Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Chris -   If you wouldn't mind, when you get the information on the DJ and the dance floor prices can you post them here?  I plan on doing both (the light up dance floor) and would love to know the final price.

Sorry to hear about your side of the wedding not booking yet - especially your cousin.  I think you are right in thinking there still may be a good chance that she doesn't make it.  I don't doubt that she is trying to come and if she needs a tax return that it might not end up happeneing.  But is sounds like you have lowered your expectations so you won't be disappointed.

I see impending family drama with my sister on the horizon:  to not have to worry about which friends could or could not make it, my fiance and I are only having family in the wedding party.  My sister will be my only bridesmaid and my fiance is having his father and his two brothers.  Well - my sister is married and has been trying to have a baby and it hasn't worked out for them.  So she and her husband will try in-vitro this summer.  So, if it works, she will be approaching the 6-month flight restriction when my wedding rolls around.  Add to that she HATES flying - has commented on driving from North Carolina to either Miami or Texas for shorter flights!!!  She has said that she is only planning on staying in Mexico for 3 nights!  If I hated flying that much, you better believe I would be staying long enough to make it worth the torture.  My mother has offered to pay for a couple of extra nights for she and her husband and call it their birthday presents for the year (so they won't feel like they are getting a freebie), but they said no.  So I think my sister, my only bridesmaid, might try and back out on me at the last minute.  Just a guess but between a potential pregnancy, hating to fly (when she did fly for her honeymoon she had medication which she likely won't be able to take if preggers), and only wanting to stay the minimum number of nights.  I hope I am wrong, but I can see it coming....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations on being a Mrs.!!!!  Can't wait to read your review.

Originally Posted by SheenaMcDonald View Post

Hi everyone!

So we just got back on sunday, we were married last wednesday january 5th and everything went amazing, Claudia really is great to work with in person!  Juan has put some sample pics of our ttd and wedding day up on his blog but when I actually get the pics from him I will write a review!

Sheena -

I just looked at your pictures and they are fantastic!  Of course you have plenty of gorgeous ones (the one of your husband on your back in the cenote is very artistic), but somehow my favorite (because it was candid) was of you sitting on the beach chair looking at the camera.  I saw some things from your wedding that I am interested in...like the cenote TTD, the lit up dance floor, the flags, and I thought your gazebo flowers were gorgeous.  Would you be willing to tell us about the items you added to your package (and how much they cost) in your review?

Thanks

Courtney

Hi everyone!

So we just got back on sunday, we were married last wednesday january 5th and everything went amazing, Claudia really is great to work with in person!  Juan has put some sample pics of our ttd and wedding day up on his blog but when I actually get the pics from him I will write a review!

Hey yall! i am trying to print up post cards on Vistaprint to hand out when our guests arrive;  i would like to include a time and location for an impromptu meet and greet cocktail hour;  where is a good place for me to say we will have that???  I have scoured the threads and just don't know where to say!!

Hi!! I also loved your gazebo flowers! Who did those and how much were you charged??

Hi everyone!

Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Anyone have communication with Claudia over the last month. She has not returned one of my emails. Starting to wonder if she still works there.

she just emailed me this week! 

But didn't answer my questions, lol.  I asked for her information on butterfly releases and asked her if she uses Liberacion de mariposas and if so would she give them a call (I gave her the number).  Then I asked her how much DJ Mannia and the dance floor would be for us total and separate (we may just do the dance floor and go with our ipod).  She sent back that her butterfly people when out of business and I could use mine and that she would use them in the future if it turned out well for me (so I guess I'm doing that myself) and she commented that the dance floor is nice (no price).  Ahhhhh!  She always does that.  You would think that if you respond to someone only once every few months, you would make it worth the wait by answering the persons questions.  She cracks me up, but she was awesome to work with in person at my site visit, so no worries!

Also, does anyone else know the size of the dance floor?  We are taking dance lessons in March and our instructor wants to know the amount of space he has to work with when he choreographs the dance.  I'm looking for the dimensions. 

Updates!  I am in such a lazy rut right now.  I'm on call with three different jobs and whenever I try to plan a day to start my invites, order favors, OOT bags, etc, I get called in!  I need the money, but I really need to get on the ball.  Also, pretty much everyone on his side has booked, including friends.  Not one of my side has book except for my dad.  Not even my maids (well, except for the one who is dating the best man, since they booked together, and FI's sister, but still, that's his side).  My maids have been promising for months, and I'm afraid that all the good direct flights will be sold out.  I know, I know.... be patient!  My cousin came with to shop for BM dresses, but then never ordered hers and I had to authorize the mass order without hers or else everyone else that paid for theirs wouldn't get it in time (and I'm not going to buy a dress for someone I'm not even sure is coming).  Then she fell off the face of the planet and didn't return my calls or messages for over a month, AND skipped out on any holiday family gathering where I planned to ask her.  Then out of nowhere, calls me last week saying she's booking when her taxes come in.  I have no idea what to do for a dress with her and quite frankly, I still think in the back of my mind that she'll wiggle out of it again.  I just want her to be honest with me, but I think she's not even being honest with herself.  She wants to go so badly, but then feels guilty when she realizes how hard it is going to be.  She doesn't even have a phone right now (hence the not calling me... she has to borrow her friends phone).  It's funny though, because all of this doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to.  I realized I can't control any of this (except for making the invites and swag).  I just keep counting down to the day (less than 6 months!)  I keep reading about all of your weddings coming up and can't wait to see some reviews!  Rachel, are you super stoked yet!?!?! 

P.S.  I got legally (and Catholic) married last week.  Shhhhhhh!

Lol! love your comments! I totally have been emailing Claudia and no respose in about a month. lol! I also asked asked about the dance floor and about the lounge furniture. 

Congrats on the secret! lol!

Oh and I went through a destination wedding planner which helped get people book there rooms , because we blocked rooms with a great price for our guests. Girl I was on everybody every day trying to get them to book.. Finally they booked so i feel so much better.. The great thing about the website they had a payment plan for some people that could pay all at once.  I used Destination Weddings .com

I love this site!

Terry

Terry, I am so glad that is working out for you.  I know there is a thread on here where a lot of people had bad experiences with them.  But you and some others had good experiences too.  There is all of a sudden this big craze with the lounge furniture.  Are ppl using this instead of tables.  Is this the same as those cute white couches I saw on here many pages back?

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted before, but maybe not.   Sheena, you looked amazing.  Congrats and can't wait for the review!