Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

More questions answered back in Oct/Nov 2007 from Claudia... Note - prices for 2008 may have changed some...

Is there a restriction on who the witnesses can be? Can they be family?

In total you need 4 witnesses; anyone can be witness if they have a valid passport and 18 years old, can be someone of your family or friends. They need to arrive same date as you (4 days in advance) because they need to sign some legal forms in our appointment.

We do not have many of the details for the Q&A form. Please let me know if you need more of that information right now. We will continue to work through it and send updates as we make decisions.

Sure of course

Can we do the wedding on Sunday?

Sunday and legal weddings are not posible, in this case the ceremony wii be a non legal –symbolic ceremony

On our Platinum menu, it only lists 2 entr̩e choices Рthe others have 3, is there another entr̩e choice?

it has only 2 options..

The packages seem to detail Silver and Gold dining options, but the menus indicate a Platinum option as well. Is there a package that includes the Platinum option? Is there an upcharge from the Gold level package?

The platinum menu is an option if you would like to upgrade, you will need to pay the difference between menus.

The packages include Silver and Gold dining options for up to 20. On the menus, it indicates a per person cost. We are assuming that the first 20 are covered by the package, and then additional are the per person cost. So if we had 25 people, 20 would be covered by the package, and 5 would be at the cost? Is that correct?

yes that’s correct

The same holds true for the appetizer option - $19. Is that correct?

yes

If we were having 25 people, would 20 be covered by the package for both the dinner and appetizers? Would the other 5 then have to pay $58 per person - $19 for the appetizer, and $39 for the meal?

yes, menu prices are + 15% service + 10% tax

When selecting dinner entrée options, can we select more than one entrée? Is there an additional cost? What about vegetarian options?

you need to select 1 option for all, we will consider the vegetarians just let us know how many

Is it possible to get a steel drum (pan?) band for entertainment?

yes of course

Do you know how much the steel drum band would cost?

$ 900 usd + 10% tax per set..

How does the free wedding package work? Because they include much of the same things, does that $769 get subtracted from the Gold or Silver wedding packages? Or has that already been done?

this has already been done

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbride View Post
I'm confused as to what people mean by not being able to keep the flowers. I know it would be hard to get it past customs, but I would like to have my bouquet for my TDD the day after the wedding. No one comes to take away the bouquet right? I'm confused...

Also, anyone ever go with the chicken with peas sauce or the rum butter chicken?

What does welcome bar service mean? Does that mean it is only at the beginning and there is no actual open bar the remaining hours of the reception and just wine available?? I hope not. If so, how long does it actually last?

I don't know what I would do without you girls! Thanks in advance!
You cannot take the flowers home to the states with you but you can take them with you on your honeymoon.....does this help?

When is your wedding? Claudia said there are NEW menus coming out soon :) FYI

I am not sure....hopefully one of the other girls can help with that one!

Hey Ladies:

We were married in July of 2007. We handled all payments via a wire transfer from our bank to an account used by Dreams. Simply email them and ask for this method of payment. It was super easy, done in fifteen minutes and secure. I emailed Claudia and stated that payment had been made via wire transfer and asked her to respond via email when they received payment. She did just that. Remember, they will not respond to email quickly until the month of your actual wedding. They do a wedding almost everday. Daniella stated to me when we got there that they receive about 80-110 emails everyday from brides and those inquiring about Dreams. Trust...everything will be handled and your wedding will be absolutely beautiful!!!!

Mail is extremely slow so I would not recommend sending anything by mail unless it is DHL and they are sometimes slow as well. We sent a color swatch 8 months in advance and they never received the package. Luckily, they had that color for our chair decor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
Sorry, what do you mean by "I double checked with Claudia about the deposit - I remember Jilly's saga - and she siad I would just have to bring my Apple paperwork to show how much I paid. They didn't need anything earlier. Now I'm a little worried!"??

Did you pay a deposit already and then Claudia said she didn't need the money? Sorry if this sounds weird, having a LONG day!

When we booked our trip, the wedding package we purchased was "booked" with the trip, so the price of our trip and the wedding package were owed to Apple Vacations - like one huge package if that makes sense. We had to put a deposit down for this whole big thing (though it wasn't 50% of the wedding package - it was for the wedding and the travel together). As Jilly mentioned, she was having a terrible time finding out if they had received her deposit which happened to be just after we had booked our trip and thought things were all taken care of. So I double checked with Claudia and she said that we didn't need to pay an additonal deposit, just to bring our Apple paperwork as proof. (I e-mailed her a copy with the final contract just to be sure.) This does sound more convenient than other methods, so hopefully it's sufficient.:)

Oh I see - sorry! Thanks for explaining. My travel agent doesn't have anything to do with the "wedding" part of my trip but helps out when I ask and I had not heard of this and I checked around before I picked a travel agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
Thanks that helps. I am scared to know the prices outside of what's included in the package! Are they that bad? Did you take your pictures before the ceremony?
after the ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODEY View Post
Hi Jilly, Do you mind me asking what kind of centerpieces you took ? Do you have a photo you could attach ? Thanks so much !
I have a pic somewhere I'll have to find it, they were white wooden trays with blue & green seaglass sprinkled in them and they each had 3 square votive holder, although the candles wouldn't stay lit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbride View Post
I'm confused as to what people mean by not being able to keep the flowers. I know it would be hard to get it past customs, but I would like to have my bouquet for my TDD the day after the wedding. No one comes to take away the bouquet right? I'm confused...

Also, anyone ever go with the chicken with peas sauce or the rum butter chicken?

What does welcome bar service mean? Does that mean it is only at the beginning and there is no actual open bar the remaining hours of the reception and just wine available?? I hope not. If so, how long does it actually last?

I don't know what I would do without you girls! Thanks in advance!
I don't really know what exactly the welcome bar is, but there is a bar right inside the lobby, thats where we got all of our drinks and they do have waiters coming around to get you drinks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmueller19 View Post
So our thoughts on these replies...

On the bags, funny - I know that another bride (Katherine I think) had gotten bags from the hotel or her travel agent did. I sent the picture back to Claudia, and to our travel agent, to ask if they still have them and how to get them...

On the tequila - seems VERY pricey... We could get it here for much less - but how to get it therehuh.gif? There has got to be another way, maybe just buy it when you get there.

Steel drum band - We checked out both websites - but neither seems like a steel drum band. I know she quoted us a band a while back - not sure who she had in mind. This is the reason for our Caribbean Trio question today.

On the rehearsal dinner - We have heard multiple stories on this from other brides. It all seems to depend on party size - so I asked for more clarification. Anybody heard anything about the "Adult Only" bit at the end?

Wedding time - I know its summer - but this seems VERY late in the day. Sunset seems to be around 7:30 in July, so maybe not - what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Just as an FYI - we have the Ultimate package, to put the menu questions in context...

Translation time - seems very short (1 week)huh.gif Anyone heard otherwise?

Attachments - she sent a bunch - if anyone wants any, please let me know your email and I will send along...

We have older questions that I will post as well, just for info purposes...

I'm trying to remember katherine's bags, she either bought them at the resort or she made them, can't remember for certain. If you don't want to bring bags with you, you may just want to buy some when you get down there at the local shops, they're really close by.

The tequila too, I would go to the shops and see what you can find.

The rehearsal dinner "adults only" thing, I know one of those restaurants is adults only for dinner, maybe even both of them. If you have a small enough group, you could just show up at one of the restaurants right when they open and tell them how many you have and I'm sure they will do there best to accomodate you.

One thing you have to remember about claudia is that she works for dreams. She doesn't get paid to go out and look for items for you, she's responsible for all of the onsite weddings. She's not an "outside" wedding coordinator and it seems like some of the things you are requesting would be things an "outside" wedding coordinator would help you with, like the bags and the tequila. My suggestion would be that if you do not want to handle those things on your own when you get there, then I would probably consider hiring someone to help you with the purchase of items outside of claudias realm. I know Anny was married in Cancun and she found a woman to help her with certain aspects of her wedding.

Quote:
Hi all...

Jenn - thanks for posting those docs - however, with the whole points thing, we can't download. Would you mind emailing them along?

hmueller19@charter.net or
hans.mueller@inbox.com

We have a question about the bands. Did anyone use the Caribbean trio? Thoughts? What kind of music? We are looking to have a steel drum band, but not sure if this trio is the same? We have the question out to Claudia, but no answer yet.

We just did get a whole bunch of questions answered by her, so we will post them soon in case it will help anyone else.

Hans & Vickie
I am emailing you some stuff right now :) hope your inbox doesnt get clogged!! Let me know if I can help further!

Quote:
So our thoughts on these replies...

On the bags, funny - I know that another bride (Katherine I think) had gotten bags from the hotel or her travel agent did. I sent the picture back to Claudia, and to our travel agent, to ask if they still have them and how to get them...

On the tequila - seems VERY pricey... We could get it here for much less - but how to get it therehuh.gif? There has got to be another way, maybe just buy it when you get there.

Steel drum band - We checked out both websites - but neither seems like a steel drum band. I know she quoted us a band a while back - not sure who she had in mind. This is the reason for our Caribbean Trio question today.

On the rehearsal dinner - We have heard multiple stories on this from other brides. It all seems to depend on party size - so I asked for more clarification. Anybody heard anything about the "Adult Only" bit at the end?

Wedding time - I know its summer - but this seems VERY late in the day. Sunset seems to be around 7:30 in July, so maybe not - what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Just as an FYI - we have the Ultimate package, to put the menu questions in context...

Translation time - seems very short (1 week)huh.gif Anyone heard otherwise?

Attachments - she sent a bunch - if anyone wants any, please let me know your email and I will send along...

We have older questions that I will post as well, just for info purposes...

Hi There, Thankyou sooo much for posting all of your Q&A Please could you email me the attachment, my address is jodey.williams@tsubaki.co.uk, Thankyou x

I will try and attach a bunch of docs that we have put together from Claudia and other forum members who have sent them along. These are the most up to date docs that I have, but if there are questions / confusion, either Claudia or Daniella will need to ultimately confirm.

Here goes...

Ballroom.zip

Beach.zip

Cakes.zip

Centerpieces.zip

Ceremony.zip