Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Hang, did claudia tell you that they use cancun studios for the photography?

I had asked if the photographer had a website, but she never said, and she didn't give me a name.

I did contact cancun studios for prices a few weeks ago, but they didn't mention that they are the photographer there.

I was just curious, sometimes it so hard to get an answer on things!

Thanks for posting that info!
I'm not sure the photographer has a website either...I asked for one and she said he doesn't but sent me sample photos instead. I also met one of them when I went down for a site visit in December

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENDASTAR View Post
Glad to see that there are more Dreams Cancun Brides
I hope there will be married ones on here soon so we can hear first hand experiences.
Let's be sure to exchange info....I haven't received info or pics on cakes or hairstyles....
however, I do have bouquets 1 & 2, centerpieces, site visit shots of gazebo and terrace, photo & video packages, ceremony vows (religious/spiritual ceremony), sample photos from photographer, & menus...

If you are missing any of those, let me know...I don't know how to post them here...maybe ill figure that out soon :)
brenda, if you send me bouquets, centerpieces, and ceremony vows, I can post all of those and the other stuff I have. It would be good if we could have everything posted in one dreams cancun thread, I think it will really help everyone. you can use this email

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
brenda, if you send me bouquets, centerpieces, and ceremony vows, I can post all of those and the other stuff I have. It would be good if we could have everything posted in one dreams cancun thread, I think it will really help everyone. you can use this email jill.lamoureux@juno.com
GOOD THINKING JILL!!! I LOVE THAT IDEA!smile29.gif

Hi Yelena!

Perhaps you can answer some of the questions in the first post? What photographer did you hire? Did you also use the resort photographer that was included in the wedding package?

(PM sent with my email for the link to see your pics!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribBride View Post
Hi all,

I got married at Dreams in January, I'll be glad to share my experiences. Overall experience was very good, Claudia was very helpful! We did hire an outside photographer from Mexico, these are the pictures he took, and it was very affordable.

PM me with your email addresses and I'll send you a link.

Yelena
Great!! Glad you're here. We have tons of questions!! Could you possibly give us a view on how things played out, how many guests, ceremony site and reception site you chose, how did you like them, food buffet or sit-down, food review, what you did for decorations, music, and cake?
Anything you can share would be appreciated!!! Thanks again for stopping by here.

I'll be glad to answer any questions, I was in your shoes not that long ago...

Photographer: I hired Michael from Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya . He has many packages as far as how many pictures you want. I had him for 2 hours and he took about 500 pictures and gave me CD right away to pick pictures from. When I got home I picked 100 pictures that he printed (80 4x6, 20 5x7 and 2 8x10). He printed them and mailed them to me along with high resolution CD. So that was pretty convinient.

Resort Photographer: Since I had a wedding package, I was using resort photographer for ceremony pictures and some reception. Pictures came out good, I think I have about 20-25 pictures. Compared to Michael, you can tell these weren't made by a professional and she didn't use digital camera either.

Video: I used the person provided by resort. He took the video of ceremony and part of reception. He actually did a really good job and our DVD was available next day.

Reception: We had a sitdown dinner and a coctail hour before that outside in the garden. Everything was beautiful. I brought my own decorations since I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on flowers for tables, but it was too windy and I couldn't set anything up. Claudia (wedding coordinator) did put something like a centerpiece with candle in big hurricane vase. So unless you want flowers, don't worry about bringing your own centerpicies. The food was very good, everyone liked it a lot.

Please keep in mind that its really really windy near wedding gazebo!!!!!! So make your hair accordingly. And I mean REALLY windy! my vail was flying in all directions!!!

what else... Sound system: you do need sound system for the ceremony because noone will hear anything you'll be saying. Its too windy! I know its expensive but worth it (for video at least).

Hair and make up: I think they did really good job on my hair, although it took them 2 hours to do it... Make-up was so-so, I had to make them redo it 4 or 5 times... They were making me orange for whatever reason... So keep in mind to tell them what to do.

I think this covers most of it. Please let me know how else I can help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribBride View Post
I'll be glad to answer any questions, I was in your shoes not that long ago...

Photographer: I hired Michael from Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya . He has many packages as far as how many pictures you want. I had him for 2 hours and he took about 500 pictures and gave me CD right away to pick pictures from. When I got home I picked 100 pictures that he printed (80 4x6, 20 5x7 and 2 8x10). He printed them and mailed them to me along with high resolution CD. So that was pretty convinient.

Resort Photographer: Since I had a wedding package, I was using resort photographer for ceremony pictures and some reception. Pictures came out good, I think I have about 20-25 pictures. Compared to Michael, you can tell these weren't made by a professional and she didn't use digital camera either.

Video: I used the person provided by resort. He took the video of ceremony and part of reception. He actually did a really good job and our DVD was available next day.

Reception: We had a sitdown dinner and a coctail hour before that outside in the garden. Everything was beautiful. I brought my own decorations since I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on flowers for tables, but it was too windy and I couldn't set anything up. Claudia (wedding coordinator) did put something like a centerpiece with candle in big hurricane vase. So unless you want flowers, don't worry about bringing your own centerpicies. The food was very good, everyone liked it a lot.

Please keep in mind that its really really windy near wedding gazebo!!!!!! So make your hair accordingly. And I mean REALLY windy! my vail was flying in all directions!!!

what else... Sound system: you do need sound system for the ceremony because noone will hear anything you'll be saying. Its too windy! I know its expensive but worth it (for video at least).

Hair and make up: I think they did really good job on my hair, although it took them 2 hours to do it... Make-up was so-so, I had to make them redo it 4 or 5 times... They were making me orange for whatever reason... So keep in mind to tell them what to do.

I think this covers most of it. Please let me know how else I can help!
Thank you so much for this information.

A couple of questions. You mentioned you had your reception in the garden area, was this at night? Was it lit up?

Also, did you have a dj? I was thinking of bringing our IPOD and using the sound system there.

Did you use either the mariachi or the caribbean trio? Or did you not get that package?

Any other tips for the rest of us?

Thanks for your help!

We had a reception at night, everythign was lit up. We did have a dj but we brought our own CDs for him to play. We also had a dance floor, so if your guests will dance, its worth it. Otherwise, its kind of expensive.

We have ultimate wedding package, so yes, we did have a mariarchi band, and they played during the coctail hour.

okay, couple more questions (I'm sorry!)

Could you tell me how much the DJ was? Did you have to pay for the dance floor? Did you find it too dark, windy, or cold with the reception in the garden area? How was the mariachi? Also, did you write your own ceremony or did they have something already written to use ?( I say this assuming you had a non-legal ceremony)

Thank you!