Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelZavs20 View Post
Just yesterday we officially put the deposit down at Dreams Cancun....our date is 8/9/10!!! I am so excited, we opted for the Ultimate Package, but there are so many things that we wont use/want since it seems everyone on here was able to trade some things for others...can some one fill me in on how this works? Did your coordinator give you a detailed list of each items value? i just dont know how to go about asking to change things....
I know everyone gets really frustrated with the whole trade process. Some people get one thing, others get another. The thing to keep in mind is that you are actually getting a bargain by doing the package because if you price everything out individually you will be paying a LOT more. So even though you may not get all the trades you want, or not get what you feel is the full value of the trade, you are still getting a great price.

And of course you always have the option to do a smaller package, that you don't need to make a lot of trades with or not do a package at all and just buy everything a la carte.

Believe me, I was in the same position that all of you were and I wanted my trades for the stuff I wasn't using! So I know how you feel!

But we have to remember that they are running a business as well and have to do what is the most cost effective for them. I think they have really put a tight leash on the wedding coordinators and what they will allow now for trade.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabutler816 View Post
I am that weekend as well!
Maybe we will see u there!! :-)

Help does anyoneeeee know how many people the round tables in ballroom seat? 8 or 10?
The round tables that I used (on the terrace, but they are probably the same) seat 8-10 ppl. We had some tables with 6,8,10 and they all seemed perfectly comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
Hi, Im still undecided about our menu and need to get that done this weekend! Anyone have any suggestions on what was awesome and what was not so hot?! Thank you in advance! :) Ahhhh 2 more weeks!
We actually decided the menu the day before the wedding when we met with Claudia. She showed us pictures of the food and let us choose whatever we wanted, mixing and matching items from the silver and gold menus. Everyone said their food was great, and I really liked just doing it when we were there. If you can stand to wait, I highly recommend taking care of that while you are down there.

As for what tasted good, I didnt eat much but really enjoyed the chinese chicken salad. The jerk chicken wasnt overly tasty, but it was a good chicken option. My friends said they really liked the fish, I believe it was sea bass with lobster sauce. I also liked the traditional Mexican wedding cake, tres leches. I thought it was tasty.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi,

I am getting married Nov. 7th and have had my reception location and times changed on me. I think I may be stuck with the spa terrace as of now. I am so bummed out. I don't even think there is a view of the ocean from there and isn't that the whole reason we do destination weddings in Cancun? I feel I am being moved around due to a large wedding that is more important but I don't have that confirmed. I would be so grateful if anyone could give me pros and cons of having my reception in the spa terrace or the garden as I think these may be my only two options. I just feel the garden is so out in the open it wouldn't feel private at all and weird dancing away with so many onlookers? Or, does anyone know any other locations that I could look into that have an ocean view? By the way, we booked Dreams 17 months in advance. I am feeling a bit down...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle613 View Post
Simbaism, love your pics! They were beautiful. & Cassondra, thanks for the review it was really good and the pics were great as well and cant wait to see the pro ones
Thanks! Juan did an awesome job! He is so sweet and fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Hi all,

I've posted this question on a couple different threads but haven't gotten a lot of response. Was just wondering if anyone has used the Caribbean Trio or if anyone knows anything about what that kind of music is. I will most likely use either that or the Mariachi during my cocktail hour. I've heard good things about the Mariachi band but if there is something that sounds more tropical I would really like that. I'd like to hear a sample, but not sure where to find it.

Any help you can provide would be great!
We had the mexican trio playing while we arrived to the reception. The guests LOVED IT! When then used the sound system for the remainder of the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andim View Post
Hello! I am still considering several resorts around Cancun and was wondering if anyone knows what the beaches are like at Dreams? I know it has several, but are they any that have waves w/ minimal rocks? From the pictures they all seemed to be more like a lagoon.
There is a variety of beachs. There is no break in the waves but it does still have the sounds of the beach. I am not a big fan of the "lagoon Type Beaches" but I avsolutely loved the beaches at Dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Hey all, I have a question for all the brides who have already been married at Dreams. Call me petty, but I am kind of worried about the noise level during out ceremony and reception. We are only having 15 people at the wedding, and I checked and found that all rooms are booked during our stay. There are only a few dolphin view rooms left, but everything else is booked. Did any of you have a problem with people being loud or obnoxious who werent part of your group? If so, how did you handle it? If not, how would you recommend I handle it? Thanks!
No problem for us. We did not pay any attention anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelZavs20 View Post
Just yesterday we officially put the deposit down at Dreams Cancun....our date is 8/9/10!!! I am so excited, we opted for the Ultimate Package, but there are so many things that we wont use/want since it seems everyone on here was able to trade some things for others...can some one fill me in on how this works? Did your coordinator give you a detailed list of each items value? i just dont know how to go about asking to change things....
Congrats on your date. No you do not get a list of each item value, you just have to find out what she will allow you to trade certain items for. They are offered at discount rates since it is a package so she gives you things to trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiperwedding View Post
Hi,

I am getting married Nov. 7th and have had my reception location and times changed on me. I think I may be stuck with the spa terrace as of now. I am so bummed out. I don't even think there is a view of the ocean from there and isn't that the whole reason we do destination weddings in Cancun? I feel I am being moved around due to a large wedding that is more important but I don't have that confirmed. I would be so grateful if anyone could give me pros and cons of having my reception in the spa terrace or the garden as I think these may be my only two options. I just feel the garden is so out in the open it wouldn't feel private at all and weird dancing away with so many onlookers? Or, does anyone know any other locations that I could look into that have an ocean view? By the way, we booked Dreams 17 months in advance. I am feeling a bit down...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
OMG!! That freaking sucks! I am so sorry. The spa area is beautiful!! We spent alot of time in the outdoor area. I would certainly find out why you were booted!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Hey all, I have a question for all the brides who have already been married at Dreams. Call me petty, but I am kind of worried about the noise level during out ceremony and reception. We are only having 15 people at the wedding, and I checked and found that all rooms are booked during our stay. There are only a few dolphin view rooms left, but everything else is booked. Did any of you have a problem with people being loud or obnoxious who werent part of your group? If so, how did you handle it? If not, how would you recommend I handle it? Thanks!
Hi!!

I am the reason the hotel is sold out. sad.gif Im sorry!! I also have 5 guests ho have to stay elsewhere. We have 50 rooms. I have 75+ guests for my wedding. I had no idea but I can assure you this. We will be very good and make sure your day does not go interrupted wink.gif Brides honor!

What time is your wedding? We are having a party in teh bar lobby from 7-10, so we will def be 'out the way' now for the other guests booked that have nothing to do with my wedding..ummm I cant say how well behaved they will be. sad.gif I pray VERY WELL. Soo excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiperwedding View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
OMG! That is so awful!! I am getting married 2 days before you at Dreams and would be absolutely livid if they changed my date. I would tell them no way! You already have a signed contract and they have to honor it. If not, I would definitely fight for tons of comps and large price breaks. I am outraged that they would do this to a bride 3 months before her big day. I want to call and yell at them for you!