but did anyone have difficulties carrying on their dress?

I flew continental and there was no closet for my dress, so it got folded up in an overhead bin.  Because the dress steaming is included in the package, I didn't stress about it.

 

5. How did you like the videography? I am extremely excited for the video and plan to play it at our AHR, but they said a 30 min video really isn't long enough. Any extra input?

Let me start by saying that I don't like video of myself, but I really did like my included 30 minute video.  I would say that about 5ish minutes of the video is canned shots of the resort (not on your wedding day) and the rest is actually on your wedding day and your ceremony.  The videographer got a few detail shots and started filming while my guests were waiting to get seated.  The videographer stopped filming after getting some footage of photos taken after the ceremony (before the cocktail hour started).  Because I had full photographer coverage of my cocktail hour and reception, I don't think the video would have added anything.  However, if I didn't have photos from the reception, it would probably be nice to have some video of it. I did get an email from the videographers a couple of weeks or so before the wedding about their packages (in case you wanted to add on more time) and their packages are PRICEY.  I still have this email if you would like to PM me with your email address I can forward it to you.

 

6. For our Welcome bags, I wanted to include a list of everyone in our group who was staying at the hotel with their room numbers. The conceriege said they couldn't supply that information due to privacy issues and referred me to ask Cecilia. I have asked twice now, and she just ignors the question

My guess is that they honestly have no idea who will be in what room this far in advance.  Also, because the resort was not full in November, the front desk offered all of my guests that booked the Deluxe Room an upgrade for a low price (I don't remember what the deal was off the top of my head) and several took advantage of the upgrade option - so room numbers might change the day of check-in. 

 

7. Did your bridesmaids carry on their dresses as well?

My sister packed her dress in her suitcase.

 

8. What was your favorite part of your wedding? Is there anything you would have done differently? 

My favorite part of the wedding day was the dancing at the reception - I had an absolute blast.  But honestly, my favorite part of the wedding as a whole was looking at my pictures and reliving the day.  So do not cheap out on the photo (or video if you prefer) coverage....

 

Sorry for all of the questions, I don't seem to get much feedback from Cecilia (I know she's super busy) I just want to be prepared.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×