Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

IMPORTANT!

i knew the salon was bad at nails from other ladies' reviews, but what i did NOT know is that they don't do ANY fake nails there. NONE! i got a full set of tips done (pink-n-white process) before i left for cancun, and while the french looked beautiful, my nails for some reason looked like 3 weeks' worth of growth FAST and the salon was unable to do any fill-ins. i was super glad i had done a full set and not just gotten tips on the few fingernails that were short, because if i had broken any real nails i would have been out of luck!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure what her name is on here but she just got married Memorial Weekend in Paradisus (Beautiful) she has been my friend since we were kids and well we ended up planning our weddings so close i wasn’t able to attend hers sad.gif how she is attending mine is beyond me..

OMG thank god you said that i was thinking should just bring an extra pack of lee press ons JUST IN CASE i also get white french tips and am so scared of breaking a nail.. Do they at least do good toes?? Who do you recommend for Hair for me?? I know there are two i think Myrna is the one everyone said for me to use!!

Oh yeah and how was your video ladies?? Did it come out nicehuh.gif Was it worth it??

marisol did my hair, and it was pretty much exactly what i asked for (i had pictures with me to give her an idea). i did get nervous when i first walked in, because sylvia had posted that the taller of the two girls didn't know what they were doing, and marisol was definitely the taller one! i was pleased with what she did. i have to say i haven't heard my hair sizzle like that since the 80s tho, LOL! she would spray it, then curl it in the hot curling iron (sizzle!) and then spray again! she also took it upon herself to round up some flowers for my flower girl's hair, and also had some shimmer stuff that she put on me "for luck." she was very sweet. the other chick did my mom's hair, MOH, and one of my sisters, and they were all pretty pleased with their hair as well. she seemed to be a lot quicker. and if we had ended up with a windy day (we didn't, somehow), none of their hair would have moved at all. mine was only half up, and loose (it was how i asked for it ... marisol did express her concern) but i got lucky with the wind.

some of my group got manicures there. they took forever, didn't look that great, and were chipping by a day later. not sure if anyone got their toes done. my MOH brought cheap press-on nails with her, put them on that morning, and had the best nails of us all, lol.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for late response, I am still in vacation mood LOL! I can't wait to give my review. It was the best time of my life. I had soo much fun. I want to do it again every month (of course someone else would have to pay for it). I met Lisa (mummergirl) there and it was so good to talk to someone else that was going thru the same as me. I received my video on Tuesday and it was awesome, we cried the whole time. I can't wait to get pics back from photographer.

Lisa your pic looks great! You looked so beautiful, I can't wait to see more pictures

LOL, tamika! we *laughed* through our whole video ... but we loved it as well. the ceremony goes by so fast, so it's nice to actually hear everything that was said, and he captured so many little moments ... it brings back everything we were feeling, and the angles, transitions, panning in and out, etc. were nicer than i had expected. also, it was SO nice to receive the video the VERY NEXT DAY! since we had an "extended" video (our trade for not using the resort photographer), he had followed our photographers around, so we were able to get a good idea of how our pictures would look! he took the cd we had burned for the ceremony sound guy to use in the video, and then just added some of his own songs to it as well. it's not an *amazing* video or anything, but definitely an important keepsake of the day and i'm so glad we have it. if it is part of your package, don't skip it, ladies! i wish i knew how to make it online-postable but i'm clueless!

tamika, welcome home, MRS! (i saw your DH on the morning of your wedding and he was cool as anything ... not nervous at all!) did you guys ever get the flowers? i remembered as we were checking out to try to send them to your room, but i figure they didn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackquack View Post
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for late response, I am still in vacation mood LOL! I can't wait to give my review. It was the best time of my life. I had soo much fun. I want to do it again every month (of course someone else would have to pay for it). I met Lisa (mummergirl) there and it was so good to talk to someone else that was going thru the same as me. I received my video on Tuesday and it was awesome, we cried the whole time. I can't wait to get pics back from photographer.
Lisa your pic looks great! You looked so beautiful, I can't wait to see more pictures
Congratulations! I am so glad things went well. I can't wait to read your review!!

No, I did not get flowerssad.gif but that's okay. I actually had my flowers sent to my room because I couldn't even think about them trashing after the wedding. The housekeeper was so sweet. While we were gone she placed all the flowers around our room...it was beautiful.

Was you able to take the top of your cake home?

i figured they wouldn't do it. oh well, it was worth a shot. they were so beautiful, it seems a shame they got thrown out after only 2 days. i didn't take the cake ... i didn't even try. the cake was such a waste ... it was delicious and made for a few good photos, but so much of it went uneaten, and we kept forgetting to have it sent via room service. my MOH took her bouquet home tho with no problem, so i'm wishing i had at least attempted it.