Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Does anyone know if they have different menu options from 2008 to 2009? I though I saw a peek of a menu somewhere for DC that was different than the version I have and some of the options looked way better! I've found the gold and plated but I'm looking for the silver buffet. Dawn, what did you choose for your menu?

I had my first and hopefully last wedding nightmare and I woke up panicked-- time to get serious! Stacey and others who are just around the corner, how are you holding up?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
6-10 depending on which table you choose.

hmmmmmmmm...now Im seriously confused if all the tables are different sizes, then that would depend on what size centerpieces Im making Im assuming. So they have small tables and big tables or do they just set the amount of chairs you want on the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Does anyone know if they have different menu options from 2008 to 2009? I though I saw a peek of a menu somewhere for DC that was different than the version I have and some of the options looked way better! I've found the gold and plated but I'm looking for the silver buffet. Dawn, what did you choose for your menu?

I had my first and hopefully last wedding nightmare and I woke up panicked-- time to get serious! Stacey and others who are just around the corner, how are you holding up?
The menus for 2009 are different. Here is the full 08 one for you. It says that buffet is 40 people minimum but it's really only 30. Also, now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure if this is the menu that we actually chose from.
We mixed between the silver and gold buffet... but I know that we had lobster bisque soup and thats on the platinum menu and we definitely didn't pay extra. The soup was awesome but if you're eating outside, it's kinda heavy for hot weather if that makes any sense!
We had the Caribbean mixed greens and the caesar salads... both were good but it's salad so I don't have a very strong opinion.
Entree we did the surf and turf which was okay but kinda dry and didn't have a lot of flavor and then a chicken dish which i don't see on the menu but it was awesome!! It had like spinach and cheese or something but everyone loved it. I didn't try any of the deserts but heard good things. We went with the tres leche cake and while it is very moist and kinda looks like it's going to just moosh up, it was quite good.
Hope that helps!!
I had wedding nightmares too... don't worry, everything will be great!!

ACTUAL WEDDINGS MENUS RECEPTION FOR 2007-2008.doc

I had the chocolate cake and for the record it was amazing. I don't know if they have a new person making their cakes but it was super good! And I normally don't like wedding cakes. It was moist and really good. Everybody commented on it. It was also REALLY big. I will get a picture soon I am sure but I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was. It probably would have cute at least 40-50 decent size pieces. I also had the same thing Dawn did. The surf and turf was a bit dry. But it was still pretty good.

Can anyone tell me anything about Dreams' non-civil requirements? Do they still require you to be in the country for 4 days prior to the wedding? Do they need all the wedding documentation a month in advance? We are planning the legal/civil ceremony here, but dont want to have the wedding like 2 months before we go down to Cancun. Anyone who can shed some light on their requirements would be a HUGE help. Of course, Gaby still doesn't respond to emails, so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about Dreams' non-civil requirements? Do they still require you to be in the country for 4 days prior to the wedding? Do they need all the wedding documentation a month in advance? We are planning the legal/civil ceremony here, but dont want to have the wedding like 2 months before we go down to Cancun. Anyone who can shed some light on their requirements would be a HUGE help. Of course, Gaby still doesn't respond to emails, so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Yes you have to be there four days in advance, yes they still need the doc a month before. Gaby won't answer your emails when/how you want her to. Good luck and read through this thread, there is a lot of great info! Ask ask ask away though. All the girls here have great info to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Non-civil? Did you mean just symbolic, and get your paperwork and stuff done in your city? They don't need to see any documentations in order to perform the ceremony.