Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Rachel -

January 27th!!!!  I would be super excited and nervous too.  Just remember what every Dreams Cancun bride says - your wedding will be perfect and don't stress because everything will get taken care of at your pre-wedding meeting.

As for the fire drummer show, $1250 certainly seems a bit steep.  Although every price I have seen for any fire performance on this forum has seemed outrageous.  I hope you are able to work it out with her because that would be amazing for your guests and the pictures would be phenomenal.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my good friends is good like you..she is a year and half away and is almost done with all her planning. I haven't even started my OOT bags yet eek.gif. I am sending my invites next week and hope to have a better idea of the total amount of guests. I have 40 booked so far...but I still have a handful of people who have yet to book. As for her flower book, it does consist of real pictures of previous weddings. Everything is pretty...i didn't see anything to spectacular to go crazy over but I am sure they do whatever you want. The flowers the they all around the hotel as decorations are beautiful and I am sure they use the same florist for that as well. My dad owned a florist for years and the flowers she showed me were nice. I asked if they could change things and she said they can do whatever you want but obviously depending on the flower it might raise the price. I might have one of my aunts who continued to work at a florist make me an arrangement.I will take a picture of it and send it to Cecilia and see if they can do it for me. To be honest with you I am not trying to get too crazy with the flowers. I just want to make sure they can put some sort of lighting in the flowers. The backdrop of the hotel and ocean is amazing as is already. I am having my reception on the beach so my biggest thing is having the right lighting under my tables, the flags with the lights and the dance floor that lights up. I hope this helps a little. I wish I would have taken a picture of her book to have something to show you. Good luck and happy planning!!cheers.gif

@jana297: I wouldn't worry too much if you're not getting quick responses from Claudia at this point...and I don't know that putting urgent on your emails will help...your wedding is over a year away, they're do weddings all the time and are swamped with the planning for weddings coming up in the next month, I'm sure you can understand why they would put your email on hold compared to all the brides emailing whose weddings are in the coming weeks.  They don't really get "on it" on replying to your emails until your wedding is about 3 months away or less. If there are specific things you want that are different than what your wedding package has, then clarify any changes you want (ie: a different photographer, and outside florist, etc)...but for things that your package includes like picking your menu or flowers, you have lots of time before they'll start going over all that with you  :)

I am such a control freak!!! It is so hard for me to wait till last minute for anything. I am trying to get her to take my deposit to hold my date. I am really nervous because I have already started making things for my wedding with the specific date on it. I have shared emails back and forth with her for months and she said I could hold my date with a credit card around December of 2010. I'm just so worried another bride has paid and gotten the date I want. I wish I had a more patient self and wasn't so controlling. We picked the date so far out so that all of our friends and family could afford going. Now I wish we said to hell with it and were getting married this April. Rudebaga when is your wedding? Is it getting close?

Originally Posted by rudebaga View Post

@jana297: I wouldn't worry too much if you're not getting quick responses from Claudia at this point...and I don't know that putting urgent on your emails will help...your wedding is over a year away, they're do weddings all the time and are swamped with the planning for weddings coming up in the next month, I'm sure you can understand why they would put your email on hold compared to all the brides emailing whose weddings are in the coming weeks.  They don't really get "on it" on replying to your emails until your wedding is about 3 months away or less. If there are specific things you want that are different than what your wedding package has, then clarify any changes you want (ie: a different photographer, and outside florist, etc)...but for things that your package includes like picking your menu or flowers, you have lots of time before they'll start going over all that with you  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 View Post

My wedding is January 27th .. I am getting nervous. I spoke to Cecilia and I wanted to hire a fire drummer show for 30 minutes during the reception and originally she told me it was $500 and now shes telling me its $1250. UGH!!! 

Hey everyone,

I just contacted American Airlines, they gave me a promotional code for us and our guests for an extra 5% off flights during our wedding week. If you email them they can do it for a wedding group from anywhere in the USA. Just thought I would share this I thought it was a good something extra

@jana297: I know I know...it's hard to wait and be patient...it's fun getting everything planned and put together.  I'm sure you'll get your date set soon!  :)  And yes, my wedding is coming up very soon...JAN 22!!!  We leave for Cancun on the 15th...counting down the days! So excited!

Debbie  :)

Thank you! I am super excited.. most of our stuff is done and now just getting seating arrangements worked out and trying to figure out what we are going to suggest for music with DJ manana

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Rachel -

January 27th!!!!  I would be super excited and nervous too.  Just remember what every Dreams Cancun bride says - your wedding will be perfect and don't stress because everything will get taken care of at your pre-wedding meeting.

As for the fire drummer show, $1250 certainly seems a bit steep.  Although every price I have seen for any fire performance on this forum has seemed outrageous.  I hope you are able to work it out with her because that would be amazing for your guests and the pictures would be phenomenal.