Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrimmer View Post
Does anyone know when you need to tell them your menu choices?

I picked out my menu choices when I got there...they only need like 2 days in advance! ... I wouldnt worry about it until you get there! =))

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanalovesyou View Post
I picked out my menu choices when I got there...they only need like 2 days in advance! ... I wouldnt worry about it until you get there! =))
Lana, thanks for the info.
Curious, so did you print out any menu for your guest ahead of time?

Also, did you bring your own music for ceremony??

Has anyone hear back from the WC at all these 2 weeks? I sent an email asking them in photography credit for ceremony sound system, 3 weeks, never heard back from them at all after Gaby is gone...

Quote:
You can go to Azucar every single night and get two complimentary drinks...to tell you the truth they barely ever write down how many drinks you have anyways. Its a nice little bar for sure but not many people go there for some reason! blush2.gif
probably because they can get unlimited free drinks at the resort! shots.gif

i think we'll want to go for karaoke night there ... we will have to pre-game the drinking at the resort first though because 2 drinks isn't quite enough to get any of us to sing in public! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i just got my stuff together to send my birth certificate for apostille. originally my TA said claudia said original birth certificate was fine, but i don't think claudia understood her. i wrote to claudia asking if we needed the apostille, OR just our original birth certificates, and her answer was "yes, please." it wasn't a yes/no question! so we're getting our apostilles to be safe! also, i had no idea we were supposed to send copies of all our paperwork a month in advance until someone posted about it on here ... when was claudia gonna tell me that, when it was too late?

all you ladies doing symbolic ceremonies have it so good ... i envy you!
You are joking! I specifically asked her that and she said it was fine - I swear to freaking hell I'm gonna knack her lol I've sent ANOTHER email asking her if she needs the stuff before we get there lol There again not sure I care at the mo lol I can't even decide whether I want to do it anymore lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpacco View Post
Lana, thanks for the info.
Curious, so did you print out any menu for your guest ahead of time?

Also, did you bring your own music for ceremony??

Has anyone hear back from the WC at all these 2 weeks? I sent an email asking them in photography credit for ceremony sound system, 3 weeks, never heard back from them at all after Gaby is gone...
I remember during my 'planning proccess' I printed off menues but at the end of it all I just chose the menu when I got there.... I didn't show it to my guests as I pretty much knew what everyone would like... the food was great, i do reccommend scallops for the appy, steak with mushrooms for the main course the Bella Alaska for the dessert, all three of those were such a hit with everyone!

I did bring my own music..we brought our own IPOD with different lists like Ceremony, Coctail Hour, Reception, First Dance etc etc..the music guy they provide you with is great! He'll be on top of it all... muscle.gif

Quote:
I remember during my 'planning proccess' I printed off menues but at the end of it all I just chose the menu when I got there.... I didn't show it to my guests as I pretty much knew what everyone would like... the food was great, i do reccommend scallops for the appy, steak with mushrooms for the main course the Bella Alaska for the dessert, all three of those were such a hit with everyone!

I did bring my own music..we brought our own IPOD with different lists like Ceremony, Coctail Hour, Reception, First Dance etc etc..the music guy they provide you with is great! He'll be on top of it all... muscle.gif
So you did not use the DJhuh.gif The music guy came with the sound system??

Has anyone used Michael Maurus? or Martha Roque or Vanessa Vargas? I know I have over a year until my wedding but I want to find the perfect photographer for the perfect price and have him/her available on my day. Please help! There are tons of forums on photographers but none of this is actually helping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle613 View Post
Has anyone used Michael Maurus? or Martha Roque or Vanessa Vargas? I know I have over a year until my wedding but I want to find the perfect photographer for the perfect price and have him/her available on my day. Please help! There are tons of forums on photographers but none of this is actually helping!!
harty will be using martha roque in may and can give you insight then. haven't heard of anyone at dreams using vanessa vargas. you can try going to the photographers' websites to view their work, and if they have comments/user reviews on their sites you can try contacting the people who left the comments. that's what i did for juan navarro (the resort photographer) to see more of his work and get a better idea of whether i wanted to hire someone else (i ended up hiring moments that matter). most people have used claudia rodriguez or someone from her team. just fyi, a lot of photographers may not have their 2010 prices out yet. settle down ... you have plenty of time still and the heavier wedding season is ramping up so you should be able to see plenty more examples soon to make your choice easier.