Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

I think what susan was asking is if these pics are just BM bouquets and yes they are. The other file from claudia with bouquets are the bridal bouquets.

or maybe you were asking if the bouquets in the ppt file could be used for bm's, I don't think so, its probably more money. But its a good question for claudia.

I spoke to a bride when I was at Dreams and she said they simply burned all their music to a CD from their IPod at home. All music was pre-selected; upbeat music for their cocktail reception (bride and groome were taking pictures), soothing music for dinner, and dancing music after. We actually observed from a far and we are going to do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
The DJ we are using (which Claudia referred us to), has been very acommodating. They will play whatever you want. You just have to e-mail them a list of songs and if they don't already have it, they said they will get it. The DJ is also an MC and will meet with you at the hotel before the wedding to go over details.
That makes me feel better. The prices for a DJ or just the sound system are very close too. Thank you Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
That makes me feel better. The prices for a DJ or just the sound system are very close too. Thank you Susan!
Did you say you spoke or contacted the Dreams Cancun Dj directly? If so, may you send over contact info, please. Our wedding is in less than a month and we are still preparing for music. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENDASTAR View Post
Did you say you spoke or contacted the Dreams Cancun Dj directly? If so, may you send over contact info, please. Our wedding is in less than a month and we are still preparing for music. thanks!
Hi Brenda, it sounds like Susan did up above, I was just responding to her :)

Here is the package/pricing information for the DJ that Claudia put me in contact with. I think I've posted it before somewhere, but thought I'd do it again to make it easier to find. This is the e-mail address of the man I've been corresponding with. His name is Kim. <kimh@ps-av.com.mx>

DJ___Wedding_Package.pdf

I'm planning on using the minister that Dreams provides. We are going to do the legal ceremony before we leave to avoid the hassle when we get there. Does anyone know anything about the minister? Are we able to meet with him/her beforehand? I'm wondering how much we will be able to customize the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
I'm planning on using the minister that Dreams provides. We are going to do the legal ceremony before we leave to avoid the hassle when we get there. Does anyone know anything about the minister? Are we able to meet with him/her beforehand? I'm wondering how much we will be able to customize the ceremony.
We are going to do the same thing... darn it, I sent Claudia an email today and did not ask her that... I have to start another list. I did ask her if email was easier or if I should call her to discuss.

Susan, I don't know anything about the minister, but here is the non legal ceremony wording claudia sent to someone (I don't remember who), but I'm assuming you can change it, I don't see why that would be a big deal.

Wedding ministry

1.- Scripture of Genesis “ And God created man on His own image ....Gen 1:27

2.- Welcome words: We have come together, family and friends…..

3.- Pray about the ceremony and for the couple

4.- Brief sermon about love: 1Cor 13

Love is patience love is kind, it does not envy,….

5.- Response questions, to groom and to bride, do you come on your free will and with a consicious desire to be united in marriage with….?

6.- Exchange of traditional vows: with groom and wife

I___ take you ___ to be my wedded wife ,to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poores in sickness and in health and forsaking all others I give myself only and always to you until death do us part

And so with the bride…

6.- Exchange of rings

What token of love and fidelity do you have to seal the pact we are doing today?

_____ receive this ring as a symbol of my life that I am giving you today and always, with this ring I thee wed

and so the bride

7.- Pronouncements: Because you ___ and ___ have exchange before us your promises of eternal love, and in our presence you have exchange symbols which make this pact visible

I as a servant of the Living God pronounce you before The Father, Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit and the community as husband and wife.

So you are no more two but only one, what God had joined together let no man separate.

Congratulations!!! You may kiss your Bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucka00 View Post
Here's a little bit of a weird question, do you now if we can do without the ministerhuh.gif We are having the religious ceremony at home and we actually want our good friend (Michael's best friend) to "marry" us in Mexico. I guess I should let Claudia know that we will not need the services of the minister and maybe get a credit for that part of the package! What do you girlies thinkhuh.gif
Yes!! That would make it just that much more special! I would think she would give you the credit.