Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpacco View Post
Non-civil? Did you mean just symbolic, and get your paperwork and stuff done in your city? They don't need to see any documentations in order to perform the ceremony.
Yes, I was referring to the symbolic ceremony. We would get the marriage license and marriage certificate here in Rockford, IL, then get our vows "renewed" in Cancun. We want to have the full ceremony in Cancun though, including a sand ceremony. We want to act like the legal marriage here in Rockford, IL is not a real wedding until we have the ceremony in Cancun if you know what I mean. Any further information you can provide? Kat, I noticed that your response differed. Can you expand further? Thanks all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Yes, I was referring to the symbolic ceremony. We would get the marriage license and marriage certificate here in Rockford, IL, then get our vows "renewed" in Cancun. We want to have the full ceremony in Cancun though, including a sand ceremony. We want to act like the legal marriage here in Rockford, IL is not a real wedding until we have the ceremony in Cancun if you know what I mean. Any further information you can provide? Kat, I noticed that your response differed. Can you expand further? Thanks all!!
Sorry I didn't catch that it was the symbolic ceremony. You don't need to show anything for that and there is no blood tests. I just showed up and got "married" :) they still do a certificate you sign and nobody will be the wiser if you just want to keep it between the two of you.

Hi everyone!!! Kat, your photos are beautiful!!!

I have a few questions, I've read MOST of the forum and I don't know if these have come up...sorry if they are repeats!!

-Did anyone need a handicapped room? One of my guests has a really difficult time getting around, and we were thinking of booking a handicapped room...I've been waiting FOREVER for Dreams to get me a picture of what they look like. (On that same note, how difficult would it be for a person with difficulty walking to get around Dreams?)

-We're trying to do a live webcam feed for people who aren't able to make it. Dreams says that they'll have it up and running by April of '09...but has anyone else been able to pull it off? How did you do it?

-A few travel websites that I've read about have said that Dreams sometimes overbooks and people get kicked out and moved to other hotels. Did that happen to anyone?

-With guest passes...I know Kat said that she didn't need them, but did anyone else manage to get them for free or at a lower rate? My travel agent said that they've done it before, but I didn't know how cheap they would be willing to go!

Sorry so many questions!!! It's still a whole year away and I'm already bouncing off the walls waiting for it to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Jessica View Post
Hi everyone!!! Kat, your photos are beautiful!!!

I have a few questions, I've read MOST of the forum and I don't know if these have come up...sorry if they are repeats!!

-Did anyone need a handicapped room? One of my guests has a really difficult time getting around, and we were thinking of booking a handicapped room...I've been waiting FOREVER for Dreams to get me a picture of what they look like. (On that same note, how difficult would it be for a person with difficulty walking to get around Dreams?)

-We're trying to do a live webcam feed for people who aren't able to make it. Dreams says that they'll have it up and running by April of '09...but has anyone else been able to pull it off? How did you do it?

-A few travel websites that I've read about have said that Dreams sometimes overbooks and people get kicked out and moved to other hotels. Did that happen to anyone?

-With guest passes...I know Kat said that she didn't need them, but did anyone else manage to get them for free or at a lower rate? My travel agent said that they've done it before, but I didn't know how cheap they would be willing to go!

Sorry so many questions!!! It's still a whole year away and I'm already bouncing off the walls waiting for it to come!
Thanks! As for walking around my Grandmother in law had a tough time walking around. Only because it is a pretty long hike to some places. Also when the tile stuff gets wet that the walkways are made of they get a bit slippery. I thought my DH was going to eat crap a few times ha ha ha. But there are ramps everywhere that there are stairs.

For the live feed. I don't know.
Also for the over booking. That wasn't an issue for us either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Also when the tile stuff gets wet that the walkways are made of they get a bit slippery. I thought my DH was going to eat crap a few times ha ha ha. But there are ramps everywhere that there are stairs.
Haha, as long as my FI doesn't fall down BEFORE the wedding. There will be no casts in my pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Jessica View Post
Haha, as long as my FI doesn't fall down BEFORE the wedding. There will be no casts in my pictures!!!
LMAO Ryan kept wanting to swim out to the rocks that are beyond the bouys. The waves crash really hard onto them. I told him I didn't care if he did it he just had to wait until after the wedding! No broken bones or busted skin before! foshizzle.bmp

I finally got my final RSVP back and even though the 2 couples were 95% sure they were coming- they are not. So that brings my guest total to only 16. I had originally stated I wanted the Ultimate Package but that is for 20 people. Does anyone know if I have any other options other than what is listed on the Dreams website? I have read from a previous post that it is better to get a package because everything separately really adds up. But I am only having 16 people, I am bringing my own centerpieces and don't need any of the gazebo décor (with the exception of the chair covers) so I am torn. I just wish I had some more options to choose from. OK sorry for rambling on.

Did anyone opt to do something other than the packages posted on the Dreams site?