Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Looks like maybe my dreams are coming true...Dreams REALLY is getting renovated! Check out the new paint job the lighthouse got! (first pic- Jan 2010, second pic- April 2010)...thanks to Juan Navarro's blog :)

Average Jane and JT3, I'm sure the place will be gorgeous by the time you gals get down there in a week or so. Good luck! Please don't forget about us and do post pics of the new changes!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG! I am in tears! I only have 16 days until my wedding here! I booked this resort because of reasons the other brides-to-be mentioned, the beautiful gazebo and wedding service! So if the gazebo is not up to par, or if the view has changed, I don't think this is fair! We entered a contract based upon these photos and promises! I am just sick and can't sleep at this thought! I know the lobby, pool and rooms are not NEARLY as nice as other hotels! I only talked people into staying here for our wedding. So now I feel very guilty if they stay here and our wedding is not what I planned. I have emailed Cecilia, my WC, with my concerns. If I hear anything back, I will let everyone know. If not I will post my review afterwards. I wish everyone the best of luck!!:)

Amy

Try not to be sad. I really think (and hope for myself) that things will work out for the best. Maybe this is one of those tests we have to face and just laugh at. In reality, we are marrying the men (and women for all you gents , or any types of couples) of our dreams, we are on a vacation, we have beautiful sunny days, and the ocean. And one day we will have a story to tell our kids! Hopefully it will be a story of how frustrated we were only to find out it was more beautiful than imagined!!!!

You are so right! Sorry, I was having a breakdown last night! I am much better after a little sleep. :) I decided I will not worry about it anymore. I am sure it will all work out. And the important thing is that we will be surrounded by our friends and family in a beautiful setting for our wedding. So gazebo or no gazebo, we can have it in the sand for all I care! Lol. Have a great weekend everyone!

Amysmile29.gif

provided that the new gazebo is ready by the time your weddings roll around, i am sure that you will be very pleased and happy that it was remodeled. the true allure of that gazebo is its location out there on the point, not the gazebo itself. that gazebo is really just a plain wood thing painted white, and it gets weather-worn quickly. there was a guy out there touching up paint on it the day we arrived, and by wedding day it was a little worn again. i'm sure they are replacing it with something that can better withstand the high winds and salt water spray. it's sure to be gorgeous!

that said, it had BETTER be ready for you girls!!!!!

I think they are making it out of concrete....some guy on their facebook page said that he was there when they were pouring the cement pillars....I think that would look awesome...

Also...JT3..On their facebook page its been said that they have another gazebo up that they are using for the weddings that are taking place while the other one is being remodeled!!.smile123.gif

Ohhhh wonderful, I just read through a lot of the gazebo details...It's frustrating they didn't tell anyone..I feel for ya May/April brides!

Hopefully they have everything done by the time I get there in June but at this rate it's hard to tell what they will remodel next!

wow ladies i just went through a roller coaster of emotions catching up on these recent posts!!!

i cant believe they didnt inform the brides who would be affected, even if they set up a temporary gazebo. i get that they're busy, but that is a BIG detail, especially since it's something they obviously planned on doing.

good luck to all of you april brides, im sure everything will be amazing on your wedding days!!!