Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Okay, I have a question about the sound equipment for the ceremony. Does some one have a photo with where the person running the music is at (or a description will do)? Could you hook up any type of media player, i.e. iPod, CD, laptop? I am most curious about the laptop one because I have been trying to find a guitar version of canon in d and the only one I can find that I love is a guy on youtube (YouTube - Pachelbel Canon in D (fingerstyle guitar)). I figured out how to save it into my itunes but it still plays as a video and therefor not on my iPod. Just curious where the music person is at for the ceremony so I can determine if it would be a crappy place for a family member to spend the very first part of the wedding baby sitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Okay, I have a question about the sound equipment for the ceremony. Does some one have a photo with where the person running the music is at (or a description will do)? Could you hook up any type of media player, i.e. iPod, CD, laptop? I am most curious about the laptop one because I have been trying to find a guitar version of canon in d and the only one I can find that I love is a guy on youtube (YouTube - Pachelbel Canon in D (fingerstyle guitar)). I figured out how to save it into my itunes but it still plays as a video and therefor not on my iPod. Just curious where the music person is at for the ceremony so I can determine if it would be a crappy place for a family member to spend the very first part of the wedding baby sitting.

Ok if you are looking at the gazebo he is on the far right. Past where the Grooms side sits. I had my IPOD hooked up to their system. I also had one of Ryan's friends "babysit" for the first part. He could still see. I would reccommend having your FI that if the officiant is standing too far away that you guys want to use the microphone. My officiant stood at the bottom of the gazebo and had the microphone and nobody could hear Ryan or I saw our vows.
I don't know if you could hook up a laptop but I don't know why not if you can hook up an IPOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
Has anyone here had their reception in the ballroom? All the pictures I have seen of the ballroom make me believe that it it pretty dark in there. I also can not tell how big of a space it is. Also, would you spend your money on the ballroom decorations?
Yea, the only sucky thing about the ballroom is that it's not very 'destination weddinglike'. We could have done something similar at home. However, with the weather situation we definitely were happy with it. The air conditioning was awesome...especially because my dress was hot! The set up was very nice. I didn't do any decorations (except I had chair bows) and they had centerpieces on the tables with candles and it was really pretty. About the lighting... i didn't really notice it being dark. We hired a DJ and he brought a lot of crazy lights and strobes and stuff so once the music started, it was like a dance club. It wasn't what I expected but it was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Okay, I have a question about the sound equipment for the ceremony. Does some one have a photo with where the person running the music is at (or a description will do)? Could you hook up any type of media player, i.e. iPod, CD, laptop? I am most curious about the laptop one because I have been trying to find a guitar version of canon in d and the only one I can find that I love is a guy on youtube (YouTube - Pachelbel Canon in D (fingerstyle guitar)). I figured out how to save it into my itunes but it still plays as a video and therefor not on my iPod. Just curious where the music person is at for the ceremony so I can determine if it would be a crappy place for a family member to spend the very first part of the wedding baby sitting.
I think that I have a guitar version of this that I 'got' from the internet somewhere. Do I have your email address already? I will look and try to email it to you. It may be too big but I'm pretty sure that I sent a bunch of music to Kat so hopefully it will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married in June 2009 and I am using Juan Navarro, the photographer through the resort. I reviewed his website and I was pleased with his work. He responded to my questions and he wrote me an e-mail as follows:

 

 

I am honored you like my job and I will be more than happy to help you.

I cannot sell or offer any packages different from the ones your wedding

coordinator has already offered you. For any information regarding the

packages please do not hesitate to contact Claudia Cantillo, your wedding

coordinator.

Indeed, the Dreams Ultimate Wedding package includes 50 printed pictures in

an album and the same pictures in a CD. For this package I shoot around

250 pictures, and if you are interested in having all the pictures taken in

a CD you can do so for an extra fee.

If I can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact

me.

Sincerely,

Juan Navarro

 

 

I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about the photographer at Dreams Cancun. I am just finding it easier to just use all the resources available through the resort. The simpler the better for me.

 

Tina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cweigner5 View Post
I'm getting married in June 2009 and I am using Juan Navarro, the photographer through the resort. I reviewed his website and I was pleased with his work. He responded to my questions and he wrote me an e-mail as follows:


I am honored you like my job and I will be more than happy to help you.
I cannot sell or offer any packages different from the ones your wedding
coordinator has already offered you. For any information regarding the
packages please do not hesitate to contact Claudia Cantillo, your wedding
coordinator.
Indeed, the Dreams Ultimate Wedding package includes 50 printed pictures in
an album and the same pictures in a CD. For this package I shoot around
250 pictures, and if you are interested in having all the pictures taken in
a CD you can do so for an extra fee.
If I can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact
me.
Sincerely,
Juan Navarro


I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about the photographer at Dreams Cancun. I am just finding it easier to just use all the resources available through the resort. The simpler the better for me.

Tina
Cheers for that!! I wish the ARSE would answer my emails I've been emailing him for months with no luck! So much so i've booked my TTD with someone else and i'd have happily gone with thim to make life easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Cheers for that!! I wish the ARSE would answer my emails I've been emailing him for months with no luck! So much so i've booked my TTD with someone else and i'd have happily gone with thim to make life easy
yeah i was surprised to see someone actually got an answer from him because i knew you'd had no luck at all!

i think his photos look fine. seems that when we go thru dreams we'll have to pay to get all the photos on disc but if he's taking 250 i don't want him choosing which 50 are the best. i want them all, so i'll definitely be buying the disc no matter what. i work in photoshop all day and would be able to make even not-so-great photos look pretty damn good. besides, what if the only picture of a grandparent doesn't make his cut? i'd be pissed. i think his work looks plenty good enough for me, but they all seem stretched out on his site (disproportionately tall or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
yeah i was surprised to see someone actually got an answer from him because i knew you'd had no luck at all!

i think his photos look fine. seems that when we go thru dreams we'll have to pay to get all the photos on disc but if he's taking 250 i don't want him choosing which 50 are the best. i want them all, so i'll definitely be buying the disc no matter what. i work in photoshop all day and would be able to make even not-so-great photos look pretty damn good. besides, what if the only picture of a grandparent doesn't make his cut? i'd be pissed. i think his work looks plenty good enough for me, but they all seem stretched out on his site (disproportionately tall or something).
Maybe he just doesn't like my name lmao

Too damn right there is no way he is picking the 50 pics i mean wtf.gif would I want one for FMIL in there for!!! Saying that i'd pay him extra to fuck those ones up lmao

I think he likes photoshop too much for me he'll have to do some major photoshop on FI to get rid of the gut and bags under the eyes lmao He just sent me a pic god he looks like crap lmao I think its the 6 weeks without a break lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Ok if you are looking at the gazebo he is on the far right. Past where the Grooms side sits. I had my IPOD hooked up to their system. I also had one of Ryan's friends "babysit" for the first part. He could still see. I would reccommend having your FI that if the officiant is standing too far away that you guys want to use the microphone. My officiant stood at the bottom of the gazebo and had the microphone and nobody could hear Ryan or I saw our vows.
I don't know if you could hook up a laptop but I don't know why not if you can hook up an IPOD.
Okay, that helps-- thank you! I will take the advice of having the officiant stand closer, that is lame that people couldn't hear you as that is the whole point of paying so much for stereo equipment for 10 minutes. The version of Canon in D Dawn sent me is great so I can use my iPod, phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
I think that I have a guitar version of this that I 'got' from the internet somewhere. Do I have your email address already? I will look and try to email it to you. It may be too big but I'm pretty sure that I sent a bunch of music to Kat so hopefully it will work.
Thank you for the song, I appreciate it!! So, did you ask them for centerpieces? I'm getting the idea that if you don't 'order' it from them, they put stuff up anyways because they did that with one other gal. I think they must try to sell it first but then do it anyways because they want it to look nice too because other people will see the weddings and want to have their wedding there in the future... ?? Was it the same that Kat had-- vase with sand and I think a shell or something? Trying to decide if I should just leave the centerpieces alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
  • Topics

×