Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Wow I was just reading through this thread and I can't believe what everyone has been going through with this Swine Flu. I am so sorry to everyone who has to move their Weddings, Although I'm sure it's going to be Fabulous no matter what.

It sounds like for the most part everyone's guests have been supportive.

All of my guests have been great! They all said, they will be going to Cancun no matter what and they haev set my mind at ease. It;s the people who aren't even coming who are getting on my nerves. If one more person says, "Oh, what are you gonna do nowhuh.gif"

Its like, mind your business, eveything is ok!! LOL

Anyway...All the May brides I am excited for you!! Can't wait for pics & reviews!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to have you back!!!!smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
Lisa...It;s almost time!! YAY I'm so excited for you.

As you can see, I am back! LOL Un-Banned Officially! :)

When do you leave?

& All I have to say about this Swine Flu is...Where the hell was it when we booked our trip?? The prices have gone down for sure. I'm not sure if it's because of the Swine Flu, or if the AirFare has dropped, but either way, my last minute people are getting great deals!

this is from the dreams site! it only applies to new bookings, but might help convince a guest who panicked and canceled to rebook? and will definitely be great to tell any guests of weddings later this year who are still on the fence:

Flu Free Guarantee

If a guest contracts Influenza A - H1N1 while staying with us, their next three vacations will be free of charge. In order to qualify, the guest must have reserved their stay between May 8, 2009 and June 30, 2009 for travel taking place between May 8, 2009 and December 20, 2009. New reservations only.

There are many strands of H1N1, therefore it must be qualified as Influenza A - H1N1. The guest must provide positive blood results in addition to the certification of the doctor who performed the test in order to redeem the three free return stays.

The three return stays are valid for the original traveler plus one companion.

One complimentary stay per year over the same travel period as the original stay. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. Based on availability. Redeemed stays will be awarded for the same number of nights and in the same room category as the original stay.

In order to redeem, guests should contact customercare@amresorts.com.

I saw that on the website today and I don't know why, but it cracked me up!! LOL

"If you get the Swine Flu..Good for you! You get 3 paid vacations!! LMAO "

Honestly though, It does sound like a good idea and I am glad that they are addressing it like that, instead of just saying, Oh yea, we're clean :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicolb123 View Post
Does anyone know if Dreams books more than 1 wedding each day?
Actually I have a wedding twin just 1 hour after me. I emailed Claudia and asked about her staff becaue the wedding were so close together and she assured me they have plenty enought staff!

I am soo optimistic at this point. The news this am was great! Businesses and schools in Mexico City are opening back up and they say the Flu is not as bad as originally thought to be. I am so glad that I have you all to share this with. No matter what my friends say, they REALLY do not understand how difficult this is for us. I hope all of you May brides hang in there! I think you may be pleasantly surprise!
QUOTE]
I knew you would come around. Glad you're feeling better about thingssmile03.gif

Yes my "Wedding Twin" I will be there! Can't wait to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride View Post
Im about to leave to the bank, did anyone use their check card/visa out there to pay for their wedding or did they only take cash? Im a little skeptical about going to the bank and withdrawing so much cash at one.
Everyone please be sure to call your bank and be sure that your debit cards can be used out of the country. My FI bank does not allow out of country transactions. I am with Capital One and it was OK. I had to add my FI to my account so we could both use my account while in Mexico. The good thing is he is transferring all the money into my account!! LOL!