Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epargin View Post
Hi Ladies!

I told my WC at Dreams that I wanted to use an outside photographer and asked her what the cost would be. So I'm not sure why I'm getting grief or does everyone?
Well, you're not the only one! I've sent Claudia about 4 emails regarding this, and she never quite gives me a yes or no answer. I'd picked Cecilia Dumas as my photographer already, and I've sent Claudia an emails specifically asking if Dreams allows outside photographers (from what I could tell from all the brides that have been married at Dreams and used outside photographers, I figured they did, but I was just trying to be safe) and the only response I ever get from her is this...

"Dear Crystal:

The external photo vendors are:

Juan Navarro
Juanhphotos

Claudia Rodriguez
Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya

Thank you"

So I write back again and again, to only get the EXACT same response. Highly frustrating! I don't want to use THEIR PHOTOGRAPHER. I am not impressed by his work what so ever. Claudia Rodriguez is good (and expensive), but only one of her minions, Alberto, is available on my wedding day. I'm not sure if Dreams has changed their photography policy, or what. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Claudia (the WC) at all...heck, if I get a response from her at all I'm lucky! Anyway, I refuse to use their photographer. My wedding is in two months and when I get down there, I will expect to use Cecilia Dumas, and I DARE them to give me any crap about it cheesy.gif I've spent months trying to resolve this issue and have had no success.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalljackson View Post
Well, you're not the only one! I've sent Claudia about 4 emails regarding this, and she never quite gives me a yes or no answer. I'd picked Cecilia Dumas as my photographer already, and I've sent Claudia an emails specifically asking if Dreams allows outside photographers (from what I could tell from all the brides that have been married at Dreams and used outside photographers, I figured they did, but I was just trying to be safe) and the only response I ever get from her is this...

"Dear Crystal:

Juan Navarro
Juanhphotos

Claudia Rodriguez

Thank you"

So I write back again and again, to only get the EXACT same response. Highly frustrating! I don't want to use THEIR PHOTOGRAPHER. I am not impressed by his work what so ever. Claudia Rodriguez is good (and expensive), but only one of her minions, Alberto, is available on my wedding day. I'm not sure if Dreams has changed their photography policy, or what. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Claudia (the WC) at all...heck, if I get a response from her at all I'm lucky! Anyway, I refuse to use their photographer. My wedding is in two months and when I get down there, I will expect to use Cecilia Dumas, and I DARE them to give me any crap about it cheesy.gif I've spent months trying to resolve this issue and have had no success.
This might not be helpful but they changed their policy months ago and said you could only use their approved vendors and the 2 she gave you are it! If you've already booked and been booked for a long time you need to try and get an answer, easier said than done i know i've been trying for months. We've ended up having to use Juan Navarro due to cost - i'm not a big photograph person so i'm not really bothered lol smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalljackson View Post

"Dear Crystal:

Juan Navarro
Juanhphotos

Claudia Rodriguez

Thank you"

those are the only two allowed by dreams cancun. i would at this point write that you had already hired and paid for cecilia dumas, and ask what you will need to do to get them to allow her on property that day. it may be as simple as paying the guest pass fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
We've ended up having to use Juan Navarro due to cost - i'm not a big photograph person so i'm not really bothered lol smile29.gif
we're just using their photographer also. the difference is, i AM a big photograph person, but my fiance is SO not. i have in my mind all these beautiful artistic photos, but it will be a stretch to get tom to let his feet touch the sand (he HATES the beach, haha) or even to smile in a few of the pics ... oh, and he has this thing about lipstick (or chapstick or ANYTHING) ... it makes him gag and he never wants to kiss me if i'm wearing it ... i told him to suck it up because there's no way i'm not wearing lipstick on my wedding day! then there's his light sensitivity ... he swears he's gonna wear sunglasses during the wedding ... um, HELL NO!

haha so you see, as much as i would like to spring for a better photographer it is probably SO not worth it for us. we'll deal with juan navarro ... i just want him to lay off the photo effects ... i can do that stuff myself.

LMAO ... i just made my fiance sound like a total pain in the ass, didn't i? i love him, really i do! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
we're just using their photographer also. the difference is, i AM a big photograph person, but my fiance is SO not. i have in my mind all these beautiful artistic photos, but it will be a stretch to get tom to let his feet touch the sand (he HATES the beach, haha) or even to smile in a few of the pics ... oh, and he has this thing about lipstick (or chapstick or ANYTHING) ... it makes him gag and he never wants to kiss me if i'm wearing it ... i told him to suck it up because there's no way i'm not wearing lipstick on my wedding day! then there's his light sensitivity ... he swears he's gonna wear sunglasses during the wedding ... um, HELL NO!

haha so you see, as much as i would like to spring for a better photographer it is probably SO not worth it for us. we'll deal with juan navarro ... i just want him to lay off the photo effects ... i can do that stuff myself.

LMAO ... i just made my fiance sound like a total pain in the ass, didn't i? i love him, really i do! wink.gif
Nah you haven't i'll tell you about mine NOW that is a pain in the ass lol. He'll have a face like a slapped arse when he realises i've had a few drinks before hand (i'll need them to do it lmfao) and the fact that his mother is being an emotional feckwit! He'll be sweating like a pig and waiting for someone to mention god at which point he'll blow up and I'd like to bet £50 he forgets what to say pmsl

I'm the one with light sensitivity I burn like shit through factor 30 so i'll be plastered in 45 and I squint really bad in bright light so i'll be there with my oakleys lmfao I'll be all in black with snakes and oakleys that will be some fecking site lol He's already said and I quote "our photographs are going to be a fucking state" lmao

He wants one of me looking dreamily into his eyes! said wrong girl m8 ha ha ha smile03.gifshots.gif

Quote:
PMSL! ... oh and believe me, i'm going to need a few drinks to get through it too!
He knows me too well lmao he said I am warning you if you turn up pissed i'll murder you lol I said i wouldn't do that!! then my best m8 booked up and he said i'll murder you lmao

Best m8 said yehhhaaa 4pm how many cocktails can we fit in before lmao smile41.gif

anyone know if you can get the high resolution digital photos on disc from juan? that's all i really want (i could give a crap about prints ... they could always be done later. besides, what if they get lost in luggage or mail? then you'd have NOTHING!).

Quote:
anyone know if you can get the high resolution digital photos on disc from juan? that's all i really want (i could give a crap about prints ... they could always be done later. besides, what if they get lost in luggage or mail? then you'd have NOTHING!).
Once again I cant get an answer from him but i'm hoping you get the CD as well as prints - but going by the response so far i'll have had my 20 year anniversary by the time i get them lol

Quote:
those are the only two allowed by dreams cancun. i would at this point write that you had already hired and paid for cecilia dumas, and ask what you will need to do to get them to allow her on property that day. it may be as simple as paying the guest pass fee.
That's interesting, just last week Gaby replied to my email that explained why I'm NOT using Juan Navarro and she said that was fine. So I haven't gotten any grief yet! I'll keep you posted if this changes... fencing.gif