Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks. I am so excited. Tomorrow is our legal ceremony and then we hop on a plane bright and early Tuesday!

Originally Posted by kellykanester View Post

Jana, your wedding is so soon !! I hope that the weather plays out and that you have the wedding of your dreams !

Glad my planning thread has helped - that thing took forever cheesy.gif  I decided to do the menus because I had left-over card stock.  They certainly aren't a necessity.  Hmmm...the lighting was not an additional cost, but I am not sure if it was part of the reception package or with the DJ.  I am guessing it comes with the reception for safety sake.  However, the light-up dance floor did cost extra.  That is certainly not a necessity, but it was a lot of fun - so if you have room in your budget I recommend it.  I did have to rent the sound system and then have the DJ separate.  The sound system for the ceremony comes with a technician that will play the ceremony music from a CD.  If I am not mistaken, this is considerably cheaper than paying for the DJ for an extra hour for the ceremony.

Originally Posted by mrsgraham2012 View Post

Leigh2011

First and foremost let me say THANK YOU.  I forwarded your preparation thread to my MOH.  You really penned the sentiments and visons for my own day.  Since joining and reading this forum I have emailed Cecilia to reserve the  Himitsu Beach and also requested a list of DJ's.  So far we have 17 confirmed traveling with us with a possible 8 more so I'm preparring for 25 guest.  Not sure aobut the formal menu's and formal table settings.  From the resort pictures that appear to do a decent job.  Can you elaborate?  Also could you tell me; the lighting on the beach, was that an additional cost?  And was you DJ used for the ceremony ie music while your guest waited and the reception the same, or is the ala carte, e.g. rent the sound system for the ceremony and then hire the DJ.

I really appreciate your time.

Kind Regards

Thank you, I have decided to go with the sound system/tech for the ceremony and Dj for the reception. I'm thinking 2hours should be enough as we will have the Mexican trio for a set. BTook the advise of the amazing brides on the forum and confirmed the Himitsu Beach for the reception site. Decided against the bows on the chairs. Looking at Del Sol photographer. Cecilia has yet to give me the name of the resorts photographer so I can view their work. Now putting together center pieces. I see you brought you own photographer. Did you still use the resorts photographer that cam with the package?

Thank you! We will most likely be in similar boats in terms of planning and timing, our wedding is in April of next year. I would love to hear about how your visit goes and the timeline Claudia gives you for when you need to finalize aspects of your wedding!

Originally Posted by beachwed2013 View Post

If your greater than 1 year away they havent charged you yet because they havent SET the prices for the 2013 Wedding Year. I am working with Cecilia and am going out in 3 weeks, and she confirmed they have not Confirmed/set prices for the packages. She didnt take my Credit Card at all, but she DID guarantee my date/location and time.

Best of luck.

In house Photographer at Dreams The in-house photographer is adventure, their web site is www.adventurephotosmx.com Hi, I'm trying to debate on using another photographer I saw online (del sol). Can you tell me who the resort uses and if they have a website?  If we don't use the photographer who come with the package can we swap it for something? Thank you Sent from my iPad On Apr 3, 2012, at 11:08 AM, "Cecilia Rangel" wrote: Your reception dinner will be at Himitsu beach, great location!!!! Cecilia Rangel Coordinadora de Bodas /Wedding coordinator weddings1.drecu@dreamsresorts.com Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Punta Cancún s/n Zona Hotelera Cancún, Q.Roo, México 77500 +52-(998) 8 48 7000 ext 7603