Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe some of you knew this, but I just found out that they closed down Azucar Bar and turned it into Desires Bar, which is apparently a sports and music lounge. I emailed the concierge to ask about the new place. With Azucar, guests of Dreams were allowed free entry and two complimentary drinks. It had a live salsa band all night long until 7 am. Desires Bar is no longer open to the public, it's part of the all-inclusive package for Dreams. They have different kinds of music each night, but no live salsa band and they are only open 5 pm - 1 am. I'm kind of bummed, I was excited that our guests could go see some real Mexican music after the wedding and dance the night away, but that's not the case anymore. Just another random 'surprise' from Dreams again!

Wow! That sucks! I was really excited about Azucar too, I loooove salsa, in fact salsa dancing is where I met FI. I'm sure the guys in our group are going to be more excited about a sports bar though...it's good and bad.

P.S. If it makes you feel better, Salsa is not "real" Mexican music anyway, it's Cuban/Puerto Rican/Dominican music which the spanish speaking world enjoys. Mexican music is Alejandro Fernandez, Los tigres del norte, Rancheras, Mariachi, Norteñas, and Rock en Español :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post
Wow! That sucks! I was really excited about Azucar too, I loooove salsa, in fact salsa dancing is where I met FI. I'm sure the guys in our group are going to be more excited about a sports bar though...it's good and bad.

P.S. If it makes you feel better, Salsa is not "real" Mexican music anyway, it's Cuban/Puerto Rican/Dominican music which the spanish speaking world enjoys. Mexican music is Alejandro Fernandez, Los tigres del norte, Rancheras, Mariachi, Norteñas, and Rock en Español :)
Heh, yeah I figured someone would call me out on that. I suppose I meant "Latin" music!

So if its a part of the all inclusive...that means drinks & everything are freehuh.gif If so, thats awesome for me. I'm not big on latin music at all....but was worried about hwat we would all do after the reception. I guess now i know!! Woo-Hoo!!! Its just a bummer that they close so early, but my guests will probably be tired by 1 anyway :)

well that sucks! i printed all of the restaurants and bars, including Azucar, on our welcome brochure! oh well, i guess more "free" drinks will be nice after the reception. we'll either go there or to the loby bar where they have music as well....CANT WAIT!!!!

Well, that's great for baseball season, but crappy for the bachelorette party I was going to have. I'm getting so weary from all of these "surprises". On the up side, I leave for Cancun for my vacation/site visit in 12 days and stay at Dreams in 16 days! We bought our Bose Ipod dock today (on sale at Best Buy) to test out there, and I started buying my OOT stuff (is more than a year away too early?) 30 red and neutral colored jumbo tote bags ($1 each at Dollar Tree), and a bunch of sea shells to scatter around the centerpieces. I book in a few weeks for next year too.... OM gosh it's really starting to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
Well, that's great for baseball season, but crappy for the bachelorette party I was going to have. I'm getting so weary from all of these "surprises". On the up side, I leave for Cancun for my vacation/site visit in 12 days and stay at Dreams in 16 days! We bought our Bose Ipod dock today (on sale at Best Buy) to test out there, and I started buying my OOT stuff (is more than a year away too early?) 30 red and neutral colored jumbo tote bags ($1 each at Dollar Tree), and a bunch of sea shells to scatter around the centerpieces. I book in a few weeks for next year too.... OM gosh it's really starting to happen!
not early at all...it FLIES by!!! when we got engaged, we had 14 months and now less than four!!! i went to get the flower girl's dress this week and had to rush it!!

so excited about your site visit!! take lots of pics for us :)

Speaking of pics... I am taking requests for photo opportunities. I am a HUGE picture taker (half of my friends would yell at me in college for always having my camera but now they say that the only reason they have any documentation of their college years is because of me!) I am only there a day, I but I will do my best to take every pic I can, no request is too weird (inside of rooms, view from rooms if Claudia shows them all to me, different angles of gazebo, the new desires bar , etc). Also, are there any questions anyone want's asked (obviously more general questions, not specific wedding options, as everyone here seems to get different deals).

Carolina24... less than 4 months!!! You must be getting excited. We got engaged in October, so 20 months before our wedding, and we originally were going to get married in October, so 2 years. I really just want to have everything done, so I can focus on relaxing and having fun, and remembering those last minute things early.