Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Hi Brides...so Gaby told me that I was not allowed to use another photographer and that I had to use Juan Navarro...but we wanted to use another photog. and when I checked Juan Navarro's web site I was bummed...I feel like I could take better pictures! I don't know if I should keep pushing for another vendor or just go with it...anyone hear about this policy lately? And FYI I'm also planning a beach wedding/recep. even though it'll be in Jan. not sure about the wind factor though, so far everything I've read just says that it gets chilly at night, but still nice during the day...hoping that's true...anyone know? Love reading all the posts, this forum is a Godsend! THANKS A BUNCH!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasauceda View Post
Hi Brides...so Gaby told me that I was not allowed to use another photographer and that I had to use Juan Navarro...but we wanted to use another photog. and when I checked Juan Navarro's web site I was bummed...I feel like I could take better pictures! I don't know if I should keep pushing for another vendor or just go with it...anyone hear about this policy lately? And FYI I'm also planning a beach wedding/recep. even though it'll be in Jan. not sure about the wind factor though, so far everything I've read just says that it gets chilly at night, but still nice during the day...hoping that's true...anyone know? Love reading all the posts, this forum is a Godsend! THANKS A BUNCH!
That isn't right. If you want the package you have to use Navarro but you CAN hire your own photographer you just need to get her to agree and you pay the day pass to get them in. I am using a different photographer and they have agreed as long as I pay a day pass. Be firm with them. smile03.gif

Quote:
hey, gaby said you had to use juan!!?? that is so not right. i just gave gaby my desposit recently and am getting the 'Dreams of Love' Package. I told her that I didnt like Juan and was not going to use him. she said it was fine and gave me a credit of like 350 bucks and basically I put that money towards paying for 2 hours of renting the sound system for the ceremony so I only have to pay 1 hour of the 3. I also told her that I hired an outside photographer and she said that was fine and that they wouldnt be charged for a day pass if they came 1 hour before the ceremony.

You should TOTALLY hire another photographer if you dont like Juan. its your wedding!!!! you should be totally happy with the person who is goin to take pictures that you will be looking at for the rest of your life!!!!

hope that helps!

sunita

its me again- i cant believe gaby is not being consistent with information to us future brides! I am getting a package but got credit for not using Juan so you have to be given that option too! that makes me mad!!!

anyways- here is a list of photographers that I compiled in another thread if you need some suggestions:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t35088

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Bloody hell you got a $350 credit!! I got told tough lol

I think i'm about to ditch the package anyway so it won't matter but its bloody annoying!
I don't think that they know this forum exists because they would be a lot more consistant in their pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destination View Post
Here is a suggestion: BREATHE! LOL, ok now, read this whole thread from the beginning. It wil take you forever, but it will tell you what you are dying to know and some things you didn't even think of yet. Then be calm and let the people at dreams do what they do. I am also a June bride (2009) with a 7:00 ceremony and never thought of doing cocktails before, so thanks for that one! Good luck planning and welcome!
I think the point of the cocktails between the ceremony and reception is so when you and your bridal party are taking pictures you do not miss time at your reception. Moving the cocktail party before defeats this purpose. If you were just going to have cocktails before why not go to the bar and do it for freehuh.gif That is my 2 cents! LOL!

I am actually skipping the cocktail party all together. I find it a big fat waste of money. There is a 45 min gap between my ceremony and reception so while I am taking pictures, my guests will go to the bar until the reception starts. I got a credit for the cocktail party which I applied to the reception.

Reading through some of the recent posts it really frustrates me that there are so many inconsistencies coming from Claudia and Gaby.

I was thinking that maybe it would be helpful if I put together a list of questions that have come up recently and sent it over to them, along with another reminder that we all belong to a large destination wedding forum and talk to each other frequently.

I would love input and questions from all of you, for instance, what is the outside photographer policy? Is there a day pass fee for the photographer? etc... you know where I'm going with this.

anyway, if you'd like to help with compiling a list, I would appreciate the help and once I hear back I can post the information here for everyone.

Just send me a pm if you have a question to add to the list.

Quote:
As you may have read in the posts I have been having a photog issue too. Juan Navarro will be doing Jen's wedding when I am geeting married, so I have emailed claudia and she responded to Jen and her TA telling them that Juan has enough staff. However she emailed me and recomended that I contact Claudia Rodriguez studios. She is booked for my date but has asociates available, however they cost more than the photog I want. I have another email off to her requesting permission to use the photog of my choice. Long story short... lol! I'll let ya know when I hear from her.

Ohh no! I didn't think about it that way...Every wedding I've been to always had cocktail hour before the ceremony (maybe its a russian thing, i have no idea).. but now i don't know when i'll take pictures! I might have a heart attack before my wedding lol! About DJs, I told Claudia I wanted one and she said to just send him a list of songs a month before my wedding, but she never told me who I'd have. Is DJ Mania the DJ she always gives everyone?

Another question, for the buffet menu...Do you choose only one main course or do all of the main courses listed come? (Because it says or in between each but I'm pretty sure a buffet should have variety).

Also, is the photographer that Claudia provides really bad or something? Why doesn't anyone want him or her? I never thought about hiring one outside of the hotel...

P.S. this forum rocks! I'm so thankful to have found it. Thank you all for your input and for all the previous comments (I've been reading little by little.)

Ohh no! I didn't think about it that way...Every wedding I've been to always had cocktail hour before the ceremony (maybe its a russian thing, i have no idea).. but now i don't know when i'll take pictures! I might have a heart attack before my wedding lol! About DJs, I told Claudia I wanted one and she said to just send him a list of songs a month before my wedding, but she never told me who I'd have. Is DJ Mania the DJ she always gives everyone?

Another question, for the buffet menu...Do you choose only one main course or do all of the main courses listed come? (Because it says or in between each but I'm pretty sure a buffet should have variety).

Also, is the photographer that Claudia provides really bad or something? Why doesn't anyone want him or her? I never thought about hiring one outside of the hotel...

P.S. this forum rocks! I'm so thankful to have found it. Thank you all for your input and for all the previous comments (I've been reading little by little.)