Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Wow! It has been a while since I have been on! Yay you are leaving in 4 days! I am down to 6. What time is your wedding on the 12th? Close friends of ours are getting married at a different resort on the 12th as well, so if your wedding is after 4, I won't be there to see it :(  ...My wedding is at 1 on Saturday the 14th. Am just now finishing up the welcome bags and tomorrow I am working on our fans/programs. I am a HUGE procrastinator!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ceremony written? I have been working on vows and what is going to be said during the sand ceremony...is there anything else I need to come up with?

Good to know with the $1's! I knew to bring extra cash but didn't realize lots of extra one dollar bills.

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

Around 2-3 months, I was making sure the following were taken care of:

- ceremony written

- music selected

- bridal party gifts bought

- decide if you want menu cards or programs for the ceremony

Random:  Start collecting $1 bills.  I liked to leave small tips at the bars and I thought I had brought enough $1's - I was wrong.  And they make it very hard to break bills at the resort (probably because everyone is trying to do it).  The front desk only breaks bills at certain times and the gift shop often gives change in pesos (and large bills).  A couple of times we went to the convenient store across the circle from the front entrance to buy something we didn't really want just to break a $20.

What an awesome idea!  I heard of people giving stuff beforehand but I could never find a way to do it that wasn't awkward, but this idea is great!

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Absolutely do not shipt them out there!!!

I am having a little send off party for my guests that are somewhart local and will be giving them their out of town bags! So much easier and a whole lot of fun!!

Thanks....good to hear from you! I hope you are doing well!!

Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post

What an awesome idea!  I heard of people giving stuff beforehand but I could never find a way to do it that wasn't awkward, but this idea is great!

You have the option of writing your entire ceremony if you would like.  If you are doing the symbolic ceremony they will pretty much say whatever you would like.  If you would like me to email you my ceremony script, just send me a PM with your email address.

You only need the $1's if you would like to leave tips.  Tips are certainly not necessary, but I liked to give $1 or so after every few drinks ordered by the group.  We also left tips at restaurants if we were a large group or if the kids made a mess.  Lastly, we left a tip for the house keeping staff on the last day.

Originally Posted by KristaMM View Post

Ceremony written? I have been working on vows and what is going to be said during the sand ceremony...is there anything else I need to come up with?

Good to know with the $1's! I knew to bring extra cash but didn't realize lots of extra one dollar bills.

Can any of you past brides tell me what your experience was at the hair salon? I am interested both in your makeuo and hair experience. Also do any of you have their email address? My wedding is in 13 weeks from Friday and I am not sure if I should be contacting them now to make my appointments? Thanks to all of you for your help!

Jana, I have yet to get my hair styled at the salon, my wedding is next Saturday and I just recently set up appointments for myself and my bridesmaids. I do have their email address: spa1.drecu@dreamsresorts.com  They respond pretty quickly, so don't worry!

Have fun planning :)

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Can any of you past brides tell me what your experience was at the hair salon? I am interested both in your makeuo and hair experience. Also do any of you have their email address? My wedding is in 13 weeks from Friday and I am not sure if I should be contacting them now to make my appointments? Thanks to all of you for your help!

Thanks Krista! I can't wait to hear about every wedding detail!!

Originally Posted by KristaMM View Post

Jana, I have yet to get my hair styled at the salon, my wedding is next Saturday and I just recently set up appointments for myself and my bridesmaids. I do have their email address: spa1.drecu@dreamsresorts.com  They respond pretty quickly, so don't worry!

Have fun planning :)