Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki317 View Post
Exactly- i'm not going to worry about wind (they'll be so much alcohol it doesn't even matter!!
Here is what I have done so far:
reserved the date -May 6th 2009
14 poeple booked
Booked our rooms and travel

We having the ceremony (at 6pm) in the gazebo, cocktail housr on the terrace and the reception on the beach also.

I've also ordered all of my favors. (i will ship them to the hotel a day or 2 before i go there)
I will make up OOT bags when i get there as well.

We got the wedding package that includes the photog- don't think we're getting a videographer.
we got the tech with the sound system for the ceremony and i think we're going to do the same for the reception as well. one bride said they just used the cd/ipod player from the room (but i don't want to be in charge of changing the songs- go i'm getting the tech.

Still need my passport (yikes!!!) and the rings, but otherwise i think we're pretty much set (i hope)
Are you a little nervous sending your favors ahead of time?? I really want to send my OOT bags and contents plus some other things, but I am sooo nervous that they will never make it :-(
It is a really good idea though and can't wait to hear how you girls make out!! It would take alot of stress out of my packing!!

Also, We applied for our Passports on 01/17/09 and we got them Exactly one week later on 01/24/09 :-) So I wouldn't be too scared about getting them, But since you only have 3 months, I would get a move on that!! LOL It's very painless.

So far I have:
Booked the Wedding & Our rooms
Booking Flights tomorrow
got our Passports
Hired Cecilia Dumas as our Photographer
Hired Plumerias Wedding Flower Boutique for our Bouquets
Ordered most of the OOT contents and bags
Bought Rafia fans from a BDW member
Got my Dress
Ordered & Received BM's Dress (VS 7 in 1 Convertable/Sour Cherry)
14 People booked so far, but we are expecting 25 total

So much more to do!!! But this is the funn part I have been waiting for. I couldn't wait for the Holidays to be over so I can really get started. January has been a productive month, so far.
Now there are only 2 things that I REALLY want, but right now aren't in the cards...Yet....
#1..For my Brother and His family to be able to come to Mexico :-( I really would love for ALL of my family to be in the Wedding and just be there...Especially his two kids, My Neices...However..his job isn't Stable at the moment...It;s still in the air, but chances are slim. :-(

#2..For money to somehow magically appear so i can hire DJ Mannia and have my reception on the beach with the Illuminated Dance floor! LOL

Everyone keeps say we are getting a Stimulus Check...I don't think we are and didn't hear anything about a check, just a plan...However..If we do...Then Barrack will have bought me my DJ!! Hahahahahahaha

Can you tell I don't want to work today??hijacked.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
Are you a little nervous sending your favors ahead of time?? I really want to send my OOT bags and contents plus some other things, but I am sooo nervous that they will never make it :-(
It is a really good idea though and can't wait to hear how you girls make out!! It would take alot of stress out of my packing!!

Also, We applied for our Passports on 01/17/09 and we got them Exactly one week later on 01/24/09 :-) So I wouldn't be too scared about getting them, But since you only have 3 months, I would get a move on that!! LOL It's very painless.

So far I have:
Booked the Wedding & Our rooms
Booking Flights tomorrow
got our Passports
Hired Cecilia Dumas as our Photographer
Hired Plumerias Wedding Flower Boutique for our Bouquets
Ordered most of the OOT contents and bags
Bought Rafia fans from a BDW member
Got my Dress
Ordered & Received BM's Dress (VS 7 in 1 Convertable/Sour Cherry)
14 People booked so far, but we are expecting 25 total

So much more to do!!! But this is the funn part I have been waiting for. I couldn't wait for the Holidays to be over so I can really get started. January has been a productive month, so far.
Now there are only 2 things that I REALLY want, but right now aren't in the cards...Yet....
#1..For my Brother and His family to be able to come to Mexico :-( I really would love for ALL of my family to be in the Wedding and just be there...Especially his two kids, My Neices...However..his job isn't Stable at the moment...It;s still in the air, but chances are slim. :-(

#2..For money to somehow magically appear so i can hire DJ Mannia and have my reception on the beach with the Illuminated Dance floor! LOL

Everyone keeps say we are getting a Stimulus Check...I don't think we are and didn't hear anything about a check, just a plan...However..If we do...Then Barrack will have bought me my DJ!! Hahahahahahaha

Can you tell I don't want to work today??hijacked.gif
As far as the favors- i figured i would spend the extra dough and FedEx them- that way i'm sure they get there. And i will alreayd be there when they arrive( id on't like the idea of my package beating me there). We are arriving 5 days before the wedding- so i'm not really worrying about it.

I've already filled out the passport forms and everything (i just need to go and trun them in!) i just love putting things off!! although i must say i am very proud that i have gotten so much accomplished!!

i was hoping for the extra cash for the DJ too- maybe i'll get a huge tax refund!!!
then i will totally get the lighted dance floor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marie, I dont know how much the video is on its own. But dont ditch the package its the best deal. And the video is 100% worth it. I was anti the video the whole time, until I watched it. I would have been sad if we hadnt done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
Marie, I dont know how much the video is on its own. But dont ditch the package its the best deal. And the video is 100% worth it. I was anti the video the whole time, until I watched it. I would have been sad if we hadnt done it.
Prob is i've dropped form 27 guests to 6 so i really don't think its going to be worth it. Would you have done the package for 6? I've got my own photographer so I don't need that I don't need 14 meals either so its a bit of a bugger!! WAHHHHHHHHHHH I may kill my freaking friends but mostly FI's lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
Marie, I dont know how much the video is on its own. But dont ditch the package its the best deal. And the video is 100% worth it. I was anti the video the whole time, until I watched it. I would have been sad if we hadnt done it.
I agree. I had a friend who did the video while in Cancun for her wedding and it was awesome to go back as a group and look at. I am upgrading this part of my package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki317 View Post
I have some questions too!

i was reading one post that said it was dark by like 5 o'clock on the beach- my wedding is at 6- now i'm kind of freaking out! also, we're having the coctail hour on the terrace but the reception will be on the beach- has any one done this? will it be too windy on the beach? I though i had everything under control and now i'm second guessing everything!! and we have 99 days left!!!!
The sun does not set until like 6:30 or so but I actually moved my wedding up from 6 to 5. I am having my reception on the beach, too, and After reading some posts on the forum, they suggested to get as many daytime photos in as possible. Once the sun sets, it will be quite dark on the beach which will not be very good for photos. This way I will have lots of daytime photos, a few sunset photos and some evening photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, well that changes things. Send an email to Claudia, and see what she says the price is for the video dude. It of course will take her 3 weeks to get back to you, but oh well.

 

Do you know if your photog has someone that does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
Ok, well that changes things. Send an email to Claudia, and see what she says the price is for the video dude. It of course will take her 3 weeks to get back to you, but oh well.

Do you know if your photog has someone that does it.
Lol yeah I know i said i'd contact her in Feb so i'll do that lol

Never thought of the photographer DOH!! lol Checked her site so once I have a price from Claudia i'll ask her see what she says FI still can't decide whether he wants one especially as its going to be over quick lol There are not going to be enough people to run interference from FMIL so I WILL NOT be hanging around lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Any one know how much the vid is on it's own? I'm trying to work out whether I need to ditch the package or not lol
does your photographer offer videography services? if so, i'd just go with them and ditch the package. get the free wedding, and eat together in one of the restaurants or all go off property somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
does your photographer offer videography services? if so, i'd just go with them and ditch the package. get the free wedding, and eat together in one of the restaurants or all go off property somewhere.
Now that is why i like you lol an even better idea don't pay for anyone lol there is the rainforest cafe next door and i love that place lol might see if i can contact them and see if i can arrange for a table for us once i have defo numbers that will probs be better anyway then everyone can have what they want - cheers for that.

They are going to hate having to give me the $1325 back lol mind you i bet they find a reason to hang on to it!!!!!!!! then by the time you get there there will be one less wedding co-ordinator as she'll be swimming with the fishes lol S&M.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×