Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
We paid for the Ultimate Package, 21 more people than the ones included and I would not change that experience for anything!
We paid extra for a few things, flowers, external photographer, sounds system..

Our friends are still telling us it was the best wedding they had ever been to... the setting, the food, the dancing, the people, everything.
So I think it's what you make of it.
Oh Paula! Hello - how are you feeling?? I was meaning to ask how the buffet was.....did you end up going with that or the sit down dinner? When does Dreams need to know your choice on this?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Hi there, I totally understand where you are comming from !! I'm like an idiot !! Before I knew that you have to pay extra per person over the 20 thats included in the ultimate package (because as you say its AI!) I went and invited loads of people thinking that not many would come and if they did it didn't matter because its AI. Now my guest list is creeping up, (which don't get me wrong I'm really pleased that so many friends and family are joining us) but our budget is just starting to run out of controle a little.

I want to upgarde our photography / videography package but may not be able to now because we are having to pay so much for the extra guests huh.gif What do I do?, the way I see it is when its all over you've only got your memories and photos so this is really important to me, the good thing is I do have time on my side so hopfully will be able to get more money saved although this was supposed to be more of a budget wedding as my cousin got married last year over here in England and it cost her parents £25'000 !!! we decided then that we was not going to spend that king of money for 1 day so here we are ..... x ( sorry it was long )
We were in the same boat but decided on paying for a reception for much of the same reasons as others. It is nice to provide a formal reception for your guests who have traveled there but at the same time, i wouldn't force it and break your bank if it is not in your budget. They will have a great time, its a vacation in Mexico! Surprisingly, our guest list grows and grows and it while it makes us happy, it means less frills for us-- i.e., no upgraded photographer. :-( The wedding packages are great but they really get you on things like flowers and the sound equipment (that one still frustrates me!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
So I received an email from Claudia and she is allowing us to get a credit for our flowers to use to an upgraded cake - I asked her the amount of the credit but she didnt really answer that (See below) Do you think this is worth it? I guess we will get the $300.00 cake we liked after all?

In that case we can trade the flowers for the cake

What is the amount for the credit towards the cake?

Instead of bouquet, corsages, boutonnières you can choose from the upgraded cakes

Also I asked about the photo packages (see attached for 200cool.gif and the DJ playlist(s) are attached too!

Hope the DJ is worth it - I think I read a bride said the DJ didn't show up - if you read this do you mind me asking how much the DJ charges were??

Thanks!
Hi jenn,

Thanks for posting all that info ! Its funny you should post the photo packages because I got that yesterday too! You may be able to help me with a querie I have regarding the photo packages - There are 50 photos included in the ultimate package but I would like to upgarde (if we can afford it) Do you know which of the packages is included in the "ultimate package" ? Or for eg If I wanted package 4 / 5 would I have to pay that price on the attachment on top of what we have already included in the package or do we pay the difference between the package we would like and whats included ?? Am I making sence ?? Because package 1 and 2 is only 36 photos ?? I'm confussed !!

Jodey, I was wondering the same thing. We are going with the photographer from the resort but I wanted to upgrade too. I want more than 50 pics...also I wonder if those pics are all of us or the wedding party too. I want some with my parents and friends. I e-mailed Claudia..just waiting to hear back..I'll let you know what she says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi View Post
Jodey, I was wondering the same thing. We are going with the photographer from the resort but I wanted to upgrade too. I want more than 50 pics...also I wonder if those pics are all of us or the wedding party too. I want some with my parents and friends. I e-mailed Claudia..just waiting to hear back..I'll let you know what she says.
Hi Kristi,

Yes if you could let me know I would really appreciate it, I'm assuming the photos are of who ever to want them to be of, I would like some of me and the bridesmaids getting ready and some of my FI and the grooms men getting ready also. Are you having any extras to whats included in the package ? How many guests do you have and where are you having your cocktail hr and dinner reception ? x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi View Post
I think we have about 30 people going so far....We're going to do the cocktail party outside on the terrace and the reception inside. I figured being out in the sun all day it might be nice to eat inside...and maybe go back out and dance..how about you?

I'm not 100% yet, we origionally had about 20 but its creeping up and we could end up with 30/40, I was thinking of having the cocktail hr on the garden area and the sit down meal on the terrace, do you know if there is room for round tables on the terrace ? I'm not a big fan of having everyone sat @ one long table, That way we can dance on the terrace after dinner although I like your idea of eating inside too, will you then go out onto the terrace to dance ? Are you paying extra to have the drappery / decor for the ballroom ? It is the ball room you are eating in isn't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Hi jenn,

Thanks for posting all that info ! Its funny you should post the photo packages because I got that yesterday too! You may be able to help me with a querie I have regarding the photo packages - There are 50 photos included in the ultimate package but I would like to upgarde (if we can afford it) Do you know which of the packages is included in the "ultimate package" ? Or for eg If I wanted package 4 / 5 would I have to pay that price on the attachment on top of what we have already included in the package or do we pay the difference between the package we would like and whats included ?? Am I making sence ?? Because package 1 and 2 is only 36 photos ?? I'm confussed !!
:) Claudia told me that the rates for 2008 for outside services wouldn't apply for 2009 - so this will give us an idea. The package that I think is included is:

Package 3
50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 50 negatives
$ 690 usd + 10% tax
1-2 hours

I think I would upgrade to the biggest package? But I am not sure if the cost of the photos included would be deducted from the upgraded package but that would be nice! I am planning on asking her but she just replied to me from a few weeks ago, so I won't know for a while :)

Package 5
130 photos 4x6
10 photos 5x7
10 photos 8x10
Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
Album & CD with all negatives
$ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
5 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
:) Claudia told me that the rates for 2008 for outside services wouldn't apply for 2009 - so this will give us an idea. The package that I think is included is:

Package 3
50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 50 negatives
$ 690 usd + 10% tax
1-2 hours

I think I would upgrade to the biggest package? But I am not sure if the cost of the photos included would be deducted from the upgraded package but that would be nice! I am planning on asking her but she just replied to me from a few weeks ago, so I won't know for a while :)

Package 5
130 photos 4x6
10 photos 5x7
10 photos 8x10
Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
Album & CD with all negatives
$ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
5 hours
Hey Jenn, I notice you mention prices are only for 2008, This is why although my wedding is a long time away I want to get my contract signed as soon as so that I can hold the prices, Its annoying to think that a lot of these extras prices could change ! Like you I thought it was package 3 included, thanks for your thoughts and advice x