Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
PhillyBride... were your photo's retouched (special effects, sharper image..airbursh, playing with the light, mixed black and white w/ color)? Also, what did the album look like.. were the photos high quality luster, is it a black or white book, leather? Sorry, lots of questions.
Yes, He did all of the special effects...I amnot sure about airbrushing because the proofs look the same as the 60 pictures in my album.
The Album is a Black leather album, The pages inside have the individual slots that hold each 4x6 pic. I think the package comes with 50 pictures in the Album..He would up giving us 60, which was nice.
He picks the phots that go in the album though. But he truly did pick the best ones. There were color & black & whit pics in the book. With all the special effects. If you buy the CD of All the pics he takes that day, you will see diferent versions of the same pic...The normal pic and then all of the special effects & lighting pics.
Don't be sorry for asking questions! I am happy to answer. I was right where you are at this time last year :)

Sorry about your Photographer :-(

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
Yes, He did all of the special effects...I amnot sure about airbrushing because the proofs look the same as the 60 pictures in my album.
The Album is a Black leather album, The pages inside have the individual slots that hold each 4x6 pic. I think the package comes with 50 pictures in the Album..He would up giving us 60, which was nice.
He picks the phots that go in the album though. But he truly did pick the best ones. There were color & black & whit pics in the book. With all the special effects. If you buy the CD of All the pics he takes that day, you will see diferent versions of the same pic...The normal pic and then all of the special effects & lighting pics.
Don't be sorry for asking questions! I am happy to answer. I was right where you are at this time last year :)

thank you for all your help!!! did you specify before hand any shots that you HAD to have, ie first kiss, ring exchange, etc or was did he just know to capture those? also did he prompt you for some shots that he though would look good?

sorry about your photog peterpanpixiedust!!

Philly, would it be too much to ask if you could snap a pic of your book with a page open. I would love to see how the pics are placed. My friend's leather album was really nice with some 4x6 and 5x7 slots, some vertical some horizontal, so it didn't look like those albums with plastic sheets with all the photos in a row. It had some character. was yours someone like this ( I know you said yours are all 4x6) What did the prints look like? are they glossy, mat, high luster, thicker than average or really think like walgreens does? I just wish my entourage (WC Photog's, etc) would email me back so I could get real answers....deep breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post

Thanks for the info! I've been e-mailing Juan to try to figure out what we want to add. I'm still deciding if we want to use him for a TTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
thank you for all your help!!! did you specify before hand any shots that you HAD to have, ie first kiss, ring exchange, etc or was did he just know to capture those? also did he prompt you for some shots that he though would look good?

sorry about your photog peterpanpixiedust!!
Not a problem. I actually didn't specify anything and I think he pretty much caught everything plus more. The only pictures that I don't have and wish I did, are pictures with the ring bearer and flower girl...I have a few of them walking down the isle, but none with the whole bridal party or just with the bride & groom. This wasn't the photog's fault though....The kids were both 2 years old and being a little difficult that day..LOL I also wish I had one normal bride & groom pic of us. I had a hard time finding a pic I liked for the Engraved frames we gave our parents for Christmas.

I am positive you could give him a list of "must haves" just to cover your basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
Philly, would it be too much to ask if you could snap a pic of your book with a page open. I would love to see how the pics are placed. My friend's leather album was really nice with some 4x6 and 5x7 slots, some vertical some horizontal, so it didn't look like those albums with plastic sheets with all the photos in a row. It had some character. was yours someone like this ( I know you said yours are all 4x6) What did the prints look like? are they glossy, mat, high luster, thicker than average or really think like walgreens does? I just wish my entourage (WC Photog's, etc) would email me back so I could get real answers....deep breath!
I would be happy to take a pic, but just to warn you, it's pretty much just 3 pictures to a page in a row..LOL
I will take the pic tonight hopefully so you can see. But to be honest, I am making my own book. For christmas, we made our parents albums from snap fish and it looked like a hard back magazine. We got to do the layout and it was awesome....I tried to get a link to it, but i guess I didn't save it to snapfish. I have yet to make the one for us, but I plan too.
I have the book from Juan on my coffee table for now, but I hope to print ALL of the mexico pics out from the whole trip and add them to that book. Especially after I make my hardback photobook. That's why he gives you the option to buy all of the shots he took that day, so you can do what you wish with them :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andim View Post
Thanks for the info! I've been e-mailing Juan to try to figure out what we want to add. I'm still deciding if we want to use him for a TTD.

No problem! :)

Peterpanpixiedust - That TTD session sounds amazing. I was going to get Juan to do it but that sounds like so much fun! Can you share the info when you find out more?

Phillybride - thanks for providing feedback on the photographer. Juan does take amazing pics. I wanted Claudia Rodriquez but maybe I will just stick with the resort photographer and save myself some money. I was definitely planning to hire Mike Cantarell as our videographer but if he is part of the Dreams wedding package that is fantastic! My DSW is getting in touch with Claudia to confirm and see what he provides as part of the package.

Thanks for the help ladies! :-)

Oh ya I forgot to mention the wedding albums. I am definitely going to purchase the DVD of pictures so I can go back home and make my own album. My friend got married in the summer and has a hard-cover storybook wedding album. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I definitely want one! Moments that Matter Photography offer it as an option. You can look up a company in the states called Pictage that makes the albums. I just went to a wedding show a few weeks and alot of the photographers now are sending the pics away to get them made. They are a little pricey but worth every penny!! They are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie32 View Post
Peterpanpixiedust - That TTD session sounds amazing. I was going to get Juan to do it but that sounds like so much fun! Can you share the info when you find out more?

Phillybride - thanks for providing feedback on the photographer. Juan does take amazing pics. I wanted Claudia Rodriquez but maybe I will just stick with the resort photographer and save myself some money. I was definitely planning to hire Mike Cantarell as our videographer but if he is part of the Dreams wedding package that is fantastic! My DSW is getting in touch with Claudia to confirm and see what he provides as part of the package.

Thanks for the help ladies! :-)

Ok, so Hidden Worlds (the cenote) contacted me. (Wedding party ultimate - $85 a person, includes use of two zip lines and sky cycles, 2 snorkle tours, and personal photographer with 50 photos on a cd per person, and travel to and from hotel. Trash the Dress - $65 a person includes travel, photog, cd, and snorkel. Each package has a minimum of 10 ppl, so you have to do the whole wedding party, but I'm sure you can some pics on your own). They said if you want an intimate session, it's different and you have to contact their photog, which I did. I asked about underwater and samples. I'll get back to you all when he responds!
Wedding and Group Packages at Hidden Worlds Yucatan Mexico Riviera Maya btw, hidden worlds is where Dos Ojos cenote is... If you all have not seen Jo's TTD, look here! Amazing. It's what made me want a Cenote shoot!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...c-heavy-52639/

Peterpanpixie dust, thanks for enlightening me to the world of cenotes! That would be sooo cool! What do people do with all these pics in wedding dresses in caves? I'm going to hang them up...is that weird? Imagine going to someone's house and seeing nothing but sensual underwater cave pics on the walls...lol

that would be the house to go to IMO... lol. Just found an amazing photographer and videography team willing to come shoot our wedding. There packages for full day are usually around and over 2 grand each... but they want to do our wedding for cost (about 900 each) and will even shoot our TTD the day after (both of them... in the cenote underwater and on the beach later on) and possibly some of the day before our wedding just soaking up some local flavor!!!! Only problem is, they both want 4 nights each with their spouses. It's crazy.... but basically, since they are going to be away from home, and they aren't going to be making money out of us, they want to enjoy some sun on their own with their wives (and they want the 4th day because they will be shooting us for 3). What would you guys do.... all in all, if you figure in that I'm getting a full day photo and video, and a a beach/cenote video and photo shoot , and possible more which all together would probably normally cost 6 grand!