Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At present, I plan on having a dance floor for a beach reception.  My total will be in the 24-28 range, so it will definitely be a small group too.  After seeing the dancing pictures of the light up dance floor I decided that is what I wanted.  I know it is a lot of money (and totally unnecessary), but it is what I want :-)  I am sure my fiance will have a fit when we go over that line item at the meeting with Claudia...

Originally Posted by futuremrsroo View Post

Hi everyone!!

I'm new (to posting, that is - I've been lurking for a while.... ;) and am getting married on Oct 28th. I'm so glad I found this thread because otherwise I would be going nuts waiting on responses from Claudia!

I have a question for anyone who has/is having their reception on the beach: dance floor or no dance floor? We have a group of 25 (and counting) and we all love to party, so there will definitely be dancing! I just can't seem to justify almost $1,000 for a dance floor when my whole perception of the destination wedding is having sand between my toes ;)

Also, most of the pictures I've seen of the beach receptions look like larger weddings. Will it look funny with a set up of only 25-30 people on the beach?

Thanks in advance, I'm getting so excited hearing everyone's plans and reading the reviews!!

It seems like the "standard" is to have the wedding at the gazebo, the cocktail hour on the Terrace (overlooking the gazebo), and then reception either on the beach or in a ballroom.  I am not sure where the cocktail hour is if you are having your reception on the Terrace.  I think I remember a bride saying she had her cocktail hour in some garden area - but I don't know where that is...

Originally Posted by Channing View Post

For those of you who have had a cocktail hour- I'm just curious if it was located in the same place as your dinner or not?? I think I want to have a cocktail hour at my wedding...

Another question ladies:   Have any of you tried trading out the dessert in your dinner package because you are having wedding cake?

I know previous brides have said it is not worth upgrading the cake because you have the other dessert that comes with dinner - but what about upgrading the cake and ditching the other dessert options (in exchange for something else of course - maybe the cost of the cake upgrade)?

As for dessert we thought about changing it out but after we kept it and tasted how good it was I am glad we didn't, we did the cake cutting then they took our cake to their big fridge and whenever any of our guests wanted something sweet they phoned room service and had it delivered everyone loved that idea! 

As for the dance floor, I wasn't going to have one as i couldn't justify the price, but then when we got there and my FI saw the dance floor for other weddings he wanted it and he is so happy we got it. We did not have a cocktail hour we traded it in for 10 extra people at dinner, that covered the cost of the dance floor. 

Hi Mrs. Roo!!!

I am getting married on Oct 29th! When are you heading to Dreams? We are arriving on the 24th. How exciting.  I have been waiting to hear from someone that will be down the same time as me! :)

I am planning on having my reception at the Club Terrace, but from what I have read from previous posts that the dance floor is kind of an essential.  Makes it much easier to dance without falling all over the place.  But I am sure however you do it, it will work out.  Plus... you may be able to negotiate the price ;)

Hi everyone!!

I'm new (to posting, that is - I've been lurking for a while.... ;) and am getting married on Oct 28th. I'm so glad I found this thread because otherwise I would be going nuts waiting on responses from Claudia!

I have a question for anyone who has/is having their reception on the beach: dance floor or no dance floor? We have a group of 25 (and counting) and we all love to party, so there will definitely be dancing! I just can't seem to justify almost $1,000 for a dance floor when my whole perception of the destination wedding is having sand between my toes ;)

Also, most of the pictures I've seen of the beach receptions look like larger weddings. Will it look funny with a set up of only 25-30 people on the beach?

Thanks in advance, I'm getting so excited hearing everyone's plans and reading the reviews!!

Hi Mrs. Roo!!!

I am getting married on Oct 29th! When are you heading to Dreams? We are arriving on the 24th. How exciting.  I have been waiting to hear from someone that will be down the same time as me! :)

I am planning on having my reception at the Club Terrace, but from what I have read from previous posts that the dance floor is kind of an essential.  Makes it much easier to dance without falling all over the place.  But I am sure however you do it, it will work out.  Plus... you may be able to negotiate the price ;)

Hi everyone!!

Yay! Another October bride :) We will be arriving on the 26th. Since we are just doing the symbolic ceremony, we wanted to spend longer after the wedding with our friends and family.

I'm hoping I will be able to negotiate a little maybe with trade outs and a generous tip? We will see. I do love the look of the lighted dance floor, but wow, it's just a lot of $$!

I can't believe how close our weddings are!! I keep thinking that I have plenty of time for everything, and then I look at my countdown and it's creeping closer to the double digits!

What are you doing for centerpieces?