Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ladies - I finally put up a resort review with lots of pictures and a bit of commentary.  I really hope that helps future brides get a better idea of the different areas of the resort.  Any past brides, please feel free to add comments if I got anything wrong or if there is anything you would like to add.  I am not sure why, but you may have to scroll past some older reviews to read mine.

I hope to work on my wedding review of the resort before too long.

Courtney

I finally wrote and posted my wedding review.  One problem - apparently each username is only allowed to write one review per resort, so I had to combine my wedding and resort reviews.  I think there must be a size limit to your review because I couldn't add the pictures to the wedding review portion.  However, I did upload the pictures to my BDW profile albums and put links to them in the review.

If you want to see more wedding photos, click on the link in my signature.

Courtney

I am right there with you.  If I could go back and change anything about my wedding I would still have it at Dreams Cancun, but I wouldn't have chosen November because there were just too many weddings going on.  Ahead of time, I had no idea that November & December were the busiest wedding months.  I hope it gives future brides comfort that even with the things that went wrong on my wedding day, I would still choose Dreams Cancun again.

Also, I am sure a weekday wedding would have been less hectic.  However, I needed to choose a weekend so guests wouldn't have to take as many days off of work.  For those ladies that have their whole group coming for an entire week - selecting a weekday will probably minimize the chance of another wedding on your day.

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Great review thanks for sharing. I am a little disappointed in their lack of concern for your day by allowing a rehearsal to make your ceremony late. Unacceptable! Also not fair to your guests!!

No matter what, your wedding will be wonderful.  And your vacation will be fantastic too.

We had our AHR this past weekend and all I can so is thank goodness we didn't have a traditional wedding and reception.  The AHR was 4 hours long and had ~100 guests and I was so exhausted from having to walk around and talk to everyone.  I can say that I didn't touch any of the food we had catered (until we took the left-overs home when I crammed down 2 cupcakes at 2am) and I only consumed a single glass of wine.  I think I started having fun and dancing for the last 1/2 hour or so when enough guests had already left that I didn't have to continue to mingle.  After the AHR, I thought to myself how crappy it would be for a traditional bride such that you couldn't have fun because you spend your whole reception walking around thanking people for coming and likely meeting some new people for the first time.  That experience truly made me appreciate my DW reception where I was able to sit and eat my meal and then spend the entire rest of the time on the dance floor because I had already spent 1-2 days with all of my guests.

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

We are having ours on a Friday. I am so excited but a little nervous too!