Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Hey

I didnt write any review online but have links to my wedding pics if you want to email me I'll forward the link to you. Our wedding was featured in a wedding magazine recently and everyone is raving about the pics all of our guests are still talking about the wedding and say that no other wedding they go to will be able to top it. I can answer any questions anyone may have if they want to email me mrsgood@ymail.com

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi! i'll let you guys know when my review is posted ... it's kinda overwhelming to do it ... i've started a few times and realized it was crazy long already just going over the travel part. i'm way too wordy! someone needs to tell me to shut up LOL. AND my photographers have already released my photos (talk about FAST) so i've been trying to pick the favorites.

joanna, i have no idea why the power outages happened, but i know i felt so bad for poor claudia stuck in the elevator (and was pretty apprehensive about getting in there myself)! after we were back home, i heard about the 7.1 magnitude earthquake off the coasts of honduras and belize that happened early on the day of my wedding. kinda doubt that was in any way related to the power outages tho, so it must have been those pesky flu piggies. wink.gif

simbasim, i scrapped so many things at the last minute. no one but me had any idea. my advice is, if it will stress you, just skip it. no one will care once they're drinking a double mango tango. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpocahontas View Post
Have my wedding pics on facebook if any of you are on there and want to see just request me as a friend......Lenore Collins

My wedding pics Feb 5th 2009
just requested you on facebook.

btw ladies, i met fellow BDW bride, quackquack (tamika) at dreams. we were both so excited it was silly. since they were still going to be there past when we were leaving, i attempted to have our wedding flowers sent to her room before we left. figured someone should enjoy them. not sure if they followed through with my request or not tho. i saw her FI (DH now!) eating breakfast the morning of their wedding and he was so cool ... not nervous at all. great weather that day too. CONGRATS, girl!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpocahontas View Post
Have my wedding pics on facebook if any of you are on there and want to see just request me as a friend......Lenore Collins

My wedding pics Feb 5th 2009
I just sent you a friend request too...can't wait to see the pics!!

CHAIR BOWS/SASHES.....

Has anyone purchased their own chair bows?? If so. Where did you purchase them? And who ties them on the chairs? If you bring your own bows do you have to pay them to tie them onto the chairs for you? If so how much? Do they take the same chairs into the reception with the bows already on them? Lotsss of questions I know.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! :-)

40 booked + and counting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
hi! i'll let you guys know when my review is posted ... it's kinda overwhelming to do it ... i've started a few times and realized it was crazy long already just going over the travel part. i'm way too wordy! someone needs to tell me to shut up LOL. AND my photographers have already released my photos (talk about FAST) so i've been trying to pick the favorites.

joanna, i have no idea why the power outages happened, but i know i felt so bad for poor claudia stuck in the elevator (and was pretty apprehensive about getting in there myself)! after we were back home, i heard about the 7.1 magnitude earthquake off the coasts of honduras and belize that happened early on the day of my wedding. kinda doubt that was in any way related to the power outages tho, so it must have been those pesky flu piggies. wink.gif

simbasim, i scrapped so many things at the last minute. no one but me had any idea. my advice is, if it will stress you, just skip it. no one will care once they're drinking a double mango tango. wink.gif
The more info the better! It's the details that we all get hung up on so it is great to read about the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabutler816 View Post
CHAIR BOWS/SASHES.....

Has anyone purchased their own chair bows?? If so. Where did you purchase them? And who ties them on the chairs? If you bring your own bows do you have to pay them to tie them onto the chairs for you? If so how much? Do they take the same chairs into the reception with the bows already on them? Lotsss of questions I know.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! :-)

40 booked + and counting!!!
i, along with most ladies here, bought mine from weddinglinensdirect.com. super cheap (less than $1 per sash, i think ... don't remember)! if you give them the sashes, they set it all up and tie them without any additional charge to you. then they will move them to the next location as needed. i had a few extra and claudia tied them like streamers to the posts of the canopies on the terrace. looked nice.

i did think they tied them kinda funky tho. the center ones were tied with the bow in the middle, and the end chairs were tied on an angle with the bow off to the side (after seeing it, i actually prefer the side bow). i see what they were going for, but it would have looked better if they were all tied the same. so if you have a preference, make sure you specify.

Click the image to open in full size.