Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
Ok I found it

Here is what I asked Kimiko:
"I loved the white organza w/o the ivy! Were you charged for this, or was it part of the "additional gazebo decorations" included in the Ultimate ($2400) package?"


And her response:
No, I was really happy to discover that this was a part of the Ultimate Package - No additional charge. Yeah! :-)
That's what I thought as well. Thanks for checking Susan. I will remind her especially since we are getting nothing else at the gazebo, no table and no flowers. I may line the aisle with orange petals for some colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I asked claudia about the "additional decorations" that were included, she told me it was the ceremonial table, the tiki torches, and chairs with white covers, she never mentioned the gazebo decor. I'm wondering if maybe that was left over from the day before or something and thats why kimiko didn't have to pay for it?

 

Also, I'm really wondering what the deal is with this "upgraded bridal bouquet" she never seems to answer the question about the difference between the regular bouquets and the upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious about the quality of photos that are included in the wedding packages. Who is the photographer? The last few emails I have sent to Dreams have not been answered? If you purchased those services, please reply. We are about to sign a contract with another photographer, but would love to hear about the one used by Dreams.(Cancun) Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmotherofbride View Post
I'm curious about the quality of photos that are included in the wedding packages. Who is the photographer? The last few emails I have sent to Dreams have not been answered? If you purchased those services, please reply. We are about to sign a contract with another photographer, but would love to hear about the one used by Dreams.(Cancun) Thanks.
Good morning!
I don't know of anyone on this forum that has used the resort photographer. So I cannot help you there. Many are using Claudia Rodriguez's company Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya or del Sol Photography .

It does take some time for them to respond, it has taken up to 3 weeks for me sometimes. My suggestion would be to call Claudia and ask, then do a search on them to see their work. If you don't get an answer and like the work of the photog you are about to sign with, then just go with them.

Claudia is upgrading my video package to the next level up from what is included in the Ultimate package since we are not using the photography provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Susan! This is news to me that organza is included in the package. The price I saw for the organza and ivy was $288.

 

As far as set up costs for table decor, you defnitely have to pay unless you do it yourself. Which probably isn't so bad if you don't have very many tables to decorate.

 

Paula, do you have a picture of the bouquet that you want? I want mango calla lilies and orange roses and the price I was quoted was $150. I thought this seems ridiculous considering the package came with a basic bouquet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoSean View Post
A great view of the garden and the gazebo. Also an indoor and outdoor view of the terrace. Two potential reception venue.
Hi RoSean,
I'm also getting married at Dreams in November. I dont seem to have enough points to open your pics and I would absolutely love to see them.
Could you please e-mail them to me?

Thanks a million! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmotherofbride View Post
I'm curious about the quality of photos that are included in the wedding packages. Who is the photographer? The last few emails I have sent to Dreams have not been answered? If you purchased those services, please reply. We are about to sign a contract with another photographer, but would love to hear about the one used by Dreams.(Cancun) Thanks.
I think Paula is correct, none of the brides that have already been married or any of us coming up have used the resort photographer. I think they gave me the name, Jose something, I can't remember, but I wasn't impressed with their photography and the packages were kind of expensive for a not so nice photographer.

I am also using claudia rodriguez's studio, they said there is no problem with that.

They do take a while to respond to emails. I've noticed now that my wedding is closer I get responses much quicker. Sometimes they have trouble with certain email accounts, either their email won't reach you, or it will go to your junk mail, or sometimes your email doesn't reach them. Usually if I don't get a response after a week or two, I will forward my original email and ask if they received it, and then I usually get a response.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoSean View Post
Thanks Susan! This is news to me that organza is included in the package. The price I saw for the organza and ivy was $288.

As far as set up costs for table decor, you defnitely have to pay unless you do it yourself. Which probably isn't so bad if you don't have very many tables to decorate.

Paula, do you have a picture of the bouquet that you want? I want mango calla lilies and orange roses and the price I was quoted was $150. I thought this seems ridiculous considering the package came with a basic bouquet.
I saw a price list as well for all of the gazebo decor, I didn't think it was included.

She sent me my contract today and I told her that I had table decor and she didn't put anything in it about charging me for setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I wanted to mention that I asked for some substitutions, I got all but one. Here's what I asked for:

 

I told her I didn't need

-3 of the bouts

-the photography

-the small cake

 

I told her I wanted instead

-a small BM bouquet, for our daughter

-a large cake

-organza for the gazebo

-chair ties

 

the only thing she told me I couldn't have was the chair ties, which are maybe $70-$80, so no big deal, I'll just pay for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies. You're right. It takes awhile to get responses back from Daniella..but she does finally respond. She sent me a link to the photographer that they use (juanphotos.com) . There's not a lot to look at on the website. My daughter has chosen to go with Petra Maurus photography(cancun-wedding-photography.com) Lots of great pictures on their site and reasonable packages.

Has anyone used them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmotherofbride View Post
Hello ladies. You're right. It takes awhile to get responses back from Daniella..but she does finally respond. She sent me a link to the photographer that they use (juanphotos.com) . There's not a lot to look at on the website. My daughter has chosen to go with Petra Maurus photography(cancun-wedding-photography.com) Lots of great pictures on their site and reasonable packages.
Has anyone used them?
Good morning!
I just did a search of the forum to see it anything was posted about her, but it doesn't look like anyone has here. You will be the first to post about her work! There are a few links that came back on 'Maurus', but they were more questions about photographers and not people that had used them.

How is the planning going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×