Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Nadine, it is great to see another Calgarian on here!!! Go Flames!!! lol...First off, let me start by saying a big congrats to you!!! When is your wedding date? We'll probably get to know each other on here pretty well over the next year or so :) It seems like a great place to get some of your questions answered and to get ideas :)

Anyway, another couple questions to anybody who can answer them for me....we want to get married on Oct 10, 2010---but that seems to be a Sunday. Does anyone know if they perform ceremonies on Sundays? If they do, is anything open...bars, etc...?

Also, are most people getting legally married before they actually go away? Is it a requirement? Why??

Thanks all and Congratulations to everyone!!!!smile03.gif
My wedding date is on August 10th, 2010. I am super excited even though its so far away. We too are getting legally married here before leaving as FI is not a needle person (by any scope of the imangination) and I'm pretty sure he would totally chicken out, and it saves alot of paperwork and translating. You can't get married at city hall in Calgary as you can in many other cities though, you have to choose a justice of the peace and have a small ceremony with, usually in their home as far as I know. It seems like it will be a fairly smooth process so we are deffinatley going that route.

If you do have a legal ceremony in mexico then you can't have it on a Sunday but if you get maried first you can do it any day of the week! Ours is going to be on a tuesday night.

If you have the time, I know it takes forever as i did it, there is some great info in this thread if you read all 340 pages.... That being said if you have any specific questions I am happy to help you with anything.

I'd love to hear some details if you have made any decisions yet such as colors or ceremony/reception locations etc.

Congrats Again!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitam View Post
Maria, you must be soo excited! I cant wait to read your review before I go away for mine b/c I know yours will be very detailed!!! Are you done all your planning and stuff?
I am getting very excited! I just went for my first dress fitting today. I promise to write a long, detailed review with lots of pics when I get back. This thread helped me with every last detail and I hope mine will help future Dreams brides. Most of my planning is done. I am just trying to finish up getting everything for the OOT bags and I have a coupel other little things to do like writing out the table number cards, notes to guests, etc. I am ready to be in Cancun!!

I am excited to say that after many issues with AirCanadaVacations I just paid deposits for our wedding to the TA and have a confirmed wedding date! I am so excited to finally have all of the travel stuff worked out so I can move on to the more exciting parts of planning!!

Ok, enough of my rambling, I had to share the exciting news with someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Jessica View Post
Okay...so we leave on Wednesday to go to Dreams and I just realized that we don't have a DJ. Do they handle this when you get there? I e-mailed Cecilia and got no response.

Panicking a little bit!
the only outside DJ they allow into dreams to do wedding is DJ Mannia, who you probably need to book through your WC. or you can just rent the sound system for your reception and bring your own music. there is a sound technician that comes with the system that will play the right songs when they need to be on and blend the music for you. We are particular about our music and have tons of songs that we want to play for our wedding so we just got the sound system and are burning our cds and labelling them for the technician (dinnner music, first dance, cake cutting, dance, etc)

hope you have an awesome wedding!!!

Well ladies, I am getting married in exactly one month from today. The countdown is officially on and I am getting so excited. It's definitely time to tie up all the loose ends and get ready for a great trip:) How are the other October/November brides doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5363 View Post
Well ladies, I am getting married in exactly one month from today. The countdown is officially on and I am getting so excited. It's definitely time to tie up all the loose ends and get ready for a great trip:) How are the other October/November brides doing?
Hey maria, do you or any of the recent brides have a recent copy of the ministers speech for a symbolic wedding? thanks!

Hi ladies!!

I just joined the forum and I'm so glad that I did. We got back from Dreams last week and it was amazing. Seems like we are all having trouble getting responses from Cecilia and Claudia. I'm using a calling card tom to speak with one of them. If anyone has a specific question post it and I'll try to get a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5363 View Post
Good luck with everything....remember to have fun!!!!! Let us know how it goes :)