Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Hang in there! I had the same issue and almost moved my wedding as well. Seriously! The invitations were printed and I was about ready to pull the plug anyway because I could not get a reply from the WC. I was told Claudia's mother was very sick and passed away?? So she is/was very behind. My TA finally called and spoke with the sales director, I got really quick responses after that. Although, now I feel a little guilty for complaining while the poor WC was dealing with the illness and death of her mother... YIKES!!

lol...thanks for all your comments, it seems my patience has left me...atleast i know i'm not the only one that goes through this...

On a better note...I recieved my contract today!!! YAY!!!! I also asked if she would exchange the cocktail hour for a few more people added to the reception...and she replied that she would add 10 more!!! My day couldn't be better!!

I'm so happy! I really didn't want to change venues as i have it all planned out in my head like a crazy person, and i don't think i would have been very happy to have to change it...

I am glad it finally worked out for you! I am getting more and more worried reading these posts....my wedding is coming close and I am getting no response from Claudia about the questions I have! First I was working with Olimpia who was really quick, but now all of a sudden she doesnt work there! Has anyone done programs for the ceremony? I asked Claudia about doing that but nothing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
lol...thanks for all your comments, it seems my patience has left me...atleast i know i'm not the only one that goes through this...

On a better note...I recieved my contract today!!! YAY!!!! I also asked if she would exchange the cocktail hour for a few more people added to the reception...and she replied that she would add 10 more!!! My day couldn't be better!!

I'm so happy! I really didn't want to change venues as i have it all planned out in my head like a crazy person, and i don't think i would have been very happy to have to change it...
YAY!!! sooo happy for you, glad it all worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherw View Post
I am glad it finally worked out for you! I am getting more and more worried reading these posts....my wedding is coming close and I am getting no response from Claudia about the questions I have! First I was working with Olimpia who was really quick, but now all of a sudden she doesnt work there! Has anyone done programs for the ceremony? I asked Claudia about doing that but nothing....
I'm 90% sure that things like menus and programs you have to do your self and give them to her when you get down there. What I've done is start a "questions journal" and everytime I think of something to ask I write it down so when we get there I'll have it in front of me. Also, I've read from a lot of brides that when they meet with the WC, she (the WC) has all of the emails you ever sent her printed in front of her, so you'll be able to go through your questions then too.

Thanks!

With that out of the way, all I am going to concern myself with is the planning from this end..OOT bags, etc...I have heard that once you get there it takes an hour or so for her to go over everything with you and plan it, so i really don't feel like i have anything else i need to talk with her about!!

I can relax now...thankfully

Any past Dreams brides that used the in house photographer? I'm contemplating whether or not to use him or go with an outside photographer. I'm not sure what photgraphy package the Ultimate Wedding Package covers. I know the number of photos but don't know the cost of it if I do choose to go with an outside vendor I want to get the appropriate credit towards something else on my list.

If anyone has insight on the in house photographer please send my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post
Any past Dreams brides that used the in house photographer? I'm contemplating whether or not to use him or go with an outside photographer. I'm not sure what photgraphy package the Ultimate Wedding Package covers. I know the number of photos but don't know the cost of it if I do choose to go with an outside vendor I want to get the appropriate credit towards something else on my list.

Try principal

thats his website above..i don't know why it says principal. Some of the girls on here have used him & have good things to say. My plan is to use him for the wedding ceremony & then i'm going to use Pierre Violle for my TTD session as i think i'm more excited about the TTD than the whole ceremony...

Good Luck :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post

I used him...& I was really happy with the outcome :) There is a link to my Picture post in my signature if you want to check them out.
I also know that Stacy used him..If you search this thread you'll see her link as well.
They told me that with the package I would have him 1.5 hours...Which is basically a half hour for the ceremony and an hour for the after cermeony pics. I was EXTREMELY nervous that we wouldn't get done all the pics I wanted in an hour and I would have to pay for his time & Etc.
But everything worked out. We were longer than an hour after the ceremony, but that was his fault..LOL he wanted us to go over to the light house and take some awsome pics, which took up alot of time.
Walking up those rocks barefoot in my huge dress wasn't fun, but I loved my pictures so it was worth it.
2days later he sent his assistant to come meet us and he gave us a leather Photo album with about 60 pictures (the package comes with 50, he gave us a few more) He picked out the best ones, which was fine because we also thought theyw ere the best ones.
His assistant also dropped off our Video from the Videographer which I loved! Then he gave us a CD with the 60 pictures that were in the album, and he also had the CD of ALL the pictures that were take that day (over 600)...He had a laptop with him and we saw ALL of those pics. He told us if we wanted to buy it it would be 350.00...Which was a little high in my opinion, but I wanted those pictures! So we bought it. I'm so happy we did.
There aren't any copyrights on them so you can get them printed & get books made & etc and that is what we are in the process of doing now.
I am happy I went with Juan, I was on a really tight budget and I was a little depressed that I couldn't afford another Photographer, but in the end, I was so happy!! :)

Good luck
P.S. Wow, sorry this is sooo long..LOL