Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i keep saying that maybe i'll get all this stuff right at my next wedding, lol! don't get me wrong, my wedding was amazing ... just little things i wish we had done (or not done) ... photos we forgot to have taken, etc. (my photogs were awesome--the things we missed were totally NOT their fault!) ... the time just flies by so fast, and before you know it, it's over and you're left wishing you could do it all again!

I know, I feel the same way. My wedding was beautful but time goes by soo fast. It was getting late after ceremony so photographer wante to hurry up and take pics of us away from gazebo so we didn't get any pics or video from cocktail. Some of my relatives have pics but I wish I was in them.

Probably a stupid question but did anyone legalize it out there?? Why do they make you get bloodwork?? I am assuming its to check for STD's or Swine..haha No I just find it kind of scary to get blood work done in another country I guess mostly because i dont think in this state you have to get bloodwork prior to getting hitched... When do they give you the results??

Quote:
Originally Posted by June_Dreams View Post
Probably a stupid question but did anyone legalize it out there?? Why do they make you get bloodwork?? I am assuming its to check for STD's or Swine..haha No I just find it kind of scary to get blood work done in another country I guess mostly because i dont think in this state you have to get bloodwork prior to getting hitched... When do they give you the results??
we did the legal wedding. we were sent home with one copy of our marriage certificate, but it is entirely in spanish. we are waiting to receive the translated, notarized copy in the mail (can take up to 8 weeks, i think), so we can submit them to the powers that be here in the U.S. and have it legally recognized here.

the blood tests are honestly no big deal. in the U.S. you used to need blood tests done, but it's been rescinded on a state by state basis over the past 10-15 years. they are testing for STDs, mainly HIV and syphilis i think. your WC will let you know the time and day of your test. you don't have to refrain from drinking the night before (i asked, lol), they just do it first thing in the morning so it's on an empty stomach. the resort doc will come to your room along with someone from security. they make sure it's you, have you sign something, and then honestly do the quickest, most painless blood test ever. tom's immediate reaction was, "way better than in america!" she took the time to find a good spot *first* rather than poking around. took one small vial of blood and that's it. i tend to bruise very easily but did not get any bruising at the puncture site.

we never got any results, lol, but our wedding was allowed to happen two days later, so i guess we're all good! i actually would like to receive *something* lol ... would be cool to have something in spanish saying we're HIV-free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitam View Post
Lisa, thank you so much for sharing all your pictures with us! they are so beautiful! congrats :) hope to read your review soon!
Lisa, congratulations!!!!!! I cannot wait till my big day!! I am getting impatient as I hear everyone's awesome reviews and pictures!!

Where are your pictures posted? I would love to see them! Please share!

Again, congrats!

Hey Lisa,

Surprisingly, after our 3 hour Dinner last week, I have managed to find a another question that I have for you!! :-)

Was the exchange rate bad when you paid for the wedding? Was the total alot different then the final total amount she told you? It wasn't the same was it?

I was planning on taking cash with us to Cancun or just using Joe's card for other things,and just leaving the amount of the wedding on my Card, but I don't want to be short, if the exchange rate makes the total higher, ya know? Am I even making sense?

I can't believe I will be in Mexico by this time next Saturday!!! I m so excited!!