Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post

Hi guys, I'm here at Dreams and ready for my wedding on Saturday. I watched someone getting married on Tuesday, the bridesmaids wore yellow. Was that one of you?

Oh, LoveKiss....as a May 11 Dreams Cancun Bride, I wish you the best wedding EVER!!!!!  Enjoy your special day and please let us know how it went ;)  I'll be thinking about you on Saturday. I just know it will be beautiful!!!!

-Michelle

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so bummed when I moved to Dreams Cancun after being set on DRC, but the price difference is huge!! It was over $200 per person per night for a double room, but it was $138 for the Dreams Cancun.  I figured if it meant I'd have more guest staying at the hotel, it would be worth it.  Regardless, people are complaining about the price and staying at their timeshare but I figured at least I chose a reasonable priced hotel.

good luck with your choice!

Question- Who/what did you tip?  I know I should give Claudia a nice amount, how about the servers, I know there will be a few of them? The DJ, videographer (I hired one), photographer (package one), am I missing anyone?  I really haven't a clue so your honest opinion is nice. angel1.gif Thanks!

Originally Posted by nfriedenberg View Post

Question- Who/what did you tip?  I know I should give Claudia a nice amount, how about the servers, I know there will be a few of them? The DJ, videographer (I hired one), photographer (package one), am I missing anyone?  I really haven't a clue so your honest opinion is nice. angel1.gif Thanks!

so here is what I did:

Travel agent $200

Wedding Coordinator $200

Photographer $200

Servers & Bartenders each $20

Minister $40

Videographer $50

DJ $100

Cake Chef $20

Originally Posted by Katnkiko View Post

Question- Does anyone know of what tour/excursion companies were at the hotel. Did anyone plan a day trip for guest?

Thanks

Kat

We did not plan a day trip for our guests and they were glad we did not because they were only there a short time 3 nights 4 days and really wanted to enjoy the beach etc etc and the resort. Maybe  that is something your guests would like.

You should contact Amstar who is there main company for all excursions from there you can contact outside parties. they also have the dolphin swimming on site!!!

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

We did not plan a day trip for our guests and they were glad we did not because they were only there a short time 3 nights 4 days and really wanted to enjoy the beach etc etc and the resort. Maybe  that is something your guests would like.

Question- Does anyone know of what tour/excursion companies were at the hotel. Did anyone plan a day trip for guest?

Thanks

Kat

Thanks

Kat

Another tour company that operates out of Dreams Cancun (an office near Claudia's) is Olympus Tours - they do a lot of hotel/airport transfers so they have staff on site for several hours each day to try and pitch tours to you.

I booked a day trip for my guests (asking them to tell me whether they wanted to go a few weeks in advance of the trip) with Edventure Tours - who are based out of Tulum.  They picked us up in 2 vans and took us down to the ruins at Tulum.  From there half of the group went to a cave system to explore and then met us for a late lunch.  The rest of us went to a cenote for snorkeling and then to a protected bay for more snorkeling and then finally to the restaurant.  I believe we were gone from 7:30am to about 5:30pm - and everyone was asleep in the vans on the way back.  I believe the cost of the trip was $1660 for 20 people + ~$200 (we paid for food at the restaurant but told everyone they were responsible for their own drinks as we didn't want a huge bar tab too). 

I thought about chartering a catamaran and doing a day trip over to Isla Mujeres (with snorkeling) and back, but my now husband wasn't too keen on that idea.  I believe a chartered catamaran could be more economical than a land tour if you have a lot of guests.

Hope this info helps.

Courtney