Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

While I was at Dreams getting married there was one bride that had her wedding at Caribe Beach (out of maybe 10 or so).  I believe she chose Caribe because she wanted a beach reception, but she had a lot of guests and wouldn't fit on Himitsu beach.  Caribe beach is a BIG beach...there is a lot of sand between the Tower builing and the water.  To be able to run electricity, the reception was held closer to the Tower, so not near the water.  There was one night we ate dinner at the restaurant off of Caribe beach (Seaside Grill - which is very good) and the wind was howling (as it was all over the resort), but all other nights it was nice and breezy like the rest of the resort.

The big PRO for Caribe beach is that you will get a bit more privacy for your reception.  At worst other guests will be able to look down on the reception from the balconies of their Tower rooms, and they could walk by (maybe 50 ft away) and look.  With Himitsu beach the guests eating on the patio part of Himitsu restaurant have a front row seat to your reception.  Let's just say there were people on the patio doing the YMCA arm dance during my reception.  We went with it and even invited them down to the dance floor to join in...

The CON for Caribe beach setup is that it is far from the water (I know you are thinking "how far can it really be, it is a beach?"), so you will have the sand element for the reception but no opportunity to dip your feet in the water or anything.  Himitsu beach is much smaller so you definitely get both the sand and water. 

I really do think you will be happy with Caribe Beach option....it will just have a bit of a different vibe.

Originally Posted by michellegirl View Post

Did anyone have their Reception on Caribe Beach? If so, what was your experience? Did it work out OK or was it too windy, etc.? Haven't heard much about Caribe Beach and am getting worried now.... ;)

Thanks so much!  You ladies are the BEST!!!

-Michelle

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The photographer I brought with me said he would take pictures at any time while we were on the trip, so there was no need to use the photographer that came with the package.  We traded the photographer for gazebo decor, which at first didn't sound like a very good trade to me.  However, we got 4 floral corsages to put on the columns of the gazebo and because we only had 4 reception tables we were able to use them as centerpieces as well....so in essence I got gazebo decor and centerpieces as a trade.

Other brides that have hired an outside (local) photographer for their wedding day often use the included photography for their TTD session.  Just a thought.

Originally Posted by mrsgraham2012 View Post

I see you brought you own photographer. Did you still use the resorts photographer that cam with the package?

OMG! I am sneaking in a few seconds here on my honeymoon to tell you all what an AMAZING job Dreams did with my wedding. Keep in mind I was a wedding planner for a few years and planned weddings that were 100k and above. My wediing was hands down the best. I am not partial at all really lol! They will do a fantastic job. JUan Navarro is the best photographer I have ever seen! MY bouquet was unreal!!! I am so amazed. I have only seen one photo so far that Juan posted on facebook:539917_323047397750710_157436070978511_7

I will check in when we get back!

Congratulations!  So glad you were thrilled with your wedding.  Fingers crossed you get to see more pictures soon...(because we want to see them too wink.gif)

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

OMG! I am sneaking in a few seconds here on my honeymoon to tell you all what an AMAZING job Dreams did with my wedding. Keep in mind I was a wedding planner for a few years and planned weddings that were 100k and above. My wediing was hands down the best. I am not partial at all really lol! They will do a fantastic job. JUan Navarro is the best photographer I have ever seen! MY bouquet was unreal!!! I am so amazed. I have only seen one photo so far that Juan posted on facebook:539917_323047397750710_157436070978511_7

I will check in when we get back!

Hola mrsgraham2012,

We are super excited to have finished Channing + Jordan's amazing Wedding Story at the Dreams Cancun and wanted to share with you a few Sneak Peaks:

Channing+Jordan_W_SP_0001.jpg

Channing+Jordan_W_SP_0002.jpg

Channing+Jordan_W_SP_0003.jpg

Channing+Jordan_W_SP_0005.jpg

By the way, they had their reception at the Himitsu Beach! You can view the entire event here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=661

Happy Planning!!!

Originally Posted by mrsgraham2012 View Post

Thank you, I have decided to go with the sound system/tech for the ceremony and Dj for the reception. I'm thinking 2hours should be enough as we will have the Mexican trio for a set. BTook the advise of the amazing brides on the forum and confirmed the Himitsu Beach for the reception site. Decided against the bows on the chairs. Looking at Del Sol photographer. Cecilia has yet to give me the name of the resorts photographer so I can view their work. Now putting together center pieces.
I see you brought you own photographer. Did you still use the resorts photographer that cam with the package?

I have a question for those of you who have had your wedding already.  I know that there are 3 set menus but if you want the salad from menu #1, the soup from #2 and the entree from #3 will they let you mix them up or are you just stuck with #1 or #2 as it is?  Thanks for your help in advance!!

You are definitely able to mix it up.  If you have the gold package you can even choose a course off of the silver menu options. 

Originally Posted by nfriedenberg View Post

I have a question for those of you who have had your wedding already.  I know that there are 3 set menus but if you want the salad from menu #1, the soup from #2 and the entree from #3 will they let you mix them up or are you just stuck with #1 or #2 as it is?  Thanks for your help in advance!!

These pictures were gorgeous!  You have a great selection to choose from....congrats!

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

Hola mrsgraham2012,

We are super excited to have finished Channing + Jordan's amazing Wedding Story at the Dreams Cancun and wanted to share with you a few Sneak Peaks:

By the way, they had their reception at the Himitsu Beach! You can view the entire event here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=661

Happy Planning!!!