Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

I'm getting married on a Friday night and really wanted the terrace so that I would not have to oay $750 for the dance floor in the sand. This is disturbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can barely comment on this because I'm getting married next Friday and am now feeling a little sick that this could interfere! sick.gif Since there has been no mention from Claudia, and since I'm sure there are plenty of Tuesday and Friday weddings at Dreams, I'm hoping that it's not actually going to be in the way. I emailed Claudia to ask her, so hopefully she will get back to me before I leave for Cancun!

 

On to a positive: mgl27 I do arrive on Wednesday afternoon, and waiting on Claudia to confirm our meeting time, but YES! we definitely need to meet up for a cocktail. I can't believe our wedding dates finally show up on the 10 day forcast ;) friday.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Very excited for both of you. You will both have to let me know if it really interferes with your wedding. I am thinking that you might be right and with the amount of weddings we would have heard something in a review about this.

Originally Posted by futuremrsroo View Post

I can barely comment on this because I'm getting married next Friday and am now feeling a little sick that this could interfere! sick.gif Since there has been no mention from Claudia, and since I'm sure there are plenty of Tuesday and Friday weddings at Dreams, I'm hoping that it's not actually going to be in the way. I emailed Claudia to ask her, so hopefully she will get back to me before I leave for Cancun!

 

On to a positive: mgl27 I do arrive on Wednesday afternoon, and waiting on Claudia to confirm our meeting time, but YES! we definitely need to meet up for a cocktail. I can't believe our wedding dates finally show up on the 10 day forcast ;) friday.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello Everyone...I didnt mean to alarm anyone.  We received this back from Claudia and I think everything will be fine.  Wedding at the Gazebo around 4 will not be affected...but might have to move reception from terrance.  We are going to decide when we arrrive at Dreams.

 

 

 

 

The hotel always has been having this kind of events for the entire guest, on Tuesdays we cerebrate a Mexican fiesta with a buffet and Fridayâ€s is forCaribbean night show. Dinner starts at 7 and ends by 11 pm, the show s around 8:00 to 9:30 pm with some mariachis, Mexican dancers but not extremely loud. Your reception dinner will be from 6-9 pm, so will be almost at the end.

By ceremony time will be no problem at all.

The whether so far has been raining so far this last 2 weeks and when is a little chance of rain they move the show to somewhere else, so there is a chance to have it with no event beside yours. Your wedding is important to me as is for you; Iâ€ll talk to whoever I need to talk with in order to have the place with no loud music than yours.

 

If you want me to call you, please give me the phone where I can reach you.

Regards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for sharing this! :)
 

Originally Posted by bnwedding2011 View Post

 

Hello Everyone...I didnt mean to alarm anyone.  We received this back from Claudia and I think everything will be fine.  Wedding at the Gazebo around 4 will not be affected...but might have to move reception from terrance.  We are going to decide when we arrrive at Dreams.

 

 

 

 

The hotel always has been having this kind of events for the entire guest, on Tuesdays we cerebrate a Mexican fiesta with a buffet and Fridayâ€s is forCaribbean night show. Dinner starts at 7 and ends by 11 pm, the show s around 8:00 to 9:30 pm with some mariachis, Mexican dancers but not extremely loud. Your reception dinner will be from 6-9 pm, so will be almost at the end.

By ceremony time will be no problem at all.

The whether so far has been raining so far this last 2 weeks and when is a little chance of rain they move the show to somewhere else, so there is a chance to have it with no event beside yours. Your wedding is important to me as is for you; Iâ€ll talk to whoever I need to talk with in order to have the place with no loud music than yours.

 

If you want me to call you, please give me the phone where I can reach you.

Regards!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Thank you so much! I'm not worried at all anymore ;) Or reception will be ending around 9:30, so by the time the show starts, my group will be well into the fun dancing mode, and will probably not even notice! msnparty.gif

 

Originally Posted by bnwedding2011 View Post

 

Hello Everyone...I didnt mean to alarm anyone.  We received this back from Claudia and I think everything will be fine.  Wedding at the Gazebo around 4 will not be affected...but might have to move reception from terrance.  We are going to decide when we arrrive at Dreams.

 

 

 

 

The hotel always has been having this kind of events for the entire guest, on Tuesdays we cerebrate a Mexican fiesta with a buffet and Fridayâ€s is forCaribbean night show. Dinner starts at 7 and ends by 11 pm, the show s around 8:00 to 9:30 pm with some mariachis, Mexican dancers but not extremely loud. Your reception dinner will be from 6-9 pm, so will be almost at the end.

By ceremony time will be no problem at all.

The whether so far has been raining so far this last 2 weeks and when is a little chance of rain they move the show to somewhere else, so there is a chance to have it with no event beside yours. Your wedding is important to me as is for you; Iâ€ll talk to whoever I need to talk with in order to have the place with no loud music than yours.

 

If you want me to call you, please give me the phone where I can reach you.

Regards!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad you ladies feel better.  I wish I were going earlier to be able to give all of you a first hand account.

 

Today I got an updated contract from Claudia - helps make it feel real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone having an earlier ceremony? Ours is for 1 pm and I'm not sure what time to start the cocktail hour and reception??? We booked it back in February and when we emailed Claudia a few months ago to change it to 4 pm she said that we could not change the time because all the later times were already booked with weddings! Then when I asked to have the cocktail hour on the terrace and the reception on the beach she also told us that the terrace was already booked. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

I'm thinking ceremony at 1pm, pictures to follow, cocktail hour at 3 and reception from 4-7??? The kicker is we hired Juan Navarro to do our pictures and have him for 3 hours....so I have a feeling we will have to pay him for a couple extra hours to fit in part of the reception.... Ugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not having my ceremony early, but if I were...I think I would have the ceremony and cocktail hour together and then have the break in time before ther reception.  That way everyone is together for the ceremony and can then socialize at the cocktail hour before heading off on their own for a while.  At that point you could have the reception a bit later if you would like (more of a night-time event).  That sort of timing might also help with the photos as 3 hours could get a bit of the getting ready, the ceremony, the cocktail hour (which you could actually attend) and then you and your then husband off taking pictures for an hour.  You could even potentially move a few of the traditional reception activities (like champagne toast and cake cutting even) up to the cocktail hour for the sake of pictures.  Not sure what your vision is, but I think that is what I would do.

Let us know what you decide.

Originally Posted by dreamsbride12 View Post

Is anyone having an earlier ceremony? Ours is for 1 pm and I'm not sure what time to start the cocktail hour and reception??? We booked it back in February and when we emailed Claudia a few months ago to change it to 4 pm she said that we could not change the time because all the later times were already booked with weddings! Then when I asked to have the cocktail hour on the terrace and the reception on the beach she also told us that the terrace was already booked. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

I'm thinking ceremony at 1pm, pictures to follow, cocktail hour at 3 and reception from 4-7??? The kicker is we hired Juan Navarro to do our pictures and have him for 3 hours....so I have a feeling we will have to pay him for a couple extra hours to fit in part of the reception.... Ugh!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×