Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXlove View Post
Hi Everyone! Just got through reading most of these posts and I feel so better informed! I am getting married at Dreams Cancun on November 20, 2008 and I am so happy to hear every one's positive reviews who have already done so. Not to mention answers to most of my questions and awesome tips. Congratulations to those who just recently got married!

I am probably most concerned still about the weather in November and the reception site. I know that SusanK said she had hers on the terrace and had dancing so I would love to know how that went. I think I will have about 35-40 guests. If TiffJT can PM me the 2008 menu/price list that would be great! Look forward to hearing how Paula's wedding goes...

Also, we have a few DJ's in our wedding party so I won't hire one but I was unclear from the pricing: it looked like it was $180 an hour for just the equipment--UNREAL! I hope I interpreted that wrong.

-Samantha
you read that right, it is $180 just for the equipment, isn't that insane!! thats why we bought a docking station and brought our IPOD, we thought that fee was a big waste of money, might as well just hire a DJ!

we had dancing on the terrace, but it is a little crowded. Mostly because of the pillars from the canopys, they're kind of in the way. Also, claudia had told us they would move the cake table and the guest book table after dinner so that we had room for dancing, but they never did. It wasn't horrible by any means, but it was a little crowded, I guess it depends on how many dancers you have in your group.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, its very windy, my hair was blowing all over, looking back I wish I had had my hair done in a style that was pinned to my head more because in my video I'm constantly pushing this one piece of hair out of my face.

I also had a veil and because the few days before the wedding I had seen how windy it was out there I decided against wearing my veil, I knew it would just drive my nuts.

also, I think I had asked about using the sound system for the reception, I thought originally they had told me you could hook up an IPOD to it, but then when I asked about that for the ceremony they told me only CD's, so I'm not sure, but I thought you could rent it to use for the night too, maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
you read that right, it is $180 just for the equipment, isn't that insane!! thats why we bought a docking station and brought our IPOD, we thought that fee was a big waste of money, might as well just hire a DJ!

we had dancing on the terrace, but it is a little crowded. Mostly because of the pillars from the canopys, they're kind of in the way. Also, claudia had told us they would move the cake table and the guest book table after dinner so that we had room for dancing, but they never did. It wasn't horrible by any means, but it was a little crowded, I guess it depends on how many dancers you have in your group.
Thank you so much Jilly! I saw on Kimiko's detailed review that she paid $180 for the ceremony and only $180 for the entire reception: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7752-3

Might have to see if I can negotiate on that one...

Second question, I know you got married in the U.S. before hand and we plan on doing that as well. Can you offer any advice on how long beforehand you need to do it? If you took your husband's name, did you have your name changed legally on all of your Identification before hand? I've heard getting a new passport takes some time these days!

Your photo's are amazing and you look beautiful, I am definitely looking in to that photographer!

hello,

we did not have a small party, we actually had 100 people. the reason i dont think we needed the dj is because a few times people wanted to hear songs, and got their ipods to hook up to hear them! lol.

I also agree- that would have been a problem, finding someone to run it... but if you are looking to save money, he wasnt that necessary in my mind... he was, however, open to requests, and played whatever we wanted. i would give him a list of songs you like. that is what i did. there were a few times he played songs that were a little cheesy. haha.

my hair too was blowing all over the place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXlove View Post
Thank you so much Jilly! I saw on Kimiko's detailed review that she paid $180 for the ceremony and only $180 for the entire reception: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7752-3

Might have to see if I can negotiate on that one...

Second question, I know you got married in the U.S. before hand and we plan on doing that as well. Can you offer any advice on how long beforehand you need to do it? If you took your husband's name, did you have your name changed legally on all of your Identification before hand? I've heard getting a new passport takes some time these days!

Your photo's are amazing and you look beautiful, I am definitely looking in to that photographer!
Thank you! I was happy with the majority of the pictures, they did a nice job.

We got married in July, but we could have waited longer, it didn't really matter. I did change my SS card before we left and changed everything at work for insurance purposes, but other than that I finished everything else after the wedding. I still haven't changed my passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris27 View Post
i was wondering if anyone had a hard time changing their name? we did NOT gett married before our wedding in the states, and we wont have our english copy of our paper work for a few months. any suggestions?? guidancehuh.gif
Hi there,

I'm actually booking today for my wedding at Dreams Cancun for Nov 2009, as I mentioned previously I thought I was going to have to get married on Friday 13th LOL but Daniella has informed me that the 12th will be fine (thank god!) Any... we are having the legal ceramony so therefore have to have the blood tests. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this or has had to have the blood tests ? If so was it all very routine ?

to the person arriving on a sunday and thinking of getting married on saturday (to avoid friday the 13th) , you can get married on thursday. You are allowed to get married on the 4th business day (not counting the day of arrivial if it's a business day, although for me they are bending the rules, I'm arriving thursday afternoon and getting married on a tuesday).

Also for the person wondering how far in advance to book, I just booked on January 7th for April 1st (I didn't realize it was April Fool's day! Although not as bad as Friday the 13th, and I hear April Fool's ends at noon and we are getting married at 4pm). When I booked that date, they had the 2 days before, and the day after also available at 4pm. Maybe April isn't that busy. They do up to 2-3 weddings a day, so I guess they have more availability then the places that do max 1 per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharke View Post
I can't resist a question I can answer precisely. I checked the timecode on Susan's wedding at Dreams Cancun and it took 1 minute 20 seconds for her to walk the entire aisle. From the ramp behind the pool to the alter.
Thanks for that precise answer, I wondered how far it would really be in bride minutes :)